BRIAN JACQUES FANS discussion

Random > moles and chapter pics

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments 1. i loooove mole speech its sooo cool!
2. have u ever noticed that (in mossflower at least) the pictures kinda conecide with what the chapter r about?

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) 1. Totally. It's so fun to go around talking mole speech to your family.
2. Yes! Isn't that awesome? Love the artists.

message 3: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments i havent tried the family thing, its hard to under stand in the book. my favorit moole word is um thier wor for hedge hog i think its 'edge peg. lol

yah thogh some veiws of weasles are a little creepy.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Haha, its more fun when your Dad older brother and younger sister have read the books as well.

I think they should make a book with just the art from the books. It would be so much fun.

message 5: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments reely , i dont have an older brother, my dad lives out of state :(

oh yah! that wld be awsome like manga only different!

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments I wish they did not changed all the artist, every four or five books.

My favorite was and will always be Gray Chalk from Redwall until Martin the Warrior. His is so full of emotionals and life like.

message 7: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments who?

message 8: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments oh uh elizabith could you add a title to me that says : im only on mossflower.

message 9: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments that would be nice

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) What do you mean add a title Eris?

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments I also love how the moles speaks, which only Brian Jacques can do them properly.

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Kevin wrote: "I wish they did not changed all the artist, every four or five books.

My favorite was and will always be Gray Chalk from Redwall until Martin the Warrior. His is so full of emotionals and life ..."

I don't know, I kinda like all of them. Love David Elliot, Troy Howell and Allan Curless's covers. Don't like Chris Baker, Pete Lyon or Douglas Hall so much.
And I think Christopher Denise drawings are really cute.

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Eris wrote: "who?"

Gray Chalk is a cover artist for different Redwall books.

message 14: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments ok!
you can add titles if your a mod just go into members and then itt will come up with a list of the people in this group and then you click add title, its a little gray thing on your name when you post it gives a little flair.
but i changed my mind ill just not read spoilers or enything like that. thanks anyway!

message 15: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments 'edge peg
heehee

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Eris wrote: "ok!
you can add titles if your a mod just go into members and then itt will come up with a list of the people in this group and then you click add title, its a little gray thing on your name when ..."

You can only do it to mods though. It won't let you do it to regular members.

message 17: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments ooooo ok ill wait till ima mod.

message 18: by Elizabeth (last edited Nov 09, 2011 02:45PM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Kevin wrote: "I also love how the moles speaks, which only Brian Jacques can do them properly."

Yeah, that's why I love listening to the audiobooks so much.

message 19: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Eris wrote: "who?"

Gray Chalk is a cover artist for different Redwall books."

He never did any cover art. they were all done by Troy Howell, but the early Avon paperbacks of the first four books. What he did was the art for the chapter headings for the first six books in the series.

message 20: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments ok

message 21: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Kevin wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Eris wrote: "who?"

Gray Chalk is a cover artist for different Redwall books."

He never did any cover art. they were all done by Troy Howell, but the early Avon paperbacks o..."

Ah yes, sorry about that. Was thinking of someone else.

message 22: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments oh?
ok so who did the cover of mossflower i forgot.
im still reding it

****SPOILER***
mask+dead=sad
mask was cool i felt that the author was using him thogh! does he come back in later books about ealier?
*****SPOILER OVER*****

mole speak:
yurr oi loves little(loittle?) edge' pegs!
lol!!

message 23: by Kevin (last edited Nov 09, 2011 06:09PM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments Speaking of Mossflower, I just saw a clip about what books the author Christopher Paolini likes, and he stated that Mossflower was a great influence of his back in when he was in his early teens. He has read it many a times. Also he said that the way Brian described the foods, he could almost smell and taste it.

message 24: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments cool!

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) I just finished reading Mossflower for what, the 10th time? I only own Redwall, Mossflower, The Long Patrol, Salamandastron, and Mariel of Redwall. : ( It is sad. I need to get some more of them. I've read them all tho!!

Yurr, Oi do be luvin them books, hurr, Oi be gurtly sadded that maister Jacques be gonned, naow thurr won't be no more books, hurr no.

message 26: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments *crkaes up* good one deborah!
ooo i am laughing so hard!

so i need to read matimo now

message 27: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Deborah~1 John 4:4~Greater Is HE! wrote: "I just finished reading Mossflower for what, the 10th time? I only own Redwall, Mossflower, The Long Patrol, Salamandastron, and Mariel of Redwall. : ( It is sad. I need to get some more of them. I..."

I've found lots of copies of the books at thrift stores. Have you looked for them there?

message 28: by Eris (new)

Eris  | 51 comments powles is a good place. i <3 powels it has brian froud art work books there i <3 brian froud. hehe

message 29: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) I really love the illustrations in the Redwall books :)