GoodGames discussion

Games: Reviews/Suggestions > LotR: War in the North...Bugs, bugs, bugs!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) This is a really fun Co-op or single play hack'n'slash, feels like a descendant of Champions of Norath and it's ilk. As a game and in play I love it.

HUGE draw back. If you are going to try to play it in split screen co-op mode just know that you have a huge potential to lose the character who isn't the host when you save and shut down.

We ended up getting a second PS3 just to play this game and it worked out a lot better. Having a full screen rather than split screen is much, MUCH better as well.

Anyway, great game. So far I find the ease of play much better than ES: Oblivion.

message 2: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) This is the buggiest game I've ever played!

We started over from the beginning playing mulit-player from both PS3s. But, when we got to Mirkwood level it glitched out and wouldn't open Mirkwood on the map. Again we went online and found that a lot of folks had the same glitch in the same spot!!

It's an awesome game from the playing perspective, but it's hardly worth the glitch issues. If I had it to do over, I wouldn't bother.

I did play it through in single-player mode on easy and beat it in a day and a half. Then it lets you keep your character, but ups the difficulty and you just play it through again. I didn't have any glitches that first time through, or so far this second time. It seems the glitches might be triggered by the multi-player mode.

message 3: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Seems to work bug free in single player mode. I've played it through once and nearly through a second time before I jammed myself up on the dwarf mountain!

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Burns (TheFailedPhilosopher) | 105 comments Mod
I stopped around there on a second playthrough too but it was in order to play three new games. Was really enjoying it too. Should really get back to that.