Earth's Children discussion

The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children, #1)
This topic is about The Clan of the Cave Bear
favorite female protagonists?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kirby | 7 comments I stole this topic from someone in the hunger games discussion...I really like the topic, but it's mostly YA characters I've never heard of there...and I put it under a sookie stackhouse discussion and didn't get many results. so, as ayla is definitely one of my favorites, I thought I'd ask you guys...

Betsy Not sure quite what you're asking. Do you mean in any book, any genre?

Ayla, until the last book. Eve Dallas in the J.D. Robb series. Honor Harrington in the David Weber Honorverse series.

And Elizabeth Bennett.

Kirby | 7 comments oh, sorry for not being clearer...yeah, I just mean any and all of your favorite female leads.

I actually just recently listened to one of the eve dallas books for the first time, and I did really like her. and I agree w/ elizabeth bennet, but I've never heard of that other one.

Betsy Honor Harrington is science fiction/space opera. She's the captain of a ship in the space navy of her home empire. There's about 20-30 books in the series and they're all pretty long, so if you don't like war or science fiction, I wouldn't recommend them, but she's a fantastic female character. Saves the empire almost every book. And still lives up to her name.

I also really like Raederle in the Harpist in the Wind series, Talia and Kerowyn in the Heralds of Valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey, Menolly in the Harper Hall series by Anne McCaffrey, and Kaylin in the Chronicles of Elantra by Michelle Sagara West.

Kirby | 7 comments I've never heard of a space opera- would that be like akin to a soap opera?

yeah, I guess I forgot to put mine on here!

ayla
scarlett o'hara from gone with the wind
maggie o'dell from alex kava's books
katniss everdeen from the hunger games
lena adams and sara linton from karin slaughter's books
sookie stackhouse from southern vampire mysteries
marguerite blakeney from the scarlet pimpernil

isn't it amazing how one can spend one's entire life reading books but STILL have not heard of so very many? has anyone ever calculated that- how many different books exist?

Betsy I didn't like GwtW because I couldn't stand Scarlett O'Hara.

Kirby | 7 comments well, that's definitely understandable.

message 8: by Rachel, Hot Mod (last edited Nov 09, 2011 02:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel (rachelsessum) | 109 comments Mod
I think my favorite of all time is probably Elizabeth Bennett. But, I have a few others I really like:

Vin (Mistborn Trilogy)
Arya Stark (Song of Ice and Fire series)
Ayla (agreed until the last book)
Elena Michaels (Women of the Otherworld series)
Aibileen Clark (The Help)
Minnie Jackson (The Help)
Diane Fallon (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation series)
Rose Hathaway (Vampire Academy series)
Lisbeth Salander (Millennium series)

I love books with strong women who kick a lot of butt. Clearly. lol

Kirby | 7 comments well, dang, I don't know any of these, either! but I would like to read the vampire academy series (is that YA, or am I thinking of vampire diaries?) and the help.

message 10: by Rachel, Hot Mod (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vampire Academy is YA, but it is good YA. I really enjoyed it. And, the whole series is out now, so you won't have to wait for books like I did. lol

message 11: by Rachel, Hot Mod (last edited Nov 10, 2011 10:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh, and VA is different from Vampire Diaries. Vampire Academy Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead is written by Richelle Mead.