Stephen King Fans discussion

Nightmares and Dreamscapes
This topic is about Nightmares and Dreamscapes
Short Stories & Collections > The Night Flier-N&D

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (last edited Nov 06, 2011 09:20AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Angie | 2535 comments Mod
Below is a synopsis of the story from wikipedia:

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1095 comments Mod
I first read this story back in the late 80's, when it was published in Prime Evil: New Stories by the Masters of Modern Horror.

I really loved it then, but on this re-read I didn't care for it as much. I still liked it, but it didn't have the same impact as it did on my young self.

I still think the part where (view spoiler) is freakin' cool though.

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) What's interesting is that the reporter is the same guy who harasses Johnny in The Dead Zone. In a lot of ways this was about King giving the guy his comeuppance :) I was working pretty steadily at reading all of King's books at the time I originally read this book and it led me to read The Dead Zone pretty shortly afterwards.

Bondama (kerensa) | 868 comments Chris - I, too, first encountered this story in "Prime Evil" -- and had the same experience: 1st reading: terrific... second... not so much... but the scene you reference is wonderful!

Rocio (scarlet86) | 5 comments My question might be a spoiler:
But, why did he let Deeds live?, was it so he could take the blame for the massacre?

Alondra Miller Scarlet86 wrote: "My question might be a spoiler:
But, why did he let Deeds live?, was it so he could take the blame for the massacre?"

to remain anonymous... vampires ability to survive for centuries depends upon it. not like Laurell K Hamiltons vamps, who have civil rights... good grief ..hahaha

Bondama (kerensa) | 868 comments Good point, Alondra!

Rocio (scarlet86) | 5 comments wouldn't be easier to just kill him? I mean, kill him and then destroy the film?

DAISY DISNEY | 15 comments So far this is my favorite in the book!

message 10: by Krista (new) - added it

Krista (findyourshimmy) | 50 comments This was such a great read. I found myself reading faster and faster as the suspense continued to build. Man, I love how King just pulls me in and won't let go!