Les Misérables Les Misérables question

kids' version of Les Miserables?
Victoria Law Victoria Nov 07, 2011 10:25AM
My 10-year-old daughter is interested in Les Miserables. While she has a pretty high reading comprehension level, I think that the actual book is still above her head. Does anyone know if there is a version written for younger readers available in English?

I know of the french version, published by Larousse, but I do not know of any simple English versions.

I read Les Mis unabridged at about that age, and if she has a high reading skills level, you should show her the unabridged Signet Classics edition, and if she thinks it is to hard, show her another edition. If she read the 1463 page book, I bet she would be very confident about her reading skills, which she probably already is, and feel like she could read any book, which is good.

Anna (last edited Jan 22, 2012 11:33AM ) Nov 28, 2011 01:36PM   0 votes
Hey Victoria, that's great your daughter wants to read Les Miz and I found a book that might help Les Miserables (A Stepping Stone Book. Look this up in Amazon and it's for ages eight and up and it's sorta like a chapter book.

Victoria Law Thanks! I ordered it for her (since our public library system doesn't have it). It's a little below her reading level, but I think that, at this point ...more
Nov 30, 2011 09:19AM · flag
Anna Your welcome. I hope she really loves the book!! It sounds absolutely fantastic. I know right, but I personally think that it will increase her intere ...more
Mar 06, 2013 10:12AM · flag