Eating Disorder Recovery with Measurable Outcomes discussion

Quotes & Affirmations

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessa (last edited Nov 07, 2011 03:56PM) (new)

Jessa (Jessa1983) Please feel free to use this thread to share quotes or affirmations that you find inspiring!

message 2: by Jessa (new)

Jessa (Jessa1983) "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

message 3: by Jessa (new)

Jessa (Jessa1983) "There is no magic cure, no making it all go away forever. There are only small steps upward; an easier day, an unexpected laugh, a mirror that doesn't matter anymore." - Wintergirls, Laurie Halse Anderson

message 4: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 17 comments "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling... but in rising every time we fall."
-Emerson

message 5: by Jessa (new)

Jessa (Jessa1983) This is perhaps one of my all-time favorite quotes :D

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'." - Mary Anne Radmacher quotes

message 6: by Jessa (new)

Jessa (Jessa1983) "Remove those 'I want you to like me' stickers from your forehead and, instead, place them where they truly will do the most good --on your mirror!" - Susan Jeffers

message 7: by Grace (new)

Grace Craddock | 13 comments I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.
Jimi Hendrix

message 8: by Jessa (new)

Jessa (Jessa1983) "All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was. I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory. I was naive. I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer. It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with: that I am nobody but myself." - Ralph Ellison

message 9: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 17 comments "In the middle of difficulty lies Opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

message 10: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 17 comments "I will not weigh my self-esteem on a scale."
- Emme

message 11: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 17 comments "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

message 12: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 17 comments It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all. - Laura Ingalls Wilder

*** I always forget the little things!

message 13: by Jessa (new)

Jessa (Jessa1983) I saw this quote today about worrying and I love it.

"Some of your hurts you have cured,
And the sharpest you still have survived,
But what torments of grief you endured
From the evil which never arrived."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

message 14: by Grace (new)

Grace Craddock | 13 comments Together we'll make it through somehow- Superchick

message 15: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 17 comments Live imperfectly with great delight. - Anonymous

message 16: by Jessa (new)

Jessa (Jessa1983) These quotes are both from a book I read this week (Ultraviolet - R.J. Anderson) and I love them both so much (I even added them to the Goodreads DB hehe). They don't specifically apply to ED, but I think they apply very much so to the way many of us feel <3

"What would happen if you stopped fighting, and gave yourself permission to feel? Not just the good things, but everything?" — R.J. Anderson

"Every time you show your feelings, you apologize. Have you ever had an emotion in your life that you weren't ashamed of?" — R.J. Anderson

message 17: by Jessa (new)

Jessa (Jessa1983) "All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." ~Anatole France

message 18: by Jessa (new)

Jessa (Jessa1983) "The most dangerous sicknesses are those that make us believe we are well." - Delirium, Lauren Oliver

"Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen Hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is." - Mary Anne Radmacher

"I am angry that I starved my brain and that I sat shivering in my bed at night instead of dancing or reading poetry or eating ice cream or kissing a boy..." - Laurie Halse Anderson

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." - George Elliot

"Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don't." - Steve Maraboli

"There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a person being themselves. Imagine going through your day being unapologetically you." - Steve Maraboli

"Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend." - Elizabeth Gilbert

message 19: by Jessa (new)

Jessa (Jessa1983) A Prayer

Refuse to fall down.
If you cannot refuse to fall down,
refuse to stay down.
If you cannot refuse to stay down,
lift your heart toward heaven,
and like a hungry beggar,
ask that it be filled.
You may be pushed down.
You may be kept from rising.
But no one can keep you from lifting your heart