Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) Clockwork Angel discussion

Ideas on what's up with Will Herondale

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alexandra Theories? Ideas? It's obvious that he has some serious issues with his past . . . something about a library, and screaming, and a box that he opened. Any guesses? Maybe something to do with the Pyxis??? Some sort of curse?? (These are just possible ideas.) And who do you suppose "Cecily" is?
What do you think?

Erika Will is gay and is absolutely in love with Jem but in the Victorian era was more difficult to accept that. That´s why he wants a spell to stop being in love with someone.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Erika wrote: "Will is gay and is absolutely in love with Jem but in the Victorian era was more difficult to accept that. That´s why he wants a spell to stop being in love with someone."

I am absolutely pretending you did NOT just say that considering you are making me take that into consideration.... NOOOOO! He CANNOT be gay... No.

Erika Kaley {Reality Continues To Ruin My Life} wrote: "Erika wrote: "Will is gay and is absolutely in love with Jem but in the Victorian era was more difficult to accept that. That´s why he wants a spell to stop being in love with someone."

I am absol..."

the theory fits dont you think? +evil chuckle+

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Lolz. SHUT UP!! *plugs ears* Lalalalaaa.

nine lol he is not gay. That would just be so disappointing

Keona Chandler Kaley {Reality Continues To Ruin My Life} wrote: "Erika wrote: "Will is gay and is absolutely in love with Jem but in the Victorian era was more difficult to accept that. That´s why he wants a spell to stop being in love with someone."

I am absol..."

i think that he wants a spell to not be in love w/ someone because he loves tessa and dosent want to knowing that they can never really be together. he also could not want to get her involved in whatever dark past hes in. i cand wait to read clocwork prince i preorderd it but its just talking so long. im going to die. i need to read the letter to his famiy and to tessa. i pray hes not gay. please dont let him be gay.

Katherine Cassandra Clare has said multiple places that Will is NOT gay. She says it is: The most popular theory. It really, really surprised her. And it makes her laugh. But it's not even a possibility. However, there will be other gay characters. (Not yet introduced).

My theory on Will's secret:
Cecily was someone close to him, a family member or friend. He opened the Pyxis out of curiosity (he was just a little boy) and accidentally killed her. What do you think?

esthermarie Um guys, Will can't be gay because he doesn';t have any siblings, ( that we know of) and he has to eventually have kids because isn't he Jace's great whatever grandfather?

Andrez he's got a sister

message 11: by Anne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne Erika wrote: "Will is gay and is absolutely in love with Jem but in the Victorian era was more difficult to accept that. That´s why he wants a spell to stop being in love with someone."

Possibility :).

message 12: by Shay (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shay Lol! I was wondering that too. I mean I like him and Tessa together and I want them to marry each other, but idk, I think he might be gay and because has serious issues because homosexuality isn't accepted in his world. Oo

message 13: by Jena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jena I'm guessing that Cicily is a Lightwood. Gabriel's sister to be exact. That's why they hate each other so much. I'm thinking that Will hurt her in some way and he just doesn't believe that he can be good and that he is not good enough for Tessa.

Alexandra Katherine is right, Ms. Clare did say that Will wasn't gay. (YAY!) Interesting theory about Cecily . . .

Charlotte Bryant HE'S EATING A POP SICLE ON A UNICORN SURROUNDED BY FAIRIES!!!

Katherine esthermarie wrote: "Um guys, Will can't be gay because he doesn';t have any siblings, ( that we know of) and he has to eventually have kids because isn't he Jace's great whatever grandfather?"

Well, Jace could be directly descended from a cousin or something like that. But yes, I prefer to think Will is some ancient grandfather...

Erika yeah, i also think he's gay

Abigail Jones Erika wrote: "Will is gay and is absolutely in love with Jem but in the Victorian era was more difficult to accept that. That´s why he wants a spell to stop being in love with someone."

Haha that would be funny.
Tessa: 'Will... I love you...'
Will: peeks over her shoulder at Jem. 'Yeah.. whatever...'

Abigail Jones I think it might be something to do with his parents... after that, though, I have no idea. Maybe a curse or something?

Keona Chandler Stray wrote: "he's got a sister"

where dose it say he has a sister? i dont remember that.

Katherine I don't remember it saying he has a sister, either! But apparently it does, Cassandra said so. Can anyone tell me which part/page it is?

message 22: by M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M. I remember something about a sister too, but it's been too long since I've read Clockwork Angel.
And the theory that Will is gay is a bit far fetched to me. I don't know where you guys are getting the gay vibe. So, you are saying that just because Will cares about Jem he is now gay? I mean, I have nothing against gay couples in literature (or real life) and I have some favorites, but I just didn't get that from Will and Jem's relationship. Dunno, if it turns out that way I will be disappointed.
Now, we can't really trust authors when they say stuff about their upcoming books. I've caught several of them lying including Ms. Clare. So, just because she said Will is not gay, it doesn't mean he isn't. She also said that Sebastian wasn't returning to the MI series, and BAM, guess who made an appearance at the end of CoFA?

message 23: by M. (last edited Nov 13, 2011 07:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

M. S.s wrote: "Erm Will doesn't have a sister but he did do Gabriels sister , hope that helps ;D all Of these theories are too predictable specially about cecily cassis Clare always manages to surprise us!!"

Really? I actually find her books quite predictable in some aspects. But maybe it's because I read too much and I've seen a lot of different plots. I'm difficult to surprise.

message 24: by M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M. S.s wrote: "Well I might be a bit simple minded..."

I doubt it :)

message 25: by Dal (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dal I think it is possible that he can see things but I don't know what!