Fans of Angelfall discussion

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
This topic is about Angelfall
Angelfall lands major film agent!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Caro ♡ Hot Mess Sommelière | 28 comments Yes, I did! It's so amazing that Angelfall might be optioned for a movie. I would be so excited to go there together with my friends...

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Cool. Now it's a matter of pitching it to the right people and getting it produced.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead (readingfanatic1) | 56 comments Mod
Caro wrote: "Yes, I did! It's so amazing that Angelfall might be optioned for a movie. I would be so excited to go there together with my friends..."

I've really become such a fangirl. I'm super excited about this possibility. Even though book to movie sometimes goes very bad, just the possibility sounds good.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead (readingfanatic1) | 56 comments Mod
Anna wrote: "Cool. Now it's a matter of pitching it to the right people and getting it produced."

Exactly!

Caro ♡ Hot Mess Sommelière | 28 comments Even if the movie's director gets it all wrong, there would still be Raffe and Penryn. And Mum.
And with Mum, there would be AWESOME (sorry for fangirling).

message 7: by Susan (last edited Nov 07, 2011 04:30PM) (new) - added it

Susan Ee | 23 comments Funny you should mention this today. I just heard from the agent who said she was preparing to pitch Angelfall to major producers.

Don't get too excited, though. From what I understand, the whole movie process can be l-o-n-g and most options don't get made into movies.

Having said that…

…I'm totally excited too!!! :)

Susan wrote: "Funny you should mention this today. I just heard from the agent who said she was preparing to pitch Angelfall to major producers.

Don't get too excited, though. From what I understand, the whole..."

Grrrr... (that is me growling by the way)... all these "other" books being made into movies and your book is way better. Hopefully, there is a producer out there with a brain!!!

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) It depends. If they see $$$ it will has a higher chance of going to film. Or maybe an independent foreign producer will run with it, find success, and then we'll get an American version. LOL

Let's see...who could direct? James Cameron, Michael Bay, Ang Lee, Ridley Scott (although I hear he's hard to work with), Alfonso Cuarón, Kathryn Bigelow...

I use to be a movie buff. he he

message 10: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Time to play - let's cast Raffe, Penryn, Mom, and Paige...

Any suggestions?

Oh and the Politician - Hmmm....

Caity | 27 comments Anna wrote: "It depends. If they see $$$ it will has a higher chance of going to film. Or maybe an independent foreign producer will run with it, find success, and then we'll get an American version. LOL

Le..."

If James Cameron directs it, i will cry. And not in a good way.
My vote's with Michael Bay on this one..

message 12: by Anna (Bobs Her Hair) (last edited Nov 11, 2011 08:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) AH wrote: Time to play - let's cast Raffe, Penryn, Mom, and Paige...

Any suggestions?

Oh and the Politician - Hmmm....

I know Susan Ee mentioned it somewhere who she would cast for Raffe and Penryn but I don't remember where. Anyway, I do remember one choice she had for Penryn. It was the girl from 500 Days of Summer. Whatshername. *off to research*

Aha! Found it.
From AH's interview with Susan Ee at Badass Book Reviews
AH: If you could cast your novel for a movie, which actors would portray your main characters?

Susan: Since Jennifer Lawrence is taken as Katniss, and since movie production takes awhile to get going, Chloe Moretz or Hailee Steinfeld could be a great choices. They’re 14 now so they could grow into the role of Penryn by the time the movie is shot.

As for Raffe—that’s a tough one. Maybe Christian Bale? Or, if a younger actor is more appropriate, Alex Pettyfer?

I can see Chloe Moretz as Penryn. But I'd like to find someone who looks a little more mature.

message 13: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Actually, I had asked her that question on my interview with her. Here's the link - http://badassbookreviews.com/intervie...

In the meantime, I've been looking at some blogs and there were some nice pictures (read shirtless) of some very handsome men - Ryan Gosling, Alex Skarsgaard, Ryan Kwanten, Alex Pettyfer, the guy who plays Alcide....darn! can't find the blog with the photos.

message 15: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH He might be a little young, but by the time they film it...

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) He won't make Penryn lool like jailbait. lol

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1631269/ Chloe Moretz

Caro ♡ Hot Mess Sommelière | 28 comments But Chloe Moretz as Penryn? Really? I mean, she's small. And not just because she's young. Her face is really small, too. I think she's too cute for the role.

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) She looks like a kid that still growing into her face. When I first looked at her pics she looked too cute but there are pics that made me think she could pull off Penryn.

I'm avoiding looking at Disney actors. They're too flat and way too happy.

Caity | 27 comments Anna wrote: "http://alexpettyferweb.com/photos/ He'll work."

yes yes yes

Rachel the Book Harlot | 14 comments Hmmm, to me Raffe looks like a young Jason Mamoa:

http://imageshack.us/f/412/jasonmomoa...

So any actor who liked that would be great. :)

message 21: by Mel (last edited Mar 08, 2012 01:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel (lemonie) | 75 comments Director wise I think Sophia Coppola (Virgin Suicides/ Marie Antoinette) would be great or failing her maybe Christopher Nolan (dark dystopian a la Dark Knight) or Darren Aronofsky (black Swan).

For Penrynn - how about Felicity Jones(Chalet girl) - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0428065/

For Raffe Max Irons : http://www.imdb.com/media/rm355072281...

For the Politician: Johnny Depp or even Alex Pettyfer in that role looking at that still from his Gallery!

message 22: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Collier I hope they do make Angelfall into a movie. I'm excited already.

Amber J. (agent0017) | 8 comments I hope film studios don't shy away from it because it's controversial

message 24: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex (peetabreadforlife) | 12 comments Mel wrote: "Director wise I think Sophia Coppola (Virgin Suicides/ Marie Antoinette) would be great or failing her maybe Christopher Nolan (dark dystopian a la Dark Knight) or Darren Aronofsky (black Swan).

F..."

I love your choices, can so picture Fel and Max together sfbakljsbgfkwjf, super excited

message 25: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel (lemonie) | 75 comments Alexandra :D wrote: "Mel wrote: "Director wise I think Sophia Coppola (Virgin Suicides/ Marie Antoinette) would be great or failing her maybe Christopher Nolan (dark dystopian a la Dark Knight) or Darren Aronofsky (bla..."

Thanks Hun!

Inday (egregore) | 10 comments Anna wrote: "He won't make Penryn lool like jailbait. lol

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1631269/ Chloe Moretz"

oh my god!!!! I was also thinking about the same actress the whole time i was reading the book, she's just perfect!!! ^^

Shanice | 1 comments Im not ready for an Angelfall movie... at least not till Susan's finished with the series. Im terrified new fans and a director will ruin it, like the massacre that is True Blood. Now Im just waiting for Sookie to die, I USED TO LIKE SOOKIE! and its all ruined....

But I kinda wanna see Saoirse Ronan as Penryn she's kick ass in the movie Hanna http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1519680/

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Saoirse Ronan is an incredible actress, but um...she's going to be in the film adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's the Host. I'd hate to have people boycott Angelfall because 'that chick played a character from a Stephenie Meyer book'. I hear that a lot about Kristen Stewart and it seems less to do with her ability to act and more about Twilight backlash. (I hope this makes sense; I'm really sick and kind of jacked up on NyQuil haha)

Neyra ♦ (drkstaddictions) | 3 comments If this really happens (And I'm hoping it is) I hope they keep the grotesqueness of it. All the violence portrayed, it wouldn't be AngelFall if they took out anything from it :)

Sunnykimmy | 4 comments Neyra wrote: "If this really happens (And I'm hoping it is) I hope they keep the grotesqueness of it. All the violence portrayed, it wouldn't be AngelFall if they took out anything from it :)"

I agree, I missed the horror of it in The Hunger Games, I think it took away from the movie,but there they were kind of restricted by the PG-13. I'm glad this one doesn't have that problem so if they make a movie, I hope they keep some of the horror. I don't like slasher movies but a little bit of horror doesn't hurt.

Neyra ♦ (drkstaddictions) | 3 comments Yeah, they could make it Rated-R :) That way they could keep all the violence ^-^ Lol. I just think it paints a better picture, especially if they'll incorporate the scorpion angels, the children, low demons and all the cannibalism. To be honest, I've not read the Hunger Games so I can't comment on that cause I wouldn't know *.* lol.

Charlene (charlovesbooks) | 3 comments OMG! They better not mess it up!

Christi | 1 comments For my two cents... I think Armie Hammer for Raffe and Emma Watson or Haile Steinfeld for Penryn.

message 34: by no (new) - rated it 5 stars

no (peetabread) So behind... so incredibly behind on the news.
But..
OH MY DEAR GOD!!
I am incredibly excited for this, and happy for Susan!

Also, I agree. Emma Watson would make a good Penryn. Armie Hammer and Alex Pettyfer are excellent casts for Raffe as well (or at least, that's how I imagined Raffe to be)

message 35: by A (last edited May 28, 2012 05:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

A (durat33) | 1 comments I vote for Sarah Hyland as Penryn. She's gorgeous, and she's just how I pictured Penryn :) As for Raffe, I have no opinion, BUT he has got to be super hot. (And he needs to have some serious acting chops).

Paula | 3 comments To me, Angelfall read like a spectacular movie, so it's no surprise that it has interest for optioning. I really hope that it's made into a movie!

message 37: by Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy) (last edited Nov 15, 2012 08:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy) It's official - it's been picked up by a studio to be adapted for the screen!!!! Check out Susan's Blog!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5 comments Sam Raimi being on board is pretty awesome.

message 39: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH OK, who will they cast as Raffe??????

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) AH wrote: "OK, who will they cast as Raffe??????"

SE had mentioned Alex Pettyfer as someone she could see as Raffe.
Alex Pettyfer Pictures, Images and Photos

message 41: by Ails (last edited Nov 15, 2012 05:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ails (ailsmp) | 217 comments Alex Pettyfer is just how I imagined Raffe!!

This movie better not ruin the book!!

message 42: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel (lemonie) | 75 comments Can't say I am a fan of Alex Pettyer. While he may have the requisite hero looks I,m not convinced about his acting. Wouldn't it be great to get an unknown.....!

Inday (egregore) | 10 comments Mel wrote: "Director wise I think Sophia Coppola (Virgin Suicides/ Marie Antoinette) would be great or failing her maybe Christopher Nolan (dark dystopian a la Dark Knight) or Darren Aronofsky (black Swan).

F..."

I love your idea for Raffe :3

Katherine (katherines4) | 2 comments Three words.

Best.
Film.
Ever.

I can already tell :)

Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy) Whoever they get to play Pen and Raffe they HAVE to be able to act. But as far as looks go, how about Jeremey Sumpter (and it looks like he's done some gritty stuff too)

message 46: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat (kattatham) | 14 comments This could be the beat film ever but I they screw it up I sahll be so mad!!! Hmm I prefer that guy ^^ over Alex petiffer But I don't know who I would cast for raffe or penryn!

Dandelion | 39 comments i hope Henry Cavill will play Raffe ~

Megan (legomymego12) | 2 comments Dandelion wrote: "i hope Henry Cavill will play Raffe ~"

i think Henry Cavill would be perfect! and i really like the idea of Emma Watson playing Penryn.

as far as directors go, i wouldn't mind Sam Raimi, he has a great mind for horror, and he isn't afraid to let things get bloody. i also would love to see guillermo del toro direct, his creates the most frightening, and the most beautiful, monsters.

Dandelion | 39 comments i hope the plan of making Angelfall into movie is still on. the production of City of Ashes has been withheld due to the under performing City of Bones. i think the producers just don't get much about what fans really want when they are adapting best-selling books to big screen:

1) a perfect male character that women of all ages would die for, for instance, Akiva (Daughters of Smoke and Bone); Edward Cullen (Twilight); Peeta Mellark (Hunger Games) and of course Raffe (Angelfall). All has one thing in common - loyal and does not fool around even with his Adonis appearance.

2) it has to be a good story!!!! had tried to read Mortal Instrument and Beautiful Creatures but failed to finish. honestly, i gave up BC after the first two chapters. And seriously, after watching the Walking Dead, i don't have the stomach to read Warm Bodies. Anyone who had read the Host should know that there's no peak in the whole thing. Absolutely NOT a page-turner. Moreover, Ian and Jared were not the loveliest fictional characters.

3) as BT and Netflix are so easy and popular, if film companies really want fans to go to the cinema, please listen to fans' requests: get a Tier 1 production team and gorgeous actors/actresses who know how to act.

Carol Siddall | 1 comments I want whoever makes this a film to STICK TOO the story line from the book and not do stupid shortcuts that mess it up. This book is perfect as is!! I loved the Mortal Instruments series but they so chopped up the first movie. Please do right by my favorite Angelfall.

« previous 1