Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Texas Destiny
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived "Buddy Reads" > Texas Destiny by Lorraine Heath (Nov 14th)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 183 (183 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Nov 07, 2011 06:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments [image error]

*expect spoilers*

Book 1 in Lorraine Heath's Texas Trilogy.

Goodreads synopsis:

A weary, ex-Civil War soldier travels to Fort Worth to collect his brother's mail-order bride, a beautiful belle eager to escape war-ravaged Georgia, and finds the object of his heart.

Amazon.com review:

Don't read this fabulous book in public unless you're prepared to weep in front of strangers. Amelia Carson is a mail-order bride. She has come to Texas to marry Dallas, the ranch owner she has corresponded with for a year. But a broken leg (and fate) requires Dallas to send his brother, Houston, to meet Amelia in his place. Physically and emotionally scarred by the war, Houston doesn't believe he will ever find love. When he falls in love with his brother's betrothed, he never expects her to return his feelings. Together they discover that without honor, love is meaningless.

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments The 14th of what, ✿Michelle✿? This month?

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "The 14th of what, ✿Michelle✿? This month?"

Smacking myself in the forhead, LOL!!! November. I'll change it now.

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Don't know if we'll be done with Ransom (Highlands' Lairds, #2) by Julie Garwood by then...

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Don't know if we'll be done with Ransom (Highlands' Lairds, #2) by Julie Garwood by then..."

If you'd like to re-read it, I'm happy to change the date. I'm becoming a buddy read junkie, LOL!

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I could probably read one of my other challenge books instead.

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Let me see what the chapter breakdown of Ransom (Highlands' Lairds, #2) by Julie Garwood will be. I might be able to swing it.

Do you read mulitple books at once, ✿Michelle✿?

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Let me see what the chapter breakdown of Ransom (Highlands' Lairds, #2) by Julie Garwood will be. I might be able to swing it.

Do you read mulitple books at once, ✿Michelle✿?"

I'm starting to. That's the only way I'll think I'll get through my TBR.

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments LMAO! That sounds so funny, ✿Michelle✿! "I have to read two books at once to get my TBR pile down." (Oh, dear. I'm getting giddy and I need to pee. Why do you always make me laugh, LOL!)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "LMAO! That sounds so funny, ✿Michelle✿! "I have to read two books at once to get my TBR pile down." (Oh, dear. I'm getting giddy and I need to pee. Why do you always make me laugh, LOL!)"

LMAO!!!!!!!!! I don't know. I have another class for work 8-4, and I'm wide awake before my alarm is set to go off. You'd think I'd try to go back to sleep. But no, I'm on GR with the giggles!

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I just pictured you with two books in your hands... turning your head from side to side to take turns reading... too funny! **giggles** I hope you got to your class in time and weren't too tired.

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments After checking my "buddy read" callendar, I'd love to do a "buddy read" with you on Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, #1) by Lorraine Heath , ✿Michelle✿! However, I'll have some tail end days on another BR... so, I might not be able to post the first or second questions... unless I work on them now, LOL!

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "After checking my "buddy read" callendar, I'd love to do a "buddy read" with you on Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, #1) by Lorraine Heath, ✿Michelle✿! However, I'll have some tail end days on another BR... so, I mig..."

That'll be great! If I don't finish reading any other book this month, I have to finish this one!

message 14: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments YES! I've got this downloaded. Have I told ya'll I have like close to 500 books downloaded that I just need to get to? I think I have a problem LOL Can I join in on this?

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Only 500, Susan? Small potatoes. I think ✿Michelle✿ has you beat by a landslide. Check out her TBR bookshelf. LOL!

Welcome to the "buddy read"! ☺

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "YES! I've got this downloaded. Have I told ya'll I have like close to 500 books downloaded that I just need to get to? I think I have a problem LOL Can I join in on this?"

I love it!!!! See, all the more reason to do Buddy Reads!

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Does Nov 14th work?

message 18: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments yes, Nov 14 works for me :)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "yes, Nov 14 works for me :)"

Great! I'm thinking this book has such good reviews that I'm excited to finally read it.

message 20: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I looked at the reviews tonight and it does have great ones. I'm looking forward to reading this as well.

message 21: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Smith | 415 comments I'm going to try to find this one. The reviews look great, and I think I'm ready to read about some humans for a change. LOL!

message 22: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments LOL!

message 23: by Lina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lina | 5563 comments Tracey wrote: "I'm going to try to find this one. The reviews look great, and I think I'm ready to read about some humans for a change. LOL!"

YES!! I was just thinking that this morning, Tracey. Great minds...

message 24: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I think Sans is going to join us too, CaroB.

message 25: by Lina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lina | 5563 comments Here??? In this group? Woohoo!! *does a little dance* I'll bring the wine :-)

message 26: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Why don't you PM her and ask for sure... she said yes, but that was b/f she lost her latest book.

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I'm getting excited!!

message 28: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I know how you feel, ✿M✿! I'm getting excited too, and I've read it! Can't wait to hear what you ladies think and the Q's you come up with.

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments So, the participants so far are:

Susan (susayq), CaroB, Lisa Kay, Tracey, Sans (?), and myself?

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Looks like you got it covered, ✿M✿! ☺

message 31: by Sans (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sans Hi guys! I'm here, I'll be joining. Nice to meet everyone (er, that I haven't previously met that is...)!

message 32: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Hi Sans! Nice to meet you too :)

message 33: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Yea! Sans is here! This will be fun. **hee hee**

message 34: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Smith | 415 comments Nice to meet you! :)

message 35: by Sans (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sans Hi Susan and Tracey!

Uh-oh, now I'll have performance anxiety, Lisa. ^o^

message 36: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Did you drop a chromosome?

message 37: by Sans (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sans The way I react to crying women, you'd think I had. (Annoying co-worker has been crying next to me all morning. I just keep turning my iPod up.)

message 38: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oh, man! Is work still a zoo, or is this a new drama, Sans? Is this cry-crying or cry-whining?

message 39: by Sans (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sans Still a zoo, but I've been taking it easy yesterday and today (two bosses are traveling and I had a small scare yesterday).

It ended up being cry-whining. Her tooth was hurting but she didn't want to take pain meds for it. WTF? It huts. You take Advil. End of.

message 40: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Even one Advil at the beginning of the pain is better than having to take two or three when the pain is unbearable. There should be little Public Service Announcements on this stuff.

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Hi Sans!

message 42: by Sans (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sans Hi Michelle!

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Does anyone object to me posting the first set of questions? I can be flexible if someone has a conflict with another BR, or real life etc....

message 44: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments That's fine with me, Michelle.

message 45: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Smith | 415 comments works for me

message 46: by Lina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lina | 5563 comments *waves* Hi Sans! Good to have you here!

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments I'm on the fence to start this one. I have it though, so maybe I'll join in.

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I'm at work right now, so I'll post the schedule when I get home tonight. How many chapters a night works for everyone?

message 49: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Smith | 415 comments Can't find it :(... Book a million really disappointing me lately! Hopefully my used book store will come through. We'll see. Want a tablet for Christmas, can't wait to be able to download ebooks without having to run all over town looking!

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Tracey wrote: "Can't find it :(... Book a million really disappointing me lately! Hopefully my used book store will come through. We'll see. Want a tablet for Christmas, can't wait to be able to download ebooks w..."

BAM was my only option for a while when I lived in another state. I feel your pain......

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.