Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Themes > PNR

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Can we compile a list here specifically for paranormal romance? I know not everyone enjoys that genre, but for those of us that do, we'd have a quick reference. Thanks!

message 2: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Dark Possession (Carpathians, #18) by Christine Feehan Tales of the Red Moon Clan by Chérie De Sues

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
Great idea, Michelle. If it's okay, can the posters indicate if it's erotic content?

message 4: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Great idea, Michelle. If it's okay, can the posters indicate if it's erotic content?"

Of course! I think that'd be a great idea. I don't mind reading some erotica, but I prefer sweet to sensual myself.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin  (robin-alisha) | 209 comments Does anyone know of any other good PNR/UF IR books or authors? I'd prefer something more on the Urban Fantasy(UF) side rather than PNR.

Thanks.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
Robin, Lakisha Spletzer and Rae Lori come to mind immediately.

message 7: by Robin (new)

Robin  (robin-alisha) | 209 comments Thanks.

Have you read any a.c. Mason books? I heard about her a little while ago. Does those books lean more toward PNR or UF?

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I haven't read her.

I think both authors sit in between both spectrums.

message 9: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
This one is sort of urban fantasy romance. A Skinwalker 's Legacy  by Shae Wynters

message 10: by Bluecreek (new)

Bluecreek | 11 comments Ones I've read and liked:

Hunter Kiss Series (Marjorie Liu)
The Iron Duke (Meljean Brook)
Magnus Pack Series (Shelly Laurenston) *I Think a couple of her Pride series novels are IR too
Lure of the Wicked (Karina Cooper)
Crimson City - Through a Crimson Veil (Patti O'Shea)
Crimson City - Seduced By Crimson (Jade Lee)
Ghostwalkers (#2 & #9) There may be others in this series as well that I have not read
Artistic Vision (Dana Marie Bell)
Sins of the Heart (Eve Silver)
Forged in Shadows (Jesse Slade)

Ones I've read and didn't care for:

Dragon Series (Allyson James)
Critical intelligence (Mandy Roth)
Hatsept Heat (T J Michaels)
Twilight Fall - Darken #6 (Lynn Viehl)
Solstice Heat (Leila Brown)
Apla Male Incorporated: Under Your Protection (Marie Rochelle)

Ones I have not yet read:

Psy-Changelings - I believe several of these are IR, but I am not sure which (Nalini Singh)
Julia Poe Series (Celis Rono)
World of the Lupi Series (Eileen Wilks)
Fallen (Violette Dubrinsky)
Gabriel's Redemtion (Roslyn Hardy Holcomb)
Seduced by a Wolf (Zena Wynn)
Spirit Bound (Christeen Feehan)
Marked by Destiny (Kate Perry)

message 11: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Thanks for the list Bluecreek!

message 12: by SheReadsALot (new)

SheReadsALot | 965 comments These are some IR paranormals that I enjoyed by independent authors:

Hayat Ali -The Alpha Promise,
Violette Dubrinsky - Fallen, Under a Crescent Moon, Bound
D. Renee Bagby - Adrienne

message 13: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (last edited Jul 23, 2012 04:14AM) (new)

I read Adrienne last year, and really enjoyed it. I'd like to get a copy of The Alpha Promise, and the Violette Dubrinsky books.

message 14: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 21 comments I love Laurenston's books. Here Kitty, Kitty! (Magnus Pack, #3) by Shelly Laurenston Latina and Southern, Go Fetch! (Magnus Pack, #2) by Shelly Laurenston BWWM Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5) by Shelly Laurenston BWWM. There is one more too. Read all of them!

message 15: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 307 comments We have a review of Seressia Glass' newest novella in the Jackal series. I think its M/M/F

http://smartgirlsscifi.wordpress.com/...

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Mrsbookmark, can you post a link to the book on Goodreads for that book? Thanks!

message 17: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 307 comments http://www.amazon.com/Hunting-the-Jac...

This is the amazon link. I think I have it listed on my goodreads tbr. Still working out all the features on GR.

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

You can click on add book/author above the comment box and it will pull up a link to the bookcover or title.

Here you go!

Hunting the Jackal by Seressia Glass

message 19: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 307 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "You can click on add book/author above the comment box and it will pull up a link to the bookcover or title.

Here you go!

Hunting the Jackal by Seressia Glass"

THANKS!!!!

message 20: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1379 comments All of Laurenston's Magnus Pack books are IR. The first one features a NAW/WM, second one is BWWM & third is Latina/WM.

Her Pride series Books has several IR:
#2 The Beast in Him BW/WM,
#4 The Mane Squeeze AW/WM
#5 Beast Behaving Badly BW/WM

Her Gathering series (of which there is only 1 book) Hunting Season has a BW/WM and centers on Norse mythology but the cast is multicultural.

She has an awesome novella in Belong To The Night with a BW/WM couple. Hands down one of my favorite

Under G.A. Aiken she has written a dragon shifter series:
#2 About a Dragon
#6 How to Drive a Dragon Crazy

I don't recommend jumping into the latter books of the Pride or the Dragon series. She uses a continuous narrative, especially in the Dragon series. You'll have lost a LOT of story if you just hit the IRs. All her stuff is awesome so you can't go wrong with her books.

Some non-Laurenstons

Born to Bite
Living Violet
Soul Song
True Colors
Swan and the Bear (PNR erotica)
Her Viking Wolf (time travel PNR)

message 21: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Tina wrote: "All of Laurenston's Magnus Pack books are IR. The first one features a NAW/WM, second one is BWWM & third is Latina/WM.

Her Pride series Books has several IR:
#2 The Beast in Him BW/WM,
#4 T..."

Hi Tina, thanks for the info. I have some of the books from the dragon shifter series. Now, I'll be sure to move them up in my very long TBR list.

message 22: by Robin (new)

Robin  (robin-alisha) | 209 comments Could someone tell me which books aren't werewolf/shifter books? I've grown a bit tired of those for the moment.

Thanks.

message 23: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

RobinRaven wrote: "Could someone tell me which books aren't werewolf/shifter books? I've grown a bit tired of those for the moment.

Thanks."

Sorry for such a late response- it's the firs time seeing this thread for a while. Most of the books mentioned so far appear to be werewolf/ shifter books.

message 24: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Just curious, is this series IR:

The Collettes Sola (The Collettes, #1) by Dahlia Rose The Collettes Willa (The Collettes, #3) by Dahlia Rose The Collettes Luna (The Collettes, #2) by Dahlia Rose