The Peach Keeper The Peach Keeper discussion

The Peach keeper x Garden Spells

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isabella (last edited Nov 08, 2011 06:25PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Isabella Queirouz Both written by Sarah Addison Allen, which did you like better? did anyone noticed some similarity between the 2 books?

Summer All of her books are quite similar. I can't remember exactly which one I liked better - I think it was Garden Spells. I really didn't like The Sugar Queen much though.

Anty Notosapoetro I think Garden Spells is the best and The Peach Keeper is my least favourite. My second fav has to be The Girl Who Chased The Moon.

Heather I think there are similarities between all of her books not just these two, however I do feel that the characters are unique in each story. It's hard to pick one or the other as a favorite but I would lean more towards the Peachkeeper becuase it had a bit of a darker edge to it as compared to Garden Spells. I wasn't sure until the very end where the story was going.

Bridget Garden Spells without a doubt, this book kept me captivated from page one until the end. I liked how the waverly's came in during some parts of the peach keeper. I want a sequel to Garden Spells! Oh I also need a sequel to The girl who chased the moon. I wanted to know what happpened when her daughter walked into the BBQ place.

message 6: by Ever (last edited Dec 02, 2011 07:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ever Garden Spells is really her best but each book has it's unique beauty. In each novel the pain and alienation that each character endures is so realistic that it feels plausible when she slips the magic in. I like her use of magic, the unexplainable, in her novels. It creates a sense of hope for each character and I found myself drawn into the novels by her blending the believable with the unbelievable. I loved all four. I cannot wait until her next.

Normandy I have read Garden Spells and The Sugar Queen. I loved both of them but T.S.Q. was my favorite of the two. I own the other two books. I haven't read them yet.

Jessica There is just enough magic in her books to keep them real..i dont think i could pic a fave they all were wonderful. When her next comes out i will read it eithout pause!

Kerri I read "The Peach Keeper" first then "Garden Spells". So, I like PK better than GS. Although they are both delightful PK pulls ahead by a smidge. I think because the magic happened to Willa & Paxton more than they performed the magic, if that makes sense at all.

Genny Garden Spells and The Girl Who Chased the Moon are my two favorites (have read both twice), but I have thoroughly enjoyed all four of her books. Looking forward to the next one! Anybody know when that might be coming out?

Coffee&Books Garden Spells is probably my favorite, though I really enjoyed the Peach Keeper. I liked The Sugar Queen, but didn't like how 'pat' things seemed to end up. The ending was.... too happy, if that makes any sense.

message 12: by Rose (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rose I enjoyed all her books, but Garden Spells is my favorite!

Deborah Garden Spells is definitely my favorite and has kept me coming back for each of her novels. I'm afraid when the first one touches you so much and is so entertaining and magical, it's hard to match.

Dianne Garden Spells was definitely my favorite-- and the one I have given to other readers. I liked The Girl who Chased the Moon as a second choice. Sugar Queen and The Peach Keeper were good tales but not as intriguing. Did you read one of her books?

Susana I've read the four books, and found them all to be unforgetable. My favourite, would have to be chosen between "Garden Spells" and "The Peach Keeper". This last one really surprised me, and i really liked how the story was developed. It had an edge that the others didn't. Then comes " The girl who chased the moon". Really liked the story, and would't mind reading a sequel.
"Sugar Queen" by default keeps the fourth place. Not that i didn't like it, just liked the others more.

message 16: by Rachel (last edited Sep 12, 2012 09:54PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rachel i've read all 4 and this author has become one of my favorites- the peach keeper was my least favorite of the 4 but i would recommend them all.

looking forward to her next book -it's mentioned on her website that it might be released in 2013

Elizabeth I like Garden Spells better than The Peach Keeper, but The Sugar Queen is my favorite!!!!

message 18: by Elizabeth (last edited Oct 01, 2012 11:50PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elizabeth Curvy wrote: "Garden Spells is probably my favorite, though I really enjoyed the Peach Keeper. I liked The Sugar Queen, but didn't like how 'pat' things seemed to end up. The ending was.... too happy, if that ma..."

I can kinda see what you mean, but I think the character has had such a tense and stifling existence that getting the love/freedom in such a big way even if its a bit "happily ever after" is fitting.

Dianne Elizabeth wrote: "Curvy wrote: "Garden Spells is probably my favorite, though I really enjoyed the Peach Keeper. I liked The Sugar Queen, but didn't like how 'pat' things seemed to end up. The ending was.... too hap..."

I agree. After all the title is "Sugar" Queen. Seemed fitting. :)

message 20: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Cook I read Girl Who Chased the Moon first and enjoyed it so much that I went out and bought The Peach Keeper and Garden Spells. While I enjoyed The Peach Keeper I didn't like it as much as Girl Who Chased the Moon. Am currently reading Garden Spells and I think it is going to be my favorite.

Dianne Enjoy! I have a copy of both of those on my fav shelf. I was just considering rereading them and you have posted this. Thanks!

message 22: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Cook you are quite welcome, Dianne! Her books once I've read them are all on my keeper shelf also.

Kelli I'd have a terrible time picking a favorite SAA book! I am counting down the days to Lost Lake!

message 24: by Tina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina I like Garden Spells the best. The Peachkeeper was another favorite. I really didn't like The Girl Who Chased the Moon. But if we all liked the same thing, what a boring world!

message 25: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Cook oh, she has a new one coming out? I didn't know about Lost Lake! When is it due out?

message 26: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Cook oh, she has a new one coming out? I didn't know about Lost Lake! When is it due out?

Kelli It's been pushed back to late Fall/early Winter 2013, but I can't wait! (Luckily, Susanna Kearsley, my other favorite magical-realism author, has a new one coming out this month, so I'll be extra happy twice this year!) :D

message 28: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Cook thanks for the info, Kelli!

message 29: by Dianne (last edited Jan 20, 2013 05:08PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dianne Yes...thank you for the info! I'll also have to check out Kearsley's books!

Kelli You're welcome! :)

message 31: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Cook I have read a couple of Kearsley's books too. Right now I'm reading Splintered which is actually a teens book but it's a dark re-take on Alice In Wonderland.

Dianne thanks for the update! ENJOY!