The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello from Tidewater Virginia

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela | 3 comments Hi. I am Angela from the Tidewater area of VA. I love reading but have slacked off in the past few years. I joined Goodreads a while ago, but never took the time to see what is about, and now I am addicted. I have found some great new books and I look forward to finding more.

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10062 comments Mod
Hi Angela, great to hear that you are finding great things here on goodreads. Happy to have you as a member!

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) | 358 comments Hi, Angela! I'm not terribly active on GR--more of a lurker, really--but I just have to pipe up to say "hello" to a fellow Virginian!

message 4: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (CassieWinters) Hi Angela! I actually am similar to you in the fact that I love reading, but slacked off for many years. I just recently came back to reading as I am forcing myself to have more time for it, also as I minor in creative writing I discovered a reignited passion for reading. I think you are in the right place for finding new and interesting reads. I look forward to getting to know you through this group and seeing what books inspire you or that you enjoy or don't. Glad to have you here. :-)

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela | 3 comments Thanks all for the welcome. I look forward to being part of the group.

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth | 137 comments Hi Angela,
I now live in Colorado, but I spent my high school years in Hampton, VA and went to the College of William & Mary. I still try to get back to the tidewater area of Virginia once a year or so. Welcome to the group!

message 7: by LindaD (new)

LindaD (freedom333) | 253 comments Angela wrote: "Hi. I am Angela from the Tidewater area of VA. I love reading but have slacked off in the past few years. I joined Goodreads a while ago, but never took the time to see what is about, and now I ..."

I grew up in Chesapeake, Va. Welcome to the group! No pressure here, it's like a buffet...your eyes are often bigger than what you can "eat"
so many books, so little time