Modern Mommies discussion

About Books > Deceptively Delicious or Sneaky Chef

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (momof4boys) | 30 comments Hello ladies!

Any opinions about these two books? Have you tried the strategies?

Share & discuss please....

message 2: by Shea (new)

Shea | 346 comments Sorry Kathleen, I haven't read either. I generally avoid cooking at all costs and I am guessing they are cook books of some kind.

message 3: by Santina (new)

Santina (littlesaintina) | 292 comments Mod
I haven't used either of those myself. I'm lucky enough to have a kid that loves her veggies so I've never had to hide them.

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela I have Deceptively Delicious...but it works well with my book Super Baby Food....which is my Mommy BIBLE for feeding my kids. HONESTLY.....I highly recommend Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron to every and any mom at any stage of feeding children. (Mine is well used and well loved and in various stages of repair...) I learned to choose and prepare purees for my kids in that book along with nutritional values and meal plans. There is even a section for fun stuff and creative ideas...ever heard of making play-dough out of dryer lint??? Now that I have purees, I just incorporate them into other recipes from Deceptively Delicious.

I am biased though. My kids are excellent eaters. I credit this to following the Super Baby Food book from day 1 of eating. In fact, last night we ate stuffed peppers and spaghetti squash and they loved it!!! Asked for more in fact! Even Nico at 18 months had double helpings!

If your kids are difficult eaters, I would definitely try it. But I definitely prefer Super Baby Food as book choice number 1....then Deceptively Delicious as your book to play with the recipes.

Sorry...I've not tried the Sneaky Chef, nor have any of my other mommy friends. We are Oprah geeks and since Oprah did a show with Jessica Seinfeld and her book, that's the one we all got.

I hope this helps!!!