Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

If Peeta never...existed!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) Do you think more people would of liked Gale better if Peeta never existed? Do you think more people would of liked the idea of Gale/Katniss better? I think so..Because then you couldn't compare one to the other..I do like Gale, but compared to Peeta he isn't as great..Thoughts?

Naomi812 what? no way. then there would be no conflict. and who would go tho the hunger games with her???

message 3: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Why are we talking about this, if Peeta never exsisted, I would die! Screw Edward Team Peeta!!!

Jena Well, obviously people would like Gale better. He'd be the ONLY choice.. We'd have to like him.

Jasmine actually... I ALWAYS LOVED GALE! plus her with peeta wasn't realistic

Maja I love Peeta! The story wouldn't be half as good if he wasn't in it.

[Coco] *Pride of the west side fan!* wrote: "actually... I ALWAYS LOVED GALE! plus her with peeta wasn't realistic"

Actually, her with Gale is unrealistic. Because they're so similar. How is Peeta unrealistic?!?

And Katniss without Peeta would be like a car without a battery. She can't function right without him.

Jennifer Dupriest Hmmm... if Peeta never existed that would be a whole new story... who knows maybe another guy would be chosen and he would be the new love interest (Unless he was a little boy... then that would be really awkward)

Connie love Gale! always have! i think peeta is sort of a weak character, Peeta is important to the story in his own way, but Gale it better!

Christina If there was no Peeta, there would be no "Love Triangle" Every thing would be so easy. She'd have to pick Gale. She would never get a choice unless they brought another person in.

message 11: by YaYa (new) - rated it 2 stars

YaYa The book would be completely different if there was no Peeta considering that he went into the Hunger Games with Katniss and he is a really major character. Also I like Gale but I couldn't picture Katniss not being with Peeta...

BookCupid Peter might start off weak, but he grows tremendously during the story.

message 13: by Jazz (last edited Nov 14, 2011 07:33PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jazz If Peeta never existed, there wouldn't be anything to compare Gale to. My guesses are Gale would have eventually confessed and him and Katniss would have ended up together. But, I really wouldn't see Katniss being completely happy. More like she would have just settled for Gale, because that would have been all she knew.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

agree with dani

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Two Words: NO STORY

message 16: by Riah (new) - added it

Riah There wouldn't have been much of a story without Peeta. He influenced Katniss so much... She probably would have died without Peeta, he was saved her from Cato, remember? She would have gone in, fought, maybe survived, came back and married Gale... Maybe. If he would have been able to get enough to courage to tell Katniss he loved her. I think he only told her when he did because of Peeta. If he really loved her so much, he should have told her before she went into the games when his chances of ever seeing her again were minimal.

Angelica I always liked Gale better. If there was no Peeta she wouldn't have survived the game so it's a bit of a moot point.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) The point of this topic is if people would like the idea of Gale/Katniss better and Gale better if Peeta wasn't in the book..

message 19: by Jazz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jazz Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) wrote: "The point of this topic is if people would like the idea of Gale/Katniss better and Gale better if Peeta wasn't in the book.."

Probably, because it would be the only possibility we'd have seen.

Riah wrote: "There wouldn't have been much of a story without Peeta. He influenced Katniss so much... She probably would have died without Peeta, he was saved her from Cato, remember? She would have gone in, fo..."

Actually, I think Gale was trying to confess right before the Peacekeepers dragged him during his one minute with Katniss right before she was put on the first train.

message 20: by Riah (new) - added it

Riah Maybe - depends. I still don't think I would have liked Gale, because I didn't like him before Peeta and that was like two chapters!

Natalie I would still hate Gale anyway.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) I don't think Gale would be like "I love you" to Katniss right before she left...He's not so..willing to give away all of his emotions?

message 23: by Riah (new) - added it

Riah Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) wrote: "I don't think Gale would be like "I love you" to Katniss right before she left...He's not so..willing to give away all of his emotions?"

Agreed, although I think he should have told her!

message 24: by Jazz (last edited Nov 17, 2011 09:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jazz Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) wrote: "I don't think Gale would be like "I love you" to Katniss right before she left...He's not so..willing to give away all of his emotions?"

Why not? As far as he knew that was his final chance.

Sonia Jarmula There would have been no rebellion, and the Hunger Games would have continued. Katniss could have possibly died, because she might not have been hiding out in a cave making out with Peeta and nursing him back to health. Therefore, without Peeta, she wouldn't have made the stand to eat the poisonous berries. SO, no rebellion. Snow would be alive, and the Hunger Games continued until who knows? Peeta is essential to the story.

message 26: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) wrote: "Do you think more people would of liked Gale better if Peeta never existed? Do you think more people would of liked the idea of Gale/Katniss better? I think so..Because then you couldn't compare on..."

I know! I have nothing against Gale, its just Peeta is better. And if there was no Peeta the stroy line wouldn't be as good or anything.

message 27: by Ed (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ed Wilcox I hated gale. Thought he should have died after his wipping.

The Unicorn Riding Faerie[Vee] I must say i grew fond of Peeta, but I want to know what is Gale's future. It shouldn't be a cliffhanger. That is not an acceptable one. A lot of people were hoping Gale would end up with Katniss, because she chose to be with him. I do go for both of them. I fell under both of their kindness and love for Katniss.

message 29: by Riah (new) - added it

Riah Ed wrote: "I hated gale. Thought he should have died after his wipping."

You sound like my sister. She wanted him killed off like 5 pages into the first book. I don't think he's that bad. I just think Peeta balanced Katniss better.

message 30: by Tami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tami Why would anyone hate Gale? I don't get it. He never did anything that seemed unlikable. His attitude about fighting against the capitol was a little brash, but it was expected. Gale and Katniss were a more likely couple, for me. They seemed most likely to end up together. I loved Peeta too though. The fact that he loved her for so long from afar was sweet. But I think the only reason they became so close was because of the games. That kind of thing tends to bring people closer together. Had neither of them had to go to the games, I doubt Peeta would have ever worked up the guts to tell her how he felt, while Gale was already working on fessing up. I liked them both, for different reasons.

[Coco] Katniss and her family would be dead. Because Peeta gave her the bread, and if he never existed, Katniss would be gone too. There would be no book without Peeta anyways.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) Dani wrote: "Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) wrote: "I don't think Gale would be like "I love you" to Katniss right before she left...He's not so..willing to give away all of his emotions?"

Why not? As far as he ..."

I think he wouldn't...He knew that Katniss would be stressed and like "Does he have to say that now when I'm gonna die" and all so he wouldn't.

Sonia Jarmula I think most of you are ignoring the grander scheme of things. Yes, Katniss probably would have ended up with Gale.

But think to the actual games. She would be dead without him, and the rebellion against the Capitol would have never happened without her threatening to eat the poisonous berries unless she and Peeta could be together. And Coco, you make a good point, without the bread, her family would have died, so Katniss may never have been sent to the games after all, if she had not had to volunteer for Prim.

Kirby I too always thought that gale was trying to say, "remember that I love you" when the peacekeepers dragged him away before her train left...

message 35: by Riah (new) - added it

Riah Kirby wrote: "I too always thought that gale was trying to say, "remember that I love you" when the peacekeepers dragged him away before her train left..."

Aw! He should have gotten it out faster! C'mon Gale! (No, not a Gale fan, but still.) Anyway... without Peeta... I guess the whole story would have been different and she might have fallen for a different tribute boy. Obviously S.C. wanted a semi love triangle.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) There are people who wanted Katniss to fall in love with "the random boy from the seam". Remeber in the reaping, a boy catches Katniss when she falls?

message 37: by Riah (new) - added it

Riah Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) wrote: "There are people who wanted Katniss to fall in love with "the random boy from the seam". Remeber in the reaping, a boy catches Katniss when she falls?"

Oh yeah! I remember. Huh, wonder why they'd want that?

Kirby Riah wrote: "Kirby wrote: "I too always thought that gale was trying to say, "remember that I love you" when the peacekeepers dragged him away before her train left..."

Aw! He should have gotten it out faster!..."

yeah, I found it sorta hard to believe he couldn't get 3 little words blurted out on the way out the door...maybe he was still waffling about saying it...

message 39: by Riah (new) - added it

Riah Kirby wrote: "Riah wrote: "Kirby wrote: "I too always thought that gale was trying to say, "remember that I love you" when the peacekeepers dragged him away before her train left..."

Aw! He should have gotten i..."

Most likely. It would be hard to say, I guess. But I think I'd ant to tell them if I was pretty sure they'd die. Of course, it's hard to say that, never having been in that position.

message 40: by Dhfan4life (new) - added it

Dhfan4life I liked Gale and Peeta as separate characters well enough. Just what I didn't like was the fact that Collins tied Katniss's life up with a "pretty" bow of sorts. By having her marry and have kids with Peeta. I think Katniss had too much of a survivor and rebel's spirit to ever truly be calmed down enough to have a family life like that. So frankly I wouldn't like Gale or Gale being with Katniss any better or worse if there was no Peeta. Cause at the end of the day I think if things still progressed as they did in the story and the character's development then they still would have gone their separate ways.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

If Peeta never existed, Katniss could have died! He was the boy with the bread who stopped her from starving and gave her hope, so if there was no Peeta, there might have been no Katniss as well...

message 42: by Dhfan4life (new) - added it

Dhfan4life That is one possibility Elena. But can't forget too that her father had taught her about the plants a bit and she could have kept trying to find those and survived on those and berries. Peeta and the bread I think was more a symbolic gesture that there was still kindness in their world. But even without him there I think she could have made it for a time.

Antoinette *Pride of the west side fan!* wrote: "actually... I ALWAYS LOVED GALE! plus her with peeta wasn't realistic"
I LOVE Gale too!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) Actually her with Peeta was realistic in my eyes..Opposites sometimes do attract.

message 45: by Riah (new) - added it

Riah Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) wrote: "Actually her with Peeta was realistic in my eyes..Opposites sometimes do attract."

Of course they do! You ought to see me and my fiance (not looks). Our characters are very opposite.

Nicole Peeta is anything but a weak character. He stands his ground, has strong morals & beliefs throughout the books. And he sticks by is beliefs. That for me is a strength. He doesn't believe in violence, doesn't mean he's not strong. He uses his head rather than just taking about how much he wants to kill everyone (like Gale).

message 47: by Sonia (last edited Nov 24, 2011 03:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sonia Jarmula Nicole wrote: "Peeta is anything but a weak character. He stands his ground, has strong morals & beliefs throughout the books. And he sticks by is beliefs. That for me is a strength. He doesn't believe in violenc..."

If I knew you, I would hug you for saying this. In a non-creepy way. Awesome statement, I completely agree.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) Nicole wrote: "Peeta is anything but a weak character. He stands his ground, has strong morals & beliefs throughout the books. And he sticks by is beliefs. That for me is a strength. He doesn't believe in violenc..."

YES!!! I'm glad someone else understands that Peeta is a VERY STRONG character! Thank you! :)))))))))

message 49: by Dhfan4life (new) - added it

Dhfan4life All 3(Gale, Katniss, Peeta) are strong in different ways. And each demonstrated their strength in one way or another throughout the books.

« previous 1 3