What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Help! I'm a Prisoner in the Library!
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Children/YA book: Two girls who are travelling in the car through snow [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jules (last edited Nov 07, 2011 05:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jules | 13 comments So yeah, there are two girls (one is a mother or older sister) and they are travelling in a snow storm, the car breaks down or they decide they are lost (I forget which) and they pull over. For some reason, (I think they saw lights on) they decide they have to get out and head to nearby building (which turns out to be a Library) and then they get locked in because it closes for the night, and separated (I'm pretty sure) and scary things keep happening. The little girl gets stuck in a basement with a cat(s). When morning comes, it turns out everything was explainable, but it was a terrifying night for the young girl.

I read it mid 90s. I remember the name of the book ended in a "?" (well I'm 95% sure). The front cover had a picture (illustrated) centered with the girl(s) and the library setting, and around the drawing it was bordered with lavender (the colour). Thanks in advance for any help.

Erin | 192 comments Possibly Help! I'm a Prisoner in the Library! by Eth Clifford? I loved this book!

Jules | 13 comments That's it! THANK YOU!!!

Erin | 192 comments Ha! I love it when a book is found, especially one I know! I actually am getting this from the library for a nice trip down memory lane, now that your post reminded me of it!