Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone question

What do the students in Hogwarts read for fun?
Barrette Barrette Nov 06, 2011 12:41PM
I have always wondered what the students read, I mean they have all the supernatural stuff right there! Do they read books about muggles or read books by muggles or what?

Will (last edited Nov 06, 2011 02:24PM ) Nov 06, 2011 12:51PM   3 votes
They all read Harry Potter and Twilight and the two groups split into factions and to this day still fight over which is better.

They don't read books about magic, they read books about engineering, and find it as exotic and exciting as we find books about magic. I can imagine the students of Hogwarts enjoying a magic show performed by a muggle. They would be amazed that the magician is doing this without the benefit of magic.

Seriously, what is mundane for us might be amazing for them, and vice versa.

Actually, they would probably read smut.

Quidditch and fanfiction.

Well, as a witch, I really don't like any of those terrible witch books because they can never get how we are right. I mean, with the exception of J.K Rowling, that evil author who made us public. I like YA though, and the wizards love anything Quidditch.

Lol Will... I bet they do!

I imagine that they would have fiction books just like us. They do have that children's book, "tales of the beetle bard" or something like that. So I think they would have YA and adult fiction too. Then Ron had that comic book about that muggle, so they might have fiction books with muggle characters too.

uh...books?

They probably don't have time to read with all the memorizations of potions and spells that they need to cast, it takes up too much of their waking hours.

Doubt they even have time to read with all of there homework. Also there's always secret passage ways to explore and so on.

deleted member (last edited Nov 22, 2011 10:41PM ) Nov 22, 2011 10:37PM   0 votes
Maurades Map.
Misgiff Managed...:D
lols but could you imagine
Hermione-"I read Twilight the other day. I don't understand why everyone likes it so much. It's just about a sparkling fairy princess!"
Harry-"Yea! And to think I saw him become a vampire when he died. Bloody Voldemort stuffing things up again..."

Just ask Hermione. :) Although she does prefer textbooks, and other complicated books no one but her would want to read.

deleted member Nov 06, 2011 05:10PM   0 votes
They read the sports, society and arts pages in the wizarding newspapers and other publications.

They have their own wizard-y books. But Hermione likes reading textbooks.
And Gilderoy Lockhart writes books, so they would read those...
In general, I guess witches and wizards have their own, completely different authors and books.