Inkheart (Inkworld, #1) Inkheart discussion

No question Just talk .

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebekah (last edited Nov 06, 2011 08:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rebekah Really good book in my opinion.DustFinger is very lovable because even though he did bad stuff he didn't like it.Farid seemed weird at first but now he seems cool.Meggie is really brave I mean how many people can say they would do what she did.Basta is just horrible someone should cut his face up and see how he likes it.And even though Capricorn is the bad guy he is a very well put together character. Cornelia Funke did a great job writing this story.

Stephanie I read all three of the books in this series. I'm not sure if you all have, so I won't give anything away. I will say that I felt that the last book was kind of let down because the story built up so much and then it fizzled out at the end. I expected it to be more epic, I guess. I did really enjoy the characters, though. They were very memorable. Have you guys read the other two books in the series as well?

Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) I agree there, too. I didn't like Meggie in the end, though. Farid was a nice guy, and she just dumped him.

Krystal Markham I have and I loved the books I was sad on how it ended I thought she was going to write another. and the movie was a let down.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

The book was a big disappointment on my part. Here is why:
1) I didn't connect with the characters (in detail, I couldn't decide whether I wanted to like Dustfinger or not. It was confusing.)
2) The plotline stank; it was like the author was just pulling words together
3) It was torture to read it; I couldn't stand the fact that the plotline didn't show me good character development or anything. It was a very pathetic excuse for a book.

To elaborate on my reasons, as I see many of you haven't done, my constructive criticism for Cornelia Funke would be to make the characters more likable, more undertsandable, and more interesting. Meggie was a very boring heroine for me; I like the main character to be the sticky glue that holds the story together, and Meggie made it fall apart in my hands. Dustfinger was the highlight of the book, because he intrigued me. But I still wish the book had eleaborated on Dustfinger and Meggie, together. Then I might have been able to read it without feeling pain that a bad piece of literature brings.

I am truly sorry, but that is how I feel about that.

Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) I can completely agree. I felt like chucking MEggie off that cliff at the end of the book.

Krystal Markham There are parts that I agree with you about the book the first time I read it I had I hard time telling if I liked Dustfinger or not but after the 2nd time around he became my favorite person. and Meggie I did not like at all I liked Dustfinger and Mo.

Spacechik Jillian wrote: "The book was a big disappointment on my part. Here is why:
1) I didn't connect with the characters (in detail, I couldn't decide whether I wanted to like Dustfinger or not. It was confusing.)
2) ..."

I completely agree. I thought it was pretty shallow. I won't be reading any of the other books.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Inkheart (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cornelia Funke (other topics)