Lush Library discussion

Goodreads Reading Challenge 2012 > Kirsty's goodreads challenge 2011

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
I set mine to 32 - I only joined halfway through the year and was hardly reading (new baby + toddler = brain shutdown@8 p.m.). It is a goal that I really want to achieve and I know that it's helping to get me to read more. Next year I'll set higher number because I'll have the goal in mind from the start and there will be about 25 books from this group + the group challenge is another 12.
I think it's tempting to cheat and read short books, kids or YA just to be able to complete it but I've stuck to books that I would have read with or without the challenge.
It's just changed to being 2 books behind - the lowest it's been is 1 behind and when I started it was about 7 behind

Sam (VanillaFountain) | 577 comments Mod
I think I set mine to 10? I only started in September so I think I may hit it by Christmas, I do read rather a lot of YA books so that will probably bump me up. I did essentially join so I could talk about books that I enjoyed or disliked. Although I am also hoping reading more challenging books will help kick start my writing skills so that I will use more imaginative words in general. I really want to make my posts more interesting hehe.

message 3: by Kerry Bridges (new)

Kerry Bridges | 121 comments I started on 100 and then realised that was ridiculous, so it's 50 now but I achieved it in about October I think, so maybe 75 next year. I only ever read books I want to read, so I just find it interesting to see how many I have managed!

message 4: by Kirsty (new)

Kerry wrote: "I started on 100 and then realised that was ridiculous, so it's 50 now but I achieved it in about October I think, so maybe 75 next year. I only ever read books I want to read, so I just find it in..."

Are you going to set up any challenges?

message 5: by Kerry Bridges (new)

Kerry Bridges | 121 comments Well, I am trying the challenge of not buying any books until I have read some of the ones I've got, but it's half hearted really, I can't help myself!

message 6: by Kirsty (new)

Kerry wrote: "Well, I am trying the challenge of not buying any books until I have read some of the ones I've got, but it's half hearted really, I can't help myself!"

That's what the 12 + 3 challenge is about!

message 7: by Kerry Bridges (new)

Kerry Bridges | 121 comments Yes I know, it's a dilemma.......