The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games question

Do you think the Hunger Games Movie will be able to stay true to the book?
Kiersten Kiersten Nov 07, 2011 12:56AM
Since Hollywood made the Twilight series into movies, do you think they could pull off making the Hunger games series into a movie? It has ten times more drama and passion then Twilight. Do you think that could be captured in a movie. The only book series that translated well into a movie series is the Harry Potter books.

it is my understanding that Ms Collins was heavily involved in the writing of the screenplay, so for that alone, I think it'll stick fairly close to the book

Based on the trailer, I think it will live up to the book and for me, I think that it will be even more better than the book. My opinion. :)

I think the movie will be great, but the book is always going to have more details, so things might be missing that people were looking forward to seeing.

I don't know how many of you have seen the trailer, but there is a glimpse of a red dress there, which is supposed to be her interview dress that looks like fire.... IT IS JUST A PLAIN RED DRESS!!! Like, get real!

It depends on budget and direction more so than just script. A good idea can be ruined by a little budget and bad direction so...

However, I don't think this book will be too hard to make into a movie. But I'm not a director so I am not sure with that last statement.

Sema Did you see the trailer? :)
Nov 23, 2011 01:47PM

I think the movie will be great, and I think the first movie will stick pretty close to the books! But, I do think they'll tweak the end of the last book to make it more Hollywood appropriate. A lot of people, myself included, didn't love how sad the last books is and how the characters seemed to all change and weaken in spirit - I'm thinking Hollywood will go for a sappier/happier ending, maybe too much so! But, we'll see.

Erika I also hope they won't change it, it's sad and disturbing but that's how the books are, they should show it in the movie, of not, then it's gonna be a ...more
Nov 23, 2011 08:21AM

Erika (last edited Nov 23, 2011 08:43AM ) Nov 23, 2011 08:40AM   0 votes
What i don't think they could ever get on the screen is how Katniss looked at the end of the trilogy, when she was all burned up and didn't have hair in sections of her head... they'll always put her pretty but just dirty and with blood and that's it, not so extreme

Well, since Collins is writing the screenplay herself, it should stay true. In theory.

they are/have made it into a movie already. it'll be in the theaters in March...

gary ross said he would as much as he can. so far i believe him. he picked the perfect location for district 12, in the mountains of none other than north carolina. my home. and i like the actors/actresses.

I heard that their going to focus a lot on the "love triangle". even though that's not really until book 2 and not even then really. I hope they don't turn Katniss into Bella Swan :(. It'll be so depressing. Katniss isn't about boys, she's about protecting and securing her family. She's a bad ass. I have my fingers crossed.

I hope Finnick (in 2) will be actually 24-25

I reallllllly had my doubts about the movie and even decided I would not watch it. I saw what they did with those great Percy Jackson books, the movie sucked all the way.. But then I got curious and watched the trailer of the Hunger Games and I must say, I'm pleasantly suprised. I saw A LOT of things from the book in the trailer and I think it will be a good movie and can't wait to watch it!

I agree one hundred percent with Tawnya.
I really hope the movie is accurate. No big changes or any important parts being left out.

From the trailer that I have seen they are making it more about Gale and Katniss, but the book is a Peeta and Katniss. So if it continues that way I will be dissappointed. I am excited to see this one more than I was the twilight saga. I hope it does stay close to the book.