Lush Library discussion

White is for Witching
This topic is about White is for Witching
Past Group Reads > White is for Witching - questions SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
I don't know about you but this book raised plenty of questions. Hopefully we can solve some together ;)

Sarah  (scheherazade) | 364 comments Mod
I know it seems pretty peripheral to the story, but I'm still wondering how Agim's stabbing and suicide fit in with the plot more widely.

message 3: by Jo (new) - added it

Jo | 592 comments Mod
So am I - I've been looking back through the book and realised when Tijana and her friends attack Miri, they say 'We saw you. You and Amir, you and Farouk, you and Agim, you and whoever. Then they end up getting stabbed.' so they think she was involved in all of their stabbings - is it related to the little girl Ore sees in the lift who appears to have been disemboweled? confused!

Jo wrote: "So am I - I've been looking back through the book and realised when Tijana and her friends attack Miri, they say 'We saw you. You and Amir, you and Farouk, you and Agim, you and whoever. Then they ..."

Ore says something similar about disembowling when she's trying to run away, too...something like "stomach, hold your inner twists." I'm still confused, though!

I wondered whether the little girl in the lift is anything to do with the little girl who Ore sees inside Miri when she takes her outer skin off. I know the girl in the lift was supposed to be Azwer and Ezma's daughter, but when I read that last bit it did make me wonder.

message 5: by Sam (VanillaFountain) (last edited Nov 08, 2011 09:35AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sam (VanillaFountain) | 577 comments Mod
Eliot said that Emma was smoking red tipped cigarettes the night they split up and she cut off her hair, but I think this was after the stabbings if the book is in order at that point. So then I thought she could've been messing round with the Kosovan boys and maybe Martin had stabbed them cos he had a bit of a thing for her it seemed. The timing doesn't tie in with that though :(

Where did Miri get the apple in her throat? and mud in her ears lol she never ate any of the apple pie that Eliot made.

The house tells people to kill themselves, though, doesn't it? I've just remembered the part where Sade tells Ore that the house keeps telling her to jump from her window. Perhaps this has something to do with Agim, although the precise connection evades me at the moment.

I keep thinking of the part where Agim actually sees Miranda, and looks relieved when he can say for certain that it wasn't her. Relief seems a bit strange to me...and makes me wonder what it was he did see for that to be the main emotion. It's almost like he was scared. I wonder if the mannequin had anything to do with it? When it gave Sade the apple, her heart stopped beating. All very strange!

I like your idea about Emma, Sam...I'll have to go away and think that through :)

Yes but the picture that he sees is one of a few years ago where Miranda still had long hair.

Also why does Ore feel Miri's hair right down her back sometimes? are we to think her body has been taken over?

She was supposed to have bob type hairstyle right? Cos when she was sent to the hospital her hands were tied up in her long hair. I think lol.

Sam wrote: "Yes but the picture that he sees is one of a few years ago where Miranda still had long hair.

Also why does Ore feel Miri's hair right down her back sometimes? are we to think her body has been ta..."

I think that has something to do with the girl Ore finds inside Miri (i.e. the one from the picture, I think?) She still has long hair.

message 10: by Ness (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ness (Violet74) | 209 comments Mod
The red tipped cigarettes thing is really puzzling me ... was it Emma that had got involved with the Kosovan boys or had Miranda shapeshifted (kind of) into Emma? Emma was acting so strange that night that she cut her ponytail off ... was something else inhabiting her? Is there any link between Miranda's hair chopping and Emma's? All questions I'm pondering.