Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

2011 Group Read Archive > December Group Read Suggestions: Stalkerific Dangerous Heroes

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Megan~ (last edited Nov 10, 2011 06:34AM) (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
Please post your nominations for our Group Read featuring a yummy Stalkerific hero!

What is Stalkerific? This description I found on Amazon sums it up perfectly:

The stalkerific hero is in love/fixated on the heroine to the point of an obsession. He is very possessive, and his focus on her might be scary in a real life setting, but is appealing in a romance novel.

Know any heroes like that?

Please have your nominations in by November 11 so I can get the poll up before Thanksgiving!

message 2: by Dina (new)

Dina (twidi) | 50 comments sounds like an awesome topic :) I can't wait to see these entries :) although I think I can list the Dark series under this topic..

message 3: by ~Megan~ (new)

Pretty much ANYTHING by Feehan can go in this topic LOL!

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (sadstrumpetjenny) And Shannon McKenna!

message 5: by Dina (new)

Dina (twidi) | 50 comments ~Megan~ wrote: "Pretty much ANYTHING by Feehan can go in this topic LOL!"

amen! I heard a lot and can't wait to read all her work and @ jennifer I'll try her books as well :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9731 comments Mod
Spirit Bound comes out at the very end of December. I don't guess I can get away with nominating it. :)

message 7: by Dina (new)

Dina (twidi) | 50 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Spirit Bound comes out at the very end of December. I don't guess I can get away with nominating it. :)"
who is it by?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9731 comments Mod
Spirit Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #2) by Christine Feehan by Christine Feehan the Queen of Stalkerific Heroes. :)

message 9: by ~Megan~ (new)

Darn Lady D! Maybe I should've saved this category for January LOL!

message 10: by Dina (new)

Dina (twidi) | 50 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Spirit Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #2) by Christine Feehan by Christine Feehan the Queen of Stalkerific Heroes. :)"

hmmm.. Thanks bb sounds like a new addiction of mine :)

message 11: by Dina (new)

Dina (twidi) | 50 comments ~Megan~ wrote: "Darn Lady D! Maybe I should've saved this category for January LOL!"

it should be a monthly dose ؛‎)‎ I don't think I'd mind having a monthly fix of this goodness :)

I could read Stalkerific Heroes every month of the year!

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) That pretty much sounds like all of the IAD books by Kresley Cole.

message 14: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4132 comments Mod
I love reading about a stalkerific hero.

message 15: by Dina (new)

Dina (twidi) | 50 comments Hmmmm... Looking forward to all those Kresley Cole books :) I also heard a lot about them! I actually have all of them except a couple, and I can't seem to get the chance to start with them lol But from what I've heard.. I won't be regretting reading them at all!

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) DK wrote: "Hmmmm... Looking forward to all those Kresley Cole books :) I also heard a lot about them! I actually have all of them except a couple, and I can't seem to get the chance to start with them lol But..."

I've read the first 5. Some I like better than others.

message 17: by Ila (new)

Ila Would Lisa Marie Rice's heroes count?

message 18: by ~Megan~ (new)

MOST definitely, Ila! Some of them are scary stalkerific!

message 19: by Katya (last edited Nov 07, 2011 09:07PM) (new)

Katya | 327 comments Any of the Carpathians.....or Fifty from Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James

message 20: by Dina (new)

Dina (twidi) | 50 comments mmm definitely Fifty! :)

message 21: by Ila (new)

Ila oh my, can't believe i forgot Fifty!

message 22: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Fifty. Definitely Fifty!

message 23: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Witika | 21 comments Zsadist from JR Ward's 'Lover Awakened' is my idea of crazy stalker boy...totally broken but totally hot!

message 24: by ~Megan~ (new)

So, are you guys nominating Fifty Shades of Grey?

message 25: by ~Megan~ (new)

I will nominate:

The Treasure by Iris Johansen and Behind Closed Doors (McClouds & Friends, #1) by Shannon McKenna

message 26: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) I'll nominate:

Mind Game (GhostWalkers, #2) by Christine Feehan

message 27: by Ila (new)

Ila I'll nominate Dangerous Passion (Dangerous, #3) by Lisa Marie Rice and of course Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James

message 28: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Yes. I second Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James !! ♥♥♥

Ila, we have done Dangerous Passion as a group read. I think in August. You can always drop in on that thread and comment. I was all by my lonesome!

message 30: by Ila (new)

Ila Oops, should've checked, I just re-read that book so it's the first one that came to mind. And thanks Lady Danielle, I'll definitely check out the thread!

No worries, Ila. I will be glad to have someone to chat with about the book!

message 32: by Katya (new)

Katya | 327 comments ~Jennifer~ wrote: "Yes. I second Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James!! ♥♥♥"

kinda silly to do a group read if everyone has READ the book already lol

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) I still need to read it Katya - but I agree if most everyone else has read it it would be more fun for us all to read something new.

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ I have not read that one either Katya...on my TBR list.

message 35: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Nov 09, 2011 12:32PM) (new)

I haven't read it. But I'm not sure if I would be able to in December, so don't count me.

message 36: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Katya wrote: "~Jennifer~ wrote: "Yes. I second Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James!! ♥♥♥"

kinda silly to do a group read if everyone has READ the book already lol"

True. So we should have a Group Re-read!

message 37: by The BookChick (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) My stalkerific heroes would be Bones (of course) created by the brilliant mind of Jeaniene Frost, Raphael (most definitely) created by the über talented D.B. Reynolds, and Rhage (yum) created by the paranormal princess, J.R. Ward.

message 38: by Emily (new)

Emily | 24 comments I second Rhage

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Love Rhage. He & Rhevenge are my favorites!

message 40: by ~Megan~ (new)

I'm closing nominations tomorrow, so get them in soon!

message 41: by The BookChick (new)

The BookChick  (thebookchick305) Michelle wrote: "Love Rhage. He & Rhevenge are my favorites!"

Stand in line Em and Chelle...Rhage is mine first. I figure I'll have to have one hero for every day of the week. That makes 4 more to go to fill my social calendar :).

message 42: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Schneider (triciaschneider) | 7 comments I haven't read any of these books! I did read some of Christine Feehan's short stories and really enjoyed them. I'll be interested to see which one wins for the group read and I'll try to participate. These all sound fantastic!

message 43: by ~Megan~ (new)

Nominations are closed and the poll is up here:

December Group Read Poll

Vote not for your favorite, but for the one you'd like to have as our group read for December! Poll closes on 11/18!

message 44: by Deandri (new)

Deandri Meiring (daandie) | 3 comments i second Mind Game (GhostWalkers, #2) by Christine Feehan