Goodreads Los Angeles discussion

General Book Talk > Moderators?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kapope) | 21 comments Oh, it's made me sad indeed to see our discussions languish over the past few months. And I haven't helped, I know, quiet as I've been. We're busy people in LA -- Our commutes are long, for one thing, and there are the million piles of things to do and opportunities to be had in our city. It's a busy place, with lots happening. Plus, we have books to read.

I'm wondering if it would be good for the group to have official moderators? A moderator could help us keep the group alive, even while the world catches the rest of us in its woolly paws and shakes us around out there. The perks (I'm guessing) would be that the moderators would get to make the final call on decisions about books that we read for virtual book groups and such or who bakes the cookies if we ever meet in person.

What do you think? Do you think we should have a moderator or two, to help give direction to the group? Or is that too establishment for us?

Curiously,
Kathryn.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm new to the group but I like the idea. Always pays to have a leader organizing things.

Would love to read Steven Pinker's new book, "The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence has Declined" in a book group setting. Any takers?

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kapope) | 21 comments Andy, I'm wondering if you're interested in moderating and leading the group?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Sure. It's a very, very long book so it would require quite a bit of commitment. If people wanted to do something shorter, I'd be willing to moderate Denis Johnson's "Train Dreams."

How would I go about doing it?

message 5: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Beutin | 1 comments Here here for moderators. Just joined, but I think it can add something to the group. Someone to hunt down events, etc., and post here.