Dead Poets Society discussion

Side-Reads > Read Any Good Books Lately?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Just finished reading The Lightning Thief. which is a fantastic read for the third time.. I think.

Percy is hilariously sarcastic and I love Greek Mythology and the whole concept of it.

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

message 2: by Viv (new)

Viv (a_pocky_box) | 156 comments Mod
Over the month of October, I read
Possess by Gretchen McNeil by Gretchen McNeil. At some parts it was extremely creepy. It was a good book for Halloween.

message 3: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I've never read any paranormal books well... Twilight. You said once she was a witch right? Or maybe I just am thinking about something else.

message 4: by Viv (new)

not a witch. She is more of an exorcists.

message 5: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Huh. Was she born into it?

message 6: by Viv (new)

There are twists and turns that lead to her becoming an exorcist. She defiantly did not know of the exorcist world in her early life.

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Defiantly? When she was little I would think she would be more accepting.

message 8: by Viv (new)

Yeah, I agree that at a younger age she would be more accepting. The book shows how she slowly comes to accept her role so to say.

Oh sorry I meant definitely.

message 9: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Huh. Weird.

message 10: by Adriana (last edited Nov 26, 2011 05:27PM) (new)

Adriana Rules by Cynthia Lord
Loved this book and Jason.
Sweet book with a great moral.

message 11: by Adriana (new)

Adriana The Roar by Emma Clayton
This book was beyond amazing!!! Not like any dystopian I've ever read :D

message 12: by Lynne (new)

Lynne | 35 comments hi there Adriana! I've had such little reading time since Christmas :( However, I read Gears of Wonderland which is based on Alice in Wonderland, only many years later and supposed to be steampunkish. I enjoyed it but was a little disappointed. I think the idea was great, but would have liked for the Wonderland in the book to be fleshed out more.
I'm currently reading The Real Elizabeth, which was a Goodreads giveaway that I won. It's sooo cut and dried though and reads more like a college thesis about the woman than a story of her life. It still interesting though and I'm learning a lot about Queen Elizabeth.
I've also started Stardust for the monthly read here and can quickly say it's far more interesting than the Queen Elizabeth book LOL

message 13: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Hey Lynne (:
I've actually never read Alice in Wonderland. I know I know. Shame on me. Cool Steampunk twist.
That sucks...
Based on the movie I know it will be great. Still have to get it from the library.

message 14: by Lynne (new)

Lynne | 35 comments oh wow! you really *should* read Alice in Wonderland at some point.
you've now got me wondering if I still have my Alice (and through the looking glass) books from my childhood -waaay back in the 70's.
I can sort of 'see' them on my childhood bookshelves in my mind, but I'm not sure if I still have them after all these years and many moves later. hmmmm.
I haven't read the original Alice stories since then ... but I've read many re-tellings of it, as well as watched different tv/movies.

message 15: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I only have through the looking glass oddly. I tried to read Alice before but I don't know. It didn't work out. lol. Sounds like a relationship. I probably should give it a shot again...
You should definitely read it again then if you can find them (:

message 16: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Eggs by Jerry Spinelli
Wow. Jerry Spinelli you've done it again. I don't know why I deny some of your books. I absolutely loved this book!

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Sessions (amandasessions) | 1 comments I have just read an incredible political thriller ebook. I was browsing around at amazon.com and found this ebook called The Cain Sanction, I read the preview and a few chapters. It really was a page turner can’t put it down kind of book.
I didn’t know how it ends until the last sentence of the last page.. great read!!