The Sword and Laser discussion

The Kingkiller Chronicles > HOLY CRAP! Patrick Rothfuss is going to do NaNoWriMo!!!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian Murray | 2 comments Or as I like to call it "National Doors of Stone Just Got Delayed by Another Month" NaDoStoJuGoDAnoMo

message 2: by Jlawrence, S&L Moderator (last edited Nov 10, 2011 08:50AM) (new)

Jlawrence | 960 comments Mod
That is awesome. I didn't believe it at first either, but Rothfuss has a (hilarious) blog post confirming his participation.

Brian, he's titled his NaNoWriMo book "The Kingkiller Chronicles: Book III ", so hopefully some Kingkiller work will get done. ;)

message 3: by Skip (new)

Skip | 517 comments I notice that in three days he's only got 1250 pages.

Of course I have zero, but November is not a good time for me to write. That, and the way I write, I'd have to write 150,000 words to get 50,000 in usable form.

message 4: by Mike (new)

Mike (mikespencer) | 60 comments If Pat's novel is as hilarious as his author bio, well, that would be pretty amazing.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participa...

message 5: by David (new)

David Pearson (davidmcdavidson) Page not found :(

message 6: by Skip (new)

Skip | 517 comments
Author bio:
Patrick Rothfuss sprung fully formed from Marge Rothfuss, his mother, in Madison Wisconsin. In a mere three months, Pat grew to the height of a man while teaching himself to read and write using only a shovel and a dead cat.

When the voices told him to, Pat left home to attend college in at University Wisconsin Stevens Point where he joined Slytherin house and had many wonderful adventures. After graduating, Pat evolved into a being of pure light and energy. Then he went to grad school and evolved even further into being composed entirely of bile, rage, binder twine, and sweet, sweet, methadone. After grad school Pat joined forces with five plucky Japanese schoolgirls to form a giant robot that fights crime.
Anime Pat

Through all of this Pat has read fantasy, watched fantasy, and written fantasy. Some academics have suggested that Pat eats, sleeps, and breathes fantasy, but this is simply untrue. The truth is that Pat eats burritos, sleeps like a drooly baby, and breathes a white-hot plasma composed of molten gold and rage.

He's up to 32,243 words so far. I hope to see a book this summer.