Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

If you went to Hogwarts, which profession would you choose after finishing your studies?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mehnaz I know most of you are gonna say Auror, but many have other favorites as well :)

For Instance, me.
I would probably become a Healer, or start my own business in Diagon Alley like the Weasleys' :)

What about you all?

Lord Voldemort You guessed it:

Auror ftw! The profession is quite simply cool.

Ricco I would like to be an alchemist and a professor at Hogwarts

Lex is da name, dont wear it out I would either be like Minister of Magic (high hopes...)) or an Auror

Louie Dispo Dragon Tamer like Charlie Weasley

Hasara probably an auror or a dragon tamer as well.
Dragons are so cool :-)

Laura Auror, I wanna kick butt and take names later

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I would want to be a wand seller (I forget what they are actually called). I'm good at reading people.

message 9: by Weirdology (last edited Nov 06, 2011 02:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Weirdology Oh I don't know. I'm sitting here trying to think of something magical to do as a living and just can't think of anything I would like to do long term. Most would be fun to try out, but only because the whole magic thing doesn't actually exist for me. So it's exciting at first, but I can see myself getting bored quickly with the magical careers that are mentioned in the books.

I think I would like to open up a clothing shop so I could design robes and sell them. Clothing design is an interest to me in real life, but I absolutely hate sewing and that kinda takes the fun out of it for me. It would be easier and faster to sew if I could use magic, and then I could just go crazy with designing robes and any other clothing the magical community might wear. On Pottermore Rowling says some wizards use the colors green and purple together to recognize each other in the muggle world. So I would probably make some muggle clothing available in those colors too. That would be fun, and that way I wouldn't be limited to designing just robes.

Susan I think I'd play with herbs and essences and become a potions teacher at Hogwarts. Ol' Sluggy has to retire again someday. :)

Rachel I'd like to do potions as well, but something tells me that I'd fail miserably since I can't cook at all, haha. I wouldn't mind being a curse breaker, either ^_^

Gabriel Rachel wrote: "I'd like to do potions as well, but something tells me that I'd fail miserably since I can't cook at all, haha. I wouldn't mind being a curse breaker, either ^_^"

Will someone please remind me never to eat anything that Rachel here gives me?

Gabriel I wouldn't mind working as Charms Proffesor. Wingardium Leviosa is one of my favorite spells; I like the idea of being able to get bottles of beer out of the fridge with out having to get up.

Gabriel Olivia wrote: "I would definitely want to be a professor at Hogwart. Maybeteaching Transfiguration, Charms, History of magic or potions...."

I wonder how many Galleons Professors get paid?

Mehnaz Gabriel wrote: "Rachel wrote: "I'd like to do potions as well, but something tells me that I'd fail miserably since I can't cook at all, haha. I wouldn't mind being a curse breaker, either ^_^"

Will someone pleas..."

LOL

Mehnaz Gabriel wrote: "Olivia wrote: "I would definitely want to be a professor at Hogwart. Maybeteaching Transfiguration, Charms, History of magic or potions...."

I wonder how many Galleons Professors get paid?"

Whatever the amount is it's not little...plus you get to stay at Hogwarts as long as you have the job. I bet anyone would die for such an opportunity :)

Gabriel Mehnaz wrote: "Gabriel wrote: "Olivia wrote: "I would definitely want to be a professor at Hogwart. Maybeteaching Transfiguration, Charms, History of magic or potions...."

I wonder how many Galleons Professors g..."

Plus, free chefs and maids in the form of House Elves!

Jessica I would either be an Auror, Professor at Hogwarts....or a Professional Quidditch player!

Taylor I'd want to be an Unspeakable. Or an Auror, but no one knows what an Unspeakable does, its top secret. But it sounds like an awesome job.

message 21: by Emma (new) - rated it 2 stars

Emma Professor at Hogwarts for sure. I'd probably teach transfiguration, charms, DADA, anything that uses a wand. Or maybe history of magic...if professor Binns ever retires. NOT potions or divination.

Michael An auror would be exciting, but I'd want to try to raise some mythical creatures... like dragons. I'd attempt to be the first auror with a dragon as a partner.

Icantreadwhyamihere I used to want to be an auror, until i took an arrow to the knee :[)

message 24: by Trine (new) - added it

Trine Either Care of Magical Creatures professor, or become a magizoologist like Newt Scamander! :D

Sandy I was going to say a Tour Guide for Terror Tours but I think its a travel agency so they don't give the tours themselves xD. Perhaps the magic equivalent of a wildlife photographer where I go off and take pictures of dragons and sphinxes and other dangerous creatures and since the pictures move I don't have to waste film on trying to get the perfect shot :P. Then in later years I can retire and run my own magic bookstore.

The Bibliophile I would like to work for Madam Rosmerta in the Three Broomsticks. That way I'll always have butterbeer...

Michael I'm intrigued by the Unspeakables, though their lives seem lonely. But knowledge always comes at a price.