Oly Reads discussion

Book Group Meetings > UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Agathafrye (new)

Agathafrye | 751 comments Mod
News flash! Jackie and Raina have agreed to step into the facilitation roles for a while, with Sara Lachman pinch hitting as needed. They have full permission to switch things up as they see fit. I'm trying to step back from a few of the responsibilities in my life, and this is one of them. I'll still be there sharing books with you all! It's been an honor to facilitate this fabulous group for going on five years. xoxoxo-kelsey

Jackie "the Librarian" | 259 comments Mod
Kelsey, you've been the best facilitator ever. There's no way any one person could follow you, which is why Raina and Sara and I are teaming up to work on this.

Hi everyone!
Because this is such a busy time of year, we (and Marcy, who I ran into at Olympia Library last Saturday) thought it would be best to plan the next meeting several weeks out to give everyone time to plan around it.

So, the next meeting will be the second Saturday in December, December 10th. Time and place to come...

Suggestions welcome!

message 3: by Agathafrye (new)

Agathafrye | 751 comments Mod
You are so sweet, Jackie. Thanks for saying that. Happily and sadly, I have a birthday date with Cleo at the Punk Rock Flea Market in Seattle every year, and this year it's on December 10th. HOWEVER, I'm not facilitating, so you should totally meet without me! I'll catch up on the next one.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara (asimilarkite) | 19 comments Mod
I might not be able to come on the 10th, but I'll letcha know when I know for sure :)

message 5: by Corrine (new)

Corrine saint (qtsaint) | 16 comments I SO want to come again ( came once) and cant do the 10th. Please let us know if the date changes :)

message 6: by Rena (new)

Rena Searles (Gramzilla) | 6 comments I'll plan to attend and looking forward to meeting you all!

Awesome, Rena!
I know December is a hard month to coordinate schedules, there's soooo much going on. Such as, I am in the middle of buying a house right now, and will be moving the weeks before Christmas, aaaah!

So, if you can't make it to the December meeting, don't worry - we'll try to have another meeting quickly, in January, when I'm betting things will be less hectic.

message 8: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Dec 04, 2011 12:48PM) (new)

Okay, I know you've all been waiting to hear where the meeting will be held next Saturday.
We're meeting at that newish pizza place on 4th Ave:
Al Forno Ferruzza.

The calzones are really good, and so is the pizza. They have wine and beer, and this AMAZING coffee that comes in a special brewing apparatus!

We'll start gathering at 5:30, and probably start discussing books around 6:30.
Questions? Comments?

The meeting is TONIGHT!!! Hope to see you there!