This topic is about Nightmares and Dreamscapes
Short Stories & Collections > The Ten O'Clock People-N&D

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angie | 2547 comments Mod
synopsis:

(view spoiler)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) I think this has a little bit of the story "Eight O'clock in the Morning" by Ray Nelson (the story that inspired John Carpenter's They Live) in it too. In the story a guy discovers he can see horrible monsters all around him. I kind of thought it might have been some of the basis for the song "Sunglasses at Night" as well.

message 3: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1099 comments Mod
This was a good one. It got pretty weird, but what I really liked about it was the whole concept of the title. (view spoiler)

message 4: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angie | 2547 comments Mod
(view spoiler)

Tara Wowra (fynreader) I loved this story, and I think about it every time I see a desiganted area for those who partake.
Another one that has stuck with me in a signifigant way is Quitters Inc. My son who does not like to read fiction did read this one and it has stuck with him in the same way. Anytime he or I sees someone with a missing digit, well.......

DAISY DISNEY | 15 comments I truly loved this story so much, I only wish it was longer. I think this would be a great one to make a whole novel out of!I just loved the bat creatures and the whole concept behind them... AWESOME!

message 7: by Deniz (last edited Jan 03, 2012 08:05PM) (new)

Deniz | 1 comments One of the best short stories in N&D As Daisy pointed out, it would make a fantastic novel, instead of turgid Lisey's Torture Story or the Girl who loved my ass...The pace of the story is excellent, the story itself is truly horrifying, a stand-out among many gems by the King. There is a rumor that it is into a feature film but recently there is silence there.