Outlander Series discussion

Archived > Spell Their Name - JAMIE

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dee (last edited Nov 07, 2011 05:18PM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments hey guys
GR has launched a beta group challenge program. At the bottom of the groups home page you can see the challenge - all you have to do it click on it to join (similar to the reading goal challenge this year) - designate a shelf you want to use and the number of books (for Jamie it would be 5) - when you finish the book, put it on that shelf, and it will count towards the challenge. You guys can back-date to the start of the month.

The title must start with that letter - disregarding the previous mentioned The, An etc

message 2: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ cool idea. I've joined.

message 3: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I'm excited about the new challenge tracker! That's so exciting.

So Dee, were you thinking that we can use any of the words in the title or the first letter? Meaning, I'm reading Froi of the Exiles. Can I use this for E, or does it have to start with E?

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments sorry - has to start with that letter - i'll refine it :)

message 5: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I just wanted to make sure I understood, lol. It was worded fine, I've just seen challenges with both.

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments good point - i'm trying to figure out how to edit the date to start at the beginning of the month, but it doesn't like me (although the programer swears it can be changed) - so just date your stuff after the 7th and it should work

message 7: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Nov 07, 2011 06:30PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments Yay, I've joined! Just so I understand correctly it has to be books we haven't read yet, right?

message 8: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I think Dee said you can backdate your shelf. As long as it was in the month of November...

message 9: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Nov 07, 2011 06:30PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments Shoot, sadly, I haven't read much in November yet. I need to get crackin'.

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments lol! I only set it for a month while we test it out. my plan is to run a few challenges that are month - like the spell the character and then a few that run for the year

message 11: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 288 comments let me understand this correctly...is this an alphabet challenge or just a "Jamie" title/character. if it's an alphabet challenge..then great.. I can manage...and when does it end..

message 12: by Lisa (last edited Nov 08, 2011 05:02PM) (new)

Lisa | 345 comments I think I goofed while setting up my challenge. I only got as far as putting in the number 5 in total of books and name of challenge and then when I clicked on the final button it said that I've read 4 of 5 books already. But I haven't built my shelf yet and don't know yet how to set it up - eeeek. I'm such a klutz :/

Never mind...I think it's fixed now - whew! I better get off here and start reading!!

message 13: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I'm pretty sure that it's a spell JAMIE challenge, the alphabet challenge hasn't started yet. And I think the Jamie challenge ends on the last day of this month, but it's on our homepage.

message 14: by Catherine (last edited Nov 08, 2011 07:04PM) (new)

Catherine | 288 comments so..using Jamie as the Acronym then?

I can do that...

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments yes, spell JAMIE, for example:

J - Just So Stories
A - Ann Pratchett - Bel Canto
M
I
E

and it will run through the end of the month

message 16: by Wan (last edited Nov 28, 2011 07:16AM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 564 comments Spell Their Name: JAMIE
1-30 Nov 2011
3/5

1.J: Jewel of Atlantis by Gena Showalter 11/13 (5)
2.A: Angel Fire by Lisa Unger
3.M: Meljean Brook, Heart of Steel 11/20 (5)
4.I: Imoratal Sin by Amanda Ashley
5.E: Erin McCarthy, The Chase 11/16 (5)

Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2) by Gena Showalter Angel Fire by Lisa Unger Heart of Steel (Iron Seas, #2) by Meljean Brook Immortal Sins by Amanda Ashley The Chase (Fast Track, #4) by Erin McCarthy

message 17: by Catherine (last edited Nov 30, 2011 06:17PM) (new)

Catherine | 288 comments cool beans!

J. Juliet..Ann Fortier (11/24)
A. Adam & Eve..Sena Jeter Naslund (11/30
M. Mozart's Last Aria..Matt Rees (11/30)
I. If Wishes Were Horses..Robert Barclay (11/25)
E. Empress Orchid..Anchee Min (11/7)

have to look at my books now!

message 18: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments P.S.--Does it count if the letter is the FIRST name of the author?

message 19: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments yep - first or last name

so Ann Pratchett or Jennifer Armitage (for example) could be used for the A

message 20: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Nov 10, 2011 11:53AM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments Hooray! I have my J then! lol

Also, are we supposed to be posting here like Wan and Catherine?

message 21: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments if you guys want to, or you can post a comment on your challenge - its pretty much honor system

i'm thinking about starting a completed challenges thread so you guys can be recognized (if you so desire)

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 345 comments Yeah, do we win a prize?! ;) LOL What would make a good prize...hmmm...an evening with Jamie?

message 23: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I so want to join this, but I didn't plan ahead and with group reads I just don't think I can... I'm going to look through my shelf tonight and see!

message 24: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments if not there will be plenty more ;) since this was basically a trial run with the new program

message 25: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 288 comments I want a date with Jamie...for the prize! :)

message 26: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments sorry, i seem to have misplaced my standing stones ;)

message 27: by Catherine (last edited Nov 10, 2011 03:50PM) (new)

Catherine | 288 comments well you'd better find them! or..I'll just hop on the next flight to England and head to Salisbury Plain...Stonehenge!

message 28: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 345 comments BOL!!!! Have you checked your closet lately Dee? Wait...isn't there a set of mini standing stones near North Carolina?

message 29: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments well, we could take a trip to jamaica, there is a passage there, and there is one in NC somewhere

message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 10, 2011 05:42PM) (new)

LOL me too, a date with Jamie and Ian would suffice. I bet you ken where you put them Dee! Ahh Jamaica would be a fine place to start a date... great idea

message 31: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 288 comments Jamaica's closer..but then there's the added possible problem of the Triangle! you could disappear totally! for real...then what!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

you would be surrounded by handsome pilots, sailors and pirates... they may keep a girl amused for quite some time...

message 33: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 288 comments or...you would be their entertainment!

message 34: by Wan (last edited Nov 28, 2011 07:14AM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 564 comments One more to go.

Spell Their Name: JAMIE
1-30 Nov 2011
4/5

2.A: Angel Fire by Lisa Unger
4.I: Imoratal Sin by Amanda Ashley 11/23 (2)

Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2) by Gena Showalter Angel Fire by Lisa Unger Heart of Steel (Iron Seas, #2) by Meljean Brook Immortal Sins by Amanda Ashley The Chase (Fast Track, #4) by Erin McCarthy

message 35: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments Awesome job!

message 36: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments just as a friendly reminder - 2 more days until this challenge ends ;)

message 37: by Mishelle (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 397 comments You could use Title or Author name?

message 38: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 288 comments I know!! I am getting stressed!! I am sooooo close to finishing! :)

message 39: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments I just need "I" and I'm done!! Eek! Soooo close!!!

message 40: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments yep, title (disregard An, A, The etc) or the authors first or last name

message 41: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 564 comments All done!!

1-30 Nov 2011
5/5

2.A: Angel Fire by Lisa Unger 11/30 (2)
4.I: Imoratal Sin by Amanda Ashley 11/23 (2)

message 42: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 288 comments J. Juliet..Ann Fortier (11/24)
A. Adam & Eve..Sena Jeter Naslund (11/30
M. Miracle in the Andes..Nando Parrado, Mozart's Last Aria..Matt Rees (11/30)
I. If Wishes Were Horses..Robert Barclay (11/25)
E. Empress Orchid..Anchee Min (11/7)

finished!!! YAY

message 43: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 345 comments Do we post here when we finish? I have to dig out my list (I've finished awhile ago). How do you make those lines appear thru the wording?

message 44: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments You use the strikethrough code. title goes here, just remove the '!'.

message 45: by Lisa (last edited Nov 30, 2011 06:18PM) (new)

Lisa | 345 comments Done!
J - J acob, Delle - 'Fire Dance'
A - A waken the Highlander, Anita Clenney
M - M r. Fox, Helen Oyeyeni
I - I n the Lake of the Woods, Tim O'Brien
E - E mbrace the Highlander, Anita Clenney

message 46: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Nov 30, 2011 09:08PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments Just under the gun! Phew!

1-30 Nov 2011
5/5

J - Jillian Larkin - Vixen
A - Anna Godbersen - Bright Young Things
M - Martin, George R R - Songs about Love and Death
I - Into the Shadows - Karly Kirkpatrick
E - Elizabeth Gaskell - North and South

message 47: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments Awesome everyone! I'm impressed.

message 48: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ Oops forgot to post here.

READ: 5/5
J - Jordan - Susan Kearney 11/8
A - Angel Burn - L.A. Weatherly 11/6
M - Magyk - Angie Sage 11/5
I - In Her Nature - Karen Tulchinsky 11/26
E - Eileen Wilks, Blood Magic 11/6

Jordan (Pendragon Legacy, #3) by Susan Kearney Angel Burn (Angel, #1) by L.A. Weatherly Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1) by Angie Sage In Her Nature by Karen X. Tulchinsky Blood Magic (World of the Lupi, #6) by Eileen Wilks

message 49: by Ellen W-S (new)

Ellen W-S | 50 comments Almost done with my "E" book, enjoyed the challenge...Happy reading!

J -Julia Quinn - To Sir Phillip With Love
A -An Offer of A Gentleman - Julia Quinn
M -Masquerade by Brenda Joyce
I -It Happened One Autumn - Lisa Kleypas
E -Envy - J.R. Ward (still reading...but may put aside for Scottish Prisoner mmmm)

To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5) by Julia Quinn An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3) by Julia Quinn The Masquerade by Brenda Joyce It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Envy (The Fallen Angels, #3) by J.R. Ward

message 50: by Ellen W-S (new)

Ellen W-S | 50 comments Dee wrote: "hey guys
GR has launched a beta group challenge program. At the bottom of the groups home page you can see the challenge - all you have to do it click on it to join (similar to the reading goal ch..."

Hey Dee tried to find this Challenge but didn't see it, wanted to explore. Can you provide the link?

« previous 1