European Royalty discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Other Discussions > Elizabeth the Queen by Sally Bedell Smith Giveaway

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara W (last edited Nov 07, 2011 11:03AM) (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Hi everyone, I have exciting news again!

Random House, which is publishing the upcoming Sally Bedell Smith book Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch (on sale in January), has offered THIRTY advanced copies specifically to members of European Royalty (who have a US shipping address)!

If you are interested in winning a copy, I am going to set up a poll and will provide a link here once I make it. This will make it easier to keep track of and contact people. The poll will be open through the end of Sunday, November 13th. Please keep in mind that you need to have a US shipping address. Please don't give your address here though! Random House will be shipping the advanced copies so you will give that information directly to Random House.

If more than 30 people click on the poll, I will draw names out of a hat to see who will win a copy. If you won a copy of Catherine the Great through this group's last giveaway, please do not click on the poll - we want to give some other people a shot at winning a book, so I will exclude your name from the drawing. (For full disclosure, Mandy and I will be receiving copies as a perk for being your moderators, but I am not sure yet if they will count as part of the 30.)

If less than 30 people click on the poll by the time it ends, I will update this thread with how many copies are left, and the rest will be distributed on a first-come first-served basis (including to any of the people who won a copy of Catherine the Great).

I will let the winners know how to claim their copy after the poll closes. I will do this by message through goodreads, so please make sure you are able to receive messages here (at least around November 13-14 when I start contacting people).

Good Luck!

message 2: by Sara W (last edited Nov 07, 2011 11:06AM) (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Here is a link to the poll (it has two "answers" because I didn't have a choice of just one - you can click on either one): http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/56...

message 3: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments Wow! Another awesome giveaway! I feel so lucky!
I've been wanting to read about some more modern royals, I haven't read anything about anyone after Victoria... QE2 will be a fun one for me to start with! She seems amazing, I'm excited to learn more about her.
Thanks, Sara!

message 4: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments **UPDATE**

Congrats to all of you who clicked on the poll! I'll contact all of you at some point today and let you know how to claim your book.

There are still 21 copies of Elizabeth the Queen left! The rest will be given out on a first-come first-served basis - just say in this thread that you want one and confirm that you have a US shipping address (but don't give you address here - zip code is fine if you want to do that). I'll contact the first 21 people and tell them how to claim their book.

If you previously won a copy of Catherine the Great through this group, you can now feel free to put your name down here for this book (the poll for Elizabeth the Queen was up for a week for people who hadn't won previously).

message 5: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina | 54 comments I would love a copy . . . .please. I have a US shipping address.
Sabrina

message 6: by KOMET (new)

KOMET | 71 comments I want a copy, too, please. I have a US shipping address.

KOMET

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 99 comments I would love a copy. US address.

message 8: by Lnichols (new)

Lnichols | 1 comments i would love a copy. I do have a us address.

message 9: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments I have just sent a message to everyone who clicked on the poll. I had to send a couple of you friend requests in order to contact you (couldn't find another way to send a message) - you won't hurt my feelings if you turn down the request, but let me know if the message didn't go through for some reason!

For those of you requesting a copy of the book in this thread, I will get a message out to you shortly (and on a rolling basis for those who request a copy after I post this).

I'll try to close this thread asap when the last copy is spoken for so it's clear when there are no copies left.

message 10: by Liz (new)

Liz (leezards) | 2 comments I would love a copy of the book. I have a US address.

message 11: by Sara W (last edited Nov 15, 2011 05:41AM) (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments There are still 16 copies of Elizabeth the Queen left as of the timing of this post!

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan (boswellbaxter) | 96 comments I'd love a copy. I'm in the US.

message 13: by Sera (new)

Sera I'd love a copy, too. I'm in the US.

message 14: by Gayle (new)

Gayle (gretarahikkainen) | 9 comments I would love a copy! I live in Minnesota.

message 15: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethnotes) | 1 comments I would love a copy. I'm in California.

message 16: by Brett (new)

Brett Markham | 11 comments I would love a copy! Im in Alabama.

message 17: by Teri (last edited Nov 16, 2011 05:29AM) (new)

Teri | 4 comments Sara W wrote: "**UPDATE**

Congrats to all of you who clicked on the poll! I'll contact all of you at some point today and let you know how to claim your book.

There are still 21 copies of Elizabeth the Queen l..."

I would love a copy, I'm in Illinois. I can't believe I missed this.

message 18: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments There are still 10 copies of Elizabeth the Queen left as of the timing of this post!

I contacted everyone listed above this post, but I've been having a little bit of problems with the Goodreads website this morning, so please let me know if you didn't receive a message from me!

message 19: by Donna (new)

Donna | 11 comments Sara W wrote: "There are still 10 copies of Elizabeth the Queen left as of the timing of this post!

I contacted everyone listed above this post, but I've been having a little bit of problems with the Goodread..."

Sara W wrote: "**UPDATE**

There are still 21 copies of Elizabeth the Queen l..."

I would love a copy. I have a US address.

message 20: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Collins (jamie_goodreads) | 10 comments I'd love a copy, too. I have a US address.

message 21: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (lovetolearn) Are there still any left? Yes, yes, please send one to my US address!

message 22: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriejean) | 1 comments I'd love a copy. I have a US address.

message 23: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Tanya wrote: "Are there still any left? Yes, yes, please send one to my US address!"

Yes, there are copies left, and I've marked you down as getting one. Can you please send me a message here at Goodreads so I can give you the contact info (click on my name here, and then click on it again at the next page, and it should bring you to my profile and you can send a message). You're privacy settings are so high that I can't figure out how to send you a message! :)

message 24: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Cheriejean wrote: "I'd love a copy. I have a US address."

Cheriejean, same thing as to Tanya (message right above this - #23). I'm marking you down as getting one but I'm unable to contact you!

message 25: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments There are still 6 copies of Elizabeth the Queen left as of the timing of this post!

message 26: by Marci (new)

Marci (bookjunkie71) | 17 comments I'd love to check it out are there any left? Is poll still open? I clicked but don't know if it worked

message 27: by Marci (new)

Marci (bookjunkie71) | 17 comments And I have a us address!!!!

message 28: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Marci wrote: "I'd love to check it out are there any left? Is poll still open? I clicked but don't know if it worked"

Leaving a message here is good (the poll was only open for a week and is now closed - the rest are being distributed first-come first-served here in this thread).

message 29: by Poppy (new)

Poppy Square (poppysquare) | 1 comments Hello! If there are any copies left, I would truly love one. I have a US address.

message 30: by Sara W (last edited Nov 18, 2011 07:00AM) (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments There are still 4 copies of Elizabeth the Queen left as of the timing of this post!

I will try to close this thread as soon as the four copies are spoken for, but I'm visiting family this weekend, so my computer access will be limited. The only place I'm giving out these remaining copies is in this thread, so if there are not four requests for a copy under this post (message #30), then chances are good there are copies left.

message 31: by Tamelyn (new)

Tamelyn Feinstein | 1 comments I would like a copy, please! I have a U.S. address.

message 32: by Courtny (new)

Courtny | 4 comments If there are any copies left I would love one. I have a U.S. address. Thank you. Courtny in AL

message 33: by Krista (new)

Krista (kacey14) | 8 comments I'd love a copy. I have a US mailing address.

Thanks! -Krista

message 34: by Sam (new)

Sam | 1 comments I would love a copy of this book!! I have a US mailing address in Arizona. Thanks!

message 35: by Sara W (last edited Nov 20, 2011 05:44PM) (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments That should be the rest of the books! I'll contact the few remaining people now. Congrats to everyone who got one!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.