Common Things and More! discussion

Books/favorite Authors > Favorite book quote?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 185 (185 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Do you have favorite qoute's from a book you love? Put them here and let us comment.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments "It cost a lot more than your life. To kill an innocent person? It costs everything you are."-PEETA (Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins)

message 3: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith :D "Listen to me! Are you listening?" Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games by: Suzannae Collins)

message 4: by Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (last edited Nov 06, 2011 01:44PM) (new)

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments haha..this is one that I memorized. "I wrap my arms around his neck, feel his arms hesistate before they embrace me. Not as steady as they once were, but still warm and strong. A thousand moments surge through me. All of the times these arms were my only refuge from the world. Perhaps not fully appreaciated then, but so sweet in my memory and now gone forever."
from Mockingjay

message 5: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Wow! Okay well here is one: "I did this to protect you. Wht lie to me? Yes." I still am not over that line I must say.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Isn't it supposed to be from a book?? but yes, I'm sure you haven't gotten over it.

message 7: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yes, it is for a book! The one I worte. Yes again your right

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments ohhh.."I'm in love with Tucker Avery."-Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

message 9: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yup!

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin Not sure this is word for word but when Finnick pulls off his hospital gown and says," What, do you find this,"------," distracting."

I loved everything Peeta and Katniss said unless Katniss was talking about Gale :D :D

message 11: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Okay,thats funny!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

“Can you surf really well, then?"
I looked at Grover, who was trying hard not to laugh.
"Jeez, Nico," I said. "I've never really tried."
He went on asking questions. Did I fight a lot with Thalia, since she was a daughter of Zeus? (I didn't answer that one.) If Annabeth's mother was Athena, the goddess of wisdom, then why didn't Annabeth know better than to fall off a cliff? (I tried not to strangle Nico for asking that one.) Was Annabeth my girlfriend? (At this point, I was ready to stick the kid in a meat-flavored sack and throw him to the wolves.)”
― Rick Riordan

In a way, it's nice to know that there are Greek gods out there, because you have somebody to blame when things go wrong. For instance, when you're walking away from a bus that's just been attacked by monster hags and blown up by lightning, and it's raining on top of everything else, most people might think that's just really bad luck; when you're a half-blood, you understand that some devine force is really trying to mess up your day.”

Dreams like a podcast,
Downloading truth in my ears.
They tell me cool stuff."
"Apollo?" I guess, because I figured nobody else could make a haiku that bad.
He put his finger to his lips. "I'm incognito. Call me Fred."
"A god named Fred?”
― Rick Riordan

“The real story of the Fleece: there were these two children of Zeus, Cadmus and Europa, okay? They were about to get offered up as human sacrifices, when they prayed to Zeus to save them. So Zeus sent this magical flying ram with golden wool, which picked them up in Greece and carried them all the way to Colchis in Asia Minor. Well, actually it carried Cadmus. Europa fell off and died along the way, but that's not important."
"It was probably important to her.”
― Rick Riordan, The Sea of Monsters

message 13: by Nadine (new)

Nadine i really love Percy Jackson series and the Heros of olympus so here:

"Wow," Thalia muttered. "Apollo is hot."
"He's the sun god," I said.
"That's not what I meant.”
― Rick Riordan, The Titan's Curse

“God alert!" Blackjack yelled. "It's the wine dude!
Mr. D sighed in exasperation. "The next person, or horse, who calls me the 'wine dude' will end up in a bottle of Merlot!”
― Rick Riordan, The Titan's Curse

“I'm calm," Rachel insisted. "Every time I'm around you, some monsters attack us. What's to be nervous about?"
"Look," I said. "I'm sorry about the band room. I hope they didn't kick you our or anything."
"Nah. They asked me a lot of questions about you. I played dumb."
"Was it hard?" Annabeth asked.”
― Rick Riordan, The Battle of the Labyrinth
Now Lost hero:

“I have lightning and wind powers," Jason reminded him. "Piper can turn beautiful and charm people into giving her BMWs. You're no more a freak than we are. And, hey, maybe you can fly, too. Like jump off a building and yell 'Flame on!'"
Leo snorted. "If I did that, you would see a flaming kid falling to his death, and I would be yelling something a little stronger than 'Flame on!”
― Rick Riordan, The Lost Hero

“Die!
--Gleeson Hedge”

“That's what happens when it snows in Texas lady. It. Freaking. Melts.”
― Rick Riordan

“Leo: Rainbows. Very macho.
Annabeth: Butch is our best equestrian, he gets along great with the pegasi.
Leo: Rainbows, ponies...
Butch: I'm gonna toss you off this chariot.”

“Vulcan?" Leo demanded. "I don't even LIKE Star Trek!”
theres sooo much more!!

message 14: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Wow,thats alot. Have you read the Hunger Games?

message 15: by Nadine (new)

Nadine ik! i love those books!
ya i have

message 16: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith The Hunger Games is AMAZING!

message 17: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Guys,No spaming here please! That is why we have chat. Thanks!

message 18: by Nadine (new)

Nadine oh ok sorry!

message 19: by Cheyanna (new)

Cheyanna Sorry!

message 20: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Thanks guys!

message 21: by Alina (last edited Nov 10, 2011 07:23PM) (new)

Alina (tobiasheart) | 203 comments Mockingjay:
"I sit back on my bed cross-legged and find myself rubbing the smooth iridescent surface of the pearl back and forth against my lips. For some reason, it’s soothing. A cool kiss from the giver himself."

message 22: by Alina (new)

Alina (tobiasheart) | 203 comments Cried a lot in that book! :'(

message 23: by Riah (new)

Riah "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables, #2)

message 24: by Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (last edited Nov 10, 2011 01:59PM) (new)

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments "It's only now that he's been corrupted that I can fully appreciate the real Peeta. Even more that I would've if he'd died. The kindness, the steadiness, the warmth that had an unexpected heat behind it. Outside of Prim, my mother, and Gale, how many people in the world love me unconditionally? I think in my case, the answer may now be none. Sometimes when I'm alone, I take the pearl from where it lives in my pocket and try to remember the boy with the bread, the strong arms that warded off nightmares on the train, the kisses in the arena."-Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins ((and I like the one you posted Riah!))

message 25: by Riah (new)

Riah Thanks Lea! I love your last one... I just looked up book quotes and came across mine :) I thought it fit my day at the time!

message 26: by Alina (new)

Alina (tobiasheart) | 203 comments Love every quote that includes Peeta

message 27: by Nolan (new)

Nolan Keebler (mcminus) | 37 comments Dang it, Bridget and Nadine took my favorite quotes.

message 28: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I am sorry,any other quotes?

message 29: by Nolan (new)

Nolan Keebler (mcminus) | 37 comments No need to be sorry, besides, I just found another. "Would you like a treat?" Apophis asked. "We used to play so nicely together. Every night, trying to kill each other. Don't you remember?" Ra poked his bald hald above the throne "Treat?" "How about a stuffed date?" Apophis pulled one out of the air. "You used to love stuffed dates, didn't you? All you have to do is come out and let devour-I mean, entertain you." "Want a cookie?" Ra said. "What kind?" "Weasel cookie."

message 30: by Nolan (new)

Nolan Keebler (mcminus) | 37 comments It's too bad this is limited to only book quotes.

message 31: by Faith Noelle (last edited Nov 11, 2011 04:29PM) (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yeah, well.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Because something is significantly wrong with a creature that sacrifices its children's lives to settle its differences. You can spin it any way you like... But in the end, who does it benefit? No one. The truth is, it benefits no one to live in a world where these things happen”
― Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

Tucker," I say. "I'm so glad you're still here."
I throw myself into his arms. He hugs me tightly.
"I couldn't leave," he says.
"I know."
"I mean, literally. I don't have a ride.”
― Cynthia Hand, Unearthly

People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a person, he can't be fixed.”
― Rick Riordan, The Battle of the Labyrinth

message 33: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith How the heack do you rember that long quote from Mockingjay? "I watch in slince as he walks away forever,never looking back untill now." Crossroads- G.Danfill

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments (((i've read the series 3 times so far plus I reread parts whenever I want since I own the series)))

Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) | 24 comments "“You smell good, too,” said Patch
“It’s called a shower.” I was staring straight ahead. When he didn’t answer, I turned sideways. “Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.”
“Naked. I know the drill.”
- Patch And Nora(Hush, Hush)

"Say 'provoking again. Your mouth looks provocative when you do."
- Patch [to Nora](Hush, Hush)

“You can call me Patch. No really. Call me.”
-Patch [to Nora] (Hush Hush)

I live this series!!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments What about Gale?"
"He's not a bad kisser either," I say shortly.
"And it was okay with both of us? You kissing the other?" He asks.
"No. It wasn't okay with either of you. But I wasn't asking your permission," I tell him.
Peeta laughs again, coldly, dismissively. "Well, you're a piece of work, aren't you?”

I'm going to wake Peeta," I say.
"No, wait," says Finnick. "Let's do it together. Put our faces right in front of his."
Well, there's so little opportunity for fun left in my life, I agree. We position ourselves on either side of Peeta, lean over until our faces are inches frim his nose, and give him a shake. "Peeta. Peeta, wake up," I say in a soft, singsong voice.
His eyelids flutter open and then he jumps like we've stabbed him. "Aa!"
Finnick and I fall back in the sand, laughing our heads off. Every time we try to stop, we look at Peeta's attempt to maintain a disdainful expression and it sets us off again.”
― Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire

Today he was allowed to feed himself pudding!”

message 37: by Nolan (last edited Nov 12, 2011 07:18AM) (new)

Nolan Keebler (mcminus) | 37 comments (In the book I got this from, this quote was a joke but I think this quote makes sense) Life is like a bad haircut. At first it looks awful, then you kind of get used to it, and before you know it, it grows out and you gotta get another haircut that maybe won't be so bad. So life goes on, good haircut, bad haircut, until finally you go bald, and it don't matter no more. Neal Shusterman The Schwa was here

message 38: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Nice Lea! Always love them. Wow Nolan!

message 39: by Alina (new)

Alina (tobiasheart) | 203 comments I love the one of ctahcing fire Lea

message 40: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith "Lets get KAtniss Everdeen to her wedding in style!"
-Suzanne Collins Catching Fire

"That's right, this year with be the 75 anniversary of the Hunger Games! That means, its time for are third Quarter Quell!"
-Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire

"Dont do that,I say"
"What? Come up or stay under?" He says
"Either.Neither. Whatever. Just soak in the water and behave," I say "Or if you feel this good,let's go help Petta."
-Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments (when I read the 1st one, I just burst out laughing. Most capitol people are pathetic (not Cinna).))

You know, you're kind of squeamish for such a lethal person”
― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

We're fickle, stupid beings with poor memories and a great gift for self destruction.”

All those months of taking it for granted that Peeta thought I was wonderful are over. Finally, he can see me for who I really am. Violent. Distrustful. Manipulative. Deadly. And I hate him for it.”

But don't worry; as I've been saying - and this has been very clever of me, I'm sure you'll agree - if you put enough pressure on coal, it'll turn to pearls!”
― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

I'm not their slave," the man mutters.
"I am," I say. "That's why I killed Cato... and he killed Thresh... and he killed Clove... and she tried to kill me. It just goes around and around, and who wins? Not us. Not the districts. Always the capitol. But I'm tired of being a piece in their games.”

I look at Peeta and he gives me a sad smile. I hear Haymitch's voice. "You could do a lot worse." At this moment, it's impossible to imagine how I could do any better. The gift...it is perfect. So when I rise up on my tiptoe to kiss him, it doesn't seem forced at all.”
― Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire

It takes much bravery to stand up to our enemies but we need as much bravery to stand up to our friends.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

You're the one who is weak. You will never know love or friendship. And I feel sorry for you.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

((I was gonna put like 50 more, but unfortunatly I had to stop))

message 42: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith ((Thats alot. Lea,I am sorry. Thats alll I can say.))

message 43: by Alina (last edited Nov 12, 2011 04:13PM) (new)

Alina (tobiasheart) | 203 comments I wanted to post this one, but Lea already post it, but I don't care so I'll post it again:

I look at Peeta and he gives me a sad smile. I hear Haymitch's voice. You could do a lot worse. At this moment, it's hard to imagine how I could do any better. The gift... it's perfect. SO when I rise up tiptoe to kiss him, it doesn't seem forced at all.
―Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire

"One more time? For the audience?"
I take his hand, holding one tightly, preparing for the camaras and dreading the moment when I will finally have to leg go..
―Suzanne Collins, Hunger Games

"Remember, we're madly in love, so it's alright to kiss me anytime you feel like it

"I don't want them to change me in there, turn me into some kind kind of monster that I'm not.

I just want to spend every possible minute of the rest of my life with you

I wish I could freese this moment, right here, right noe, and live in it forever

message 44: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith The 5th one(I just want to spend every possible mintue of the rest of my life with you) is what I would off said a few months ago and still say it, but the 2nd one at the word when is what I should say,"When I will finally have to let go?"

message 45: by Alina (new)

Alina (tobiasheart) | 203 comments The "When I will finally have to let go" one is so sad, I cried at that part of the book, though it's too short, and the book end super dramaticaly
1st Ending: I take his hand, holding one tightly, preparing for the camaras and dreading the moment when I will finally have to leg go... End of Book One
2nd Ending: "Katniss there is no Distric 12" End of book Two
3rd Ending: There are worse games to play. The End

message 46: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith "Gale." I whisper
"Hey,Catnip." One side of his face as been burned fairly recently.His arm in a sling, and I can see a bandage under his minner's shirt. What happend to him? How is he even here? Something vrey bad as happend back home.
"Prim." I gasp.
"She is aalive so is your mother,I got them out just in time." Gale says
"There is no district 12? I ask
After the games, they sent planes.Dropped firebombs."
"They are not in distirct 12? I repeat. As if saying it will somehow fend off the truth.
"Katniss." Gale says softly. I know that voice,its the voice he uses to approach wounded animals before the deathblow. I raise my hand to blockhis words out but he catches it and hold it tightly.
"Dont." I whisper.
"Katniss there is no Distric 12"

message 47: by Alina (new)

Alina (tobiasheart) | 203 comments END OF BOOK TWO

or is it

END OF SECOND BOOK

I don't remember it quite exactly

See what I mean, they all end super dramaticly!

message 48: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yeah,that was the end of book two.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments I know! I love cliff hangers :)
And then..well MJ doesn't end that dramaticly. It's either "I tell him "Real"." or "But there are worse games to play."...I consider the part before the epilogue to be the ending.

message 50: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Why is this so true for me?

"The sound of his name unleashed the thing that was clawing inside of me – a pain that knocked me breathless…"
- Stephenie Meyer New Moon

"It was a crippling thing, this sensation that a huge hole had been punched through my chest…my heart must have been beating but I couldn’t hear the sound of my pulse in my ears; my hands felt blue with cold."

"You… don’t… want me?" I tried out the words, confused by the way they sounded.

Love, life, meaning… over
-Stephenie Meyer New Moon

"I promise… It will be as if I’d never existed."

Then there would come a point in my dream… when I couldn’t remember what it was that I was searching for, and nothing to find… and there never would be anything more for me… nothing but nothing

« previous 1 3 4