Amazon Kindle & Fire discussion

General > 10 inch Fire in the future?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lora (new)

Lora | 31 comments Has there been any rumors of the Fire coming out in a 10 inch? I love my Kindle 3 size for just reading but I would love the Kindle Fire which I plan on getting to be a little bigger since it's not just an ereader. I would be using it as a tablet for internet and movies etc. and I think it would be better in a 10 inch. Just wondering..

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Nov 07, 2011 07:52AM) (new)

Jennifer | 293 comments Mod
From what I've read there are rumors of a bigger Kindle Fire just because the iPad is bigger, not because of anything Amazon has hinted at. I bet it could happen--eventually--like maybe next year for the holidays, but I wouldn't be able to wait that long. By then I would've already had the device for a long time, gotten to use it for everything all year, and pretty much already gotten my money's worth out of it before another one came along.

message 3: by Lora (new)

Lora | 31 comments yea, I know. My sentiments exactly. I need to be more patient and see if the 7 inch would do the trick for me. i don't know.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Lora wrote: "yea, I know. My sentiments exactly. I need to be more patient and see if the 7 inch would do the trick for me. i don't know."

Yeah, there would be a difference. With a 10-inch screen, you could conceivably play something from a ways away and show it to a group of people. A 7-inch would be better for watching solo or with a special someone who could get close.

message 5: by Lora (new)

Lora | 31 comments Well for overall internet browsing I'd prefer the 10 inch. Like for checking email etc. I wonder why they didn't make the 10 inch first since most tablets are that size?

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

I wonder if it had to do with keeping the cost low or keeping it similar to the other Kindle models. Maybe to differentiate from the iPad too. Make it more portable.

message 7: by Clare K. R. (new)

Clare K. R. (clare-dragonfly) According to this article, Amazon was considering a 10.1-inch tablet, but is now considering an 8.9-inch one instead. http://tablets-planet.com/2011/11/04/...

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Clare-Dragonfly wrote: "According to this article, Amazon was considering a 10.1-inch tablet, but is now considering an 8.9-inch one instead. http://tablets-planet.com/2011/11/04/..."

Nice link, thanks for sharing. Funny how that article bemoans the possibility that Amazon charge any more than $300 for anything. Compared to Apple, we must be spoiled!

message 9: by Lora (new)

Lora | 31 comments Jennifer wrote: "Clare-Dragonfly wrote: "According to this article, Amazon was considering a 10.1-inch tablet, but is now considering an 8.9-inch one instead. http://tablets-planet.com/2011/11/04/...-..."
wow, so there is talk of a bigger one. Almost 2 inches bigger. That would be nice. Well maybe I'll see if I can contain myself and see what Amazon does with this idea. I bet they're already working on the concept in the back room somewhere. I can't be the only one who has mentioned and maybe even emailed them with the desire for a little bigger one. :)

message 10: by Pat (new)

Pat (plwebb) | 5 comments If the next generation is larger I probably won't buy. I don't want something that takes too much effort to hold. The current Kindles, including the Fire are a nice size to hold for reading.
What I'm hoping for in the next gen is something lighter!

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Pat wrote: "If the next generation is larger I probably won't buy. I don't want something that takes too much effort to hold. The current Kindles, including the Fire are a nice size to hold for reading.
What ..."

I do wonder if they'll have a Kindle Fire 2.0. That might be nice if they could squeeze a camera/microphone/other goodies in it.

message 12: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 33 comments we are spoiled!

message 13: by Sue (new)

Sue (snuzy36) I was surprised at how heavy the Fire is ??? I agree with Pat about the size its a great size now for taking along with you in your purse. They would need the front and back camera w/ microphone for skyp use. over all Im pretty pleased :)

message 14: by Pat (new)

Pat (plwebb) | 5 comments It would be nice to have a camera for things like reading QR codes but my iPhone takes great pictures and that's what I use the most for photo taking. I'm just worried that if they put too much stuff on the next generation that it would raise the price. $200 was a perfect price and I'm not sure I'd want to pay much more.

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Yeah, I wouldn't want to pay a ton more, but you know for a bigger screen and all that it's going to be a bit more expensive anyway. I do wish you could use Skype on it as well.

message 16: by Lora (new)

Lora | 31 comments Jennifer wrote: "Pat wrote: "If the next generation is larger I probably won't buy. I don't want something that takes too much effort to hold. The current Kindles, including the Fire are a nice size to hold for re..."

What would a microphone be used for on a tablet? Sorry if it's a dumb question. Karaoke? lol!

message 17: by Pat (new)

Pat (plwebb) | 5 comments I saw a note taking app that I noticed had a little mic in it for taking apps by voice.

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

It would be used for Soundhound, the greatest app ever! http://www.amazon.com/SoundHound-Inc/...

message 19: by William (new)

William | 8 comments Does Kindle beat the Google Nexus 7 Tablet or vice versa? Please give me your opinions.

message 20: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Bout (nancybout) | 27 comments So far it did I'm sure!
I'll look at the nexus 7....
I am happy for now iPad & fire And yup my iPhone.
The toys keep me busy!!! LoL

message 21: by William (new)

William | 8 comments Nancy, glad to see your reply.

As per my opinion, Nexus will beat the Kindle fire because it has such a nice features which kindle fire doesn't have.