Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

News & Information > 300 Members & Future Giveaway

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments OMG, I just saw that we have 288 members to our wonderful group. I would like to start a giveaway here when we do. I have a copy of The Mercy by Beverly Lewis, the final book of the Rose trilogy, that I would like to give to a member of this group.

How's that sound? I'll let you know more details once we hit 300 members.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Diane, I've been watching the numbers climb too! Looking forward to further details :)

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1460 comments Mod
That would be awesome! We'll have to keep talking our group up & inviting on those Facebook chat parties and to the Amish Literature Fans there.

message 4: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments I remember joining just over a year ago, and we had what, less than 50 members? I love how lively and active this group is! I love getting up in the morning because I get excited to check this group. I'm a nerd, but I'm ok with that. :)

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Camille, I'm totally the same! Whoever it's in the room with me is always like, "What are you typing so much for? Are you writing your novel?" and I'm like, "Um, nope, just checking in with my book group..." :)

message 6: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I love this group too lol. It is so nice to come to and visit and check up on everyone!

message 7: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Okay, we are at 290 as of now. 10 more to go!!!

message 8: by Lorie (new)

Wonder if some Amish writers would donate a book for the drawing? That would be so cool and maybe get some more people to join.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (misscalico) | 128 comments Wish I could rejoin! :) 300 members... I truly had no idea that so many people had an interest in Amish fiction!

message 10: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments I think, Sarah, as more writers of Amish fiction gain prominence people are realizing there is a type of Amish fiction for most everyone. I mean there's Vampire Amish fiction, YA Amish fiction, Children's Amish fiction, mystery Amish fiction, romantic Amish fiction, and so much more!

message 11: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Great idea Lorie!!!

Would any Amish authors like to join in on this giveaway at 300 members? If so, please PM me and I will share the details of the drawing with you.

message 12: by Marta (new)

Marta Perry (martaperry) | 61 comments Hi, Diane,
I'd be happy to give away a signed copy of Vanish in Plain Sight, the second book in the Amish suspense series. Just let me know when and where to send it.

I'm delighted to see the group growing so!

Marta Perry

message 13: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments How wonderful Marta! I just love your books!

message 14: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1460 comments Mod
You're awesome Martha!

message 15: by Lorie (last edited Nov 07, 2011 12:28PM) (new)

I messaged Marta and asked her if she would donate. Wonder if we could ask other authors if they want to?

Thanks for being so giving Marta!

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Lorie wrote: "I messaged Marta and asked her if she would donate. Wonder if we could ask other authors if they want to?

Thanks for being so giving Marta!"

Marta, thanks so much! It is exciting to see our group growing. I remember when one of your LIS novels was our first group reads back in 2010 :)

Diane, if you want to message any of our authors and ask them if they want to join in with our giveaway in some manner then go ahead! I'll let you orchestrate this event. I'm intrigued to see what you're planning to do! PM me if you have any more ideas to celebrate 300 members?

message 17: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 119 comments I am glad to be a member of this grp, there are lot of authors out there that write amish stories. I have read several recently, finished the Rose triolgy not long ago, good books....

message 18: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Okay, I have sent PMs to:

Barbara Cameron, Vannetta Chapman, Patricia Davids, Suzanne Woods Fischer, Kelly Long, Dale Cramer, Tricia Goyer, Kimberly Stuart and Amy Clipston.

All of them are members of our group. I will update you on the status of the prizes as I learn about them!

Now let's get more members!!!! It's so exicting! :)

message 19: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments OMG, this prize just keeps getting better. Vannetta Chapman has donated an autographed copy of A Simple Amish Christmas and Falling to Pieces: A Quilt Shop Murder!!!

message 20: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments Ohhhh how lovely of the authors! Thank you in advance!!!!

message 21: by Lorie (last edited Nov 07, 2011 05:58PM) (new)

Yes! That is so GREAT!

Diane, I've messaged Shelley Shepard Gray several times do you want me to ask her?

message 22: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Lorie wrote: "Yes! That is so GREAT!

Diane, I've messaged Shelley Shepard Gray several times do you want me to ask her?"

Go for it! I love her books too! I will PM you my personal email address so she can contact me directly!

message 23: by Diane U (last edited Nov 08, 2011 08:18AM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I contacted Cindy Woodsmall to tell her about our giveaway and our group read. I hope she stops by!

I also PMed Kathleen Fuller and Karen Harper! I think I've contacted enough authors to make this giveaway a memorable one!!!

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (misscalico) | 128 comments Wow! I am speechless.... what wonderful giveaways these could be!

message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand This is very exciting! I'm so proud of how far our group has come in just over a year. Don't know what I'd do without it!

message 26: by Adina (new)

Adina Senft | 26 comments Would any Amish authors like to join in on this giveaway at 300 members? If so, please PM me and I will share the details of the drawing with you."

Oh, how fun! I'd love to donate a copy of The Wounded Heart. I enjoy this group so much and now I can say "thank you" :)

message 27: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Thanks for joining in Adina!

message 28: by Laura (new)

Laura (lolly-pops) | 92 comments I could donate a copy of Patchwork Dreams the first book in my Amish of Seymour series if anyone is interested.....I know I'm not a "name" yet in Amish fiction.

message 29: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Laura, we would love to include your book in our giveaway. I will PM you with the details!

message 30: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments I think that would be wonderful Laura! And I don't think you're "not a 'name'" as I have two of your books on my shelf ready to be read. :) I've heard wonderful things about your series!

message 31: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments Up to 292 members, just FYI!

message 32: by Laura (new)

Laura (lolly-pops) | 92 comments :) Thanks, Camille.

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Adina and Laura, thanks so much for donating your books! New authors are just as important as those that have been around for a while :) One of the best things about this group is how often authors drop in to say a few words, we all appreciate it so much.

message 34: by Diane U (last edited Nov 08, 2011 03:34PM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments 6 more to go! Everyone please join in to spread the word so I can share the details of this giveaway. I can't keep it to myself much longer! :)

message 35: by Kate (new)

Kate (liahonagirl) Hullo! I was invited by Lorie to join, and since she's the one who got me hooked on Amish fiction in the first place, how could I say no?! :)

message 36: by Lorie (new)

so glad you came Kate!

message 37: by Lorie (new)

So now we only need 5 more!

message 38: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Davids | 9 comments Lorie wrote: "Wonder if some Amish writers would donate a book for the drawing? That would be so cool and maybe get some more people to join."

I'd be happy to donate a copy of The Christmas Quilt. Where and when should I send it?
Pat Davids

message 39: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I just heard from Tricia Goyer and she had kindly donated signed copies of Beside Still Waters: A Big Sky Novel and Along Wooded Paths: A Big Sky Novel!

message 40: by Diane U (last edited Nov 09, 2011 12:18PM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Patricia wrote: "Lorie wrote: "Wonder if some Amish writers would donate a book for the drawing? That would be so cool and maybe get some more people to join."

I'd be happy to donate a copy of The Christmas Qui..."

Patricia, I will send you a PM with the information!

message 41: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments 4 more to go!!! :)

message 42: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 119 comments wow only 4 more new members needed, lot of authors listed to give books, cannot wait to see who wins these great stories....

message 43: by Lorie (new)

just noticed we only need 3 more!

message 44: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand So exciting! And our authors are so generous :)

message 45: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Only 2 more members!

message 46: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Come on people, bribe a friend to join!!! 2 more to go! I'm ready to burst at the seams here! :D

message 47: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes Cordero (mercecordero) | 17 comments Diane U wrote: "Come on people, bribe a friend to join!!! 2 more to go! I'm ready to burst at the seams here! :D"

Too funny!

message 48: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments You crack me up Diane! :)

message 49: by Vannetta (new)

Vannetta Chapman (vannettachapman) | 102 comments Can I join twice? :)

message 50: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments ONE TO GO!!!!

« previous 1