Common Things and More! discussion

Books/favorite Authors > Favorite Author?

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faith Noelle (last edited Nov 05, 2011 06:33PM) (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Do you have a favorite Author? Share her/him here and the book he/she has written!

message 2: by Ella (last edited Nov 05, 2011 06:46PM) (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 85 comments Mod
Ann M. Martin-The Baby-sitters Club series and many other books

Peg Kehret-Several books all containing things like kid-nappings and mysteries.

message 3: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Would you like me to make a book topic over anyone those books?

message 4: by Ella (new)

Ella (ellarosewood) | 85 comments Mod
*Shrugs* Sure. How about.....Stolen Children.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Swimmergirl wrote: "Ann M. Martin-The Baby-sitters Club series and many other books

Peg Kehret-Several books all containing things like kid-nappings and mysteries."

I read most of the Baby-sitters Club books..(fond memories!)..I always thought they were so old, but know their not!

Fav. author- I don't know!! How about Jerry Spinelli- he writes about...a lot! I like:Love Stargirl, Stargirl, Maniac Magee, Loser, Milkweed,Wringer, Crash, and Smiles to Go

message 6: by Nolan (new)

Nolan Keebler (mcminus) | 37 comments Rick Riordan and Neal Shusterman.

message 7: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Nice! I dont really have a FOVORITE author but I loved the Hunger GAmes series by: Suezanna Collins

message 8: by Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (last edited Nov 11, 2011 06:58PM) (new)

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Nolan wrote: "Rick Riordan and Neal Shusterman."

I like Unwind by Neal S. (it was VERY awesome by the way) , and all of the PJO books by Rick R.

message 9: by Nolan (new)

Nolan Keebler (mcminus) | 37 comments I haven't read Unwind yet, what's it about?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments It's about a society where they "Unwind" children, which means they take 99.9% of their body parts. Say, if someone broke an arm, an unwind's arm would replace it. Abortion is illegal, so if you don't want a child, you place it on the steps of someone's house. The homeowners are the offical caregivers of the child. It really made me think about stuff..There are three unwinds trying to escape from the unwind camp.

message 11: by Nolan (last edited Nov 12, 2011 07:11AM) (new)

Nolan Keebler (mcminus) | 37 comments Wow, um... that sounds disturbing.

message 12: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith That sound ummmm, vrey disurbing. I think I want to read it though.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments It is, but it made me think, which is good :)

message 14: by Nolan (new)

Nolan Keebler (mcminus) | 37 comments When do people not think?

message 15: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I guess your right. I know alot of people who dont think,dont care what happens to other or how they hurt them. Thats off topic though,so I am going to stop now.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Nolan wrote: "When do people not think?"

Think as in think intellcually. As in stuff you don't usually think about..Plus you can read a book and not learn anything from it.

message 17: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Thats true.

message 18: by Riah (new)

Riah I don't have a favorite! I love tons!

message 20: by Mockingjay (new)

Mockingjay  | 1 comments Suzanne Collins, Cassandra Clare, Rachelle Mead, Becca Fitzpatrick, Carrie Ryan, Lj Smith and many more!

message 21: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Suzaane Collins, Sarah Dessen, J Wilson, Stephien, Myer. Theres is lots more to add later.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Mockingjay wrote: "Suzanne Collins, Cassandra Clare, Rachelle Mead, Becca Fitzpatrick, Carrie Ryan, Lj Smith and many more!"

You like Carrie Ryan? I like her writing.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Choosing just one favorite author is hard.
Aprilynne Pike, Suzanne Collins, Rick Riordan, Maggie Stiefvater, Cassandra Clare, Dan Brown, Michael Crichton, Joanne Rowling, Becca Fitzpatrick, Catherine Fisher, James Patterson...the list goes on practically forever.

And Stephanie Meyer has excellent taste in books.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

And the books too?
Wings, The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Mortal Instruments, Robert Langdon series, Next/Jurassic Park/Timeline, Harry Potter, Hush, Hush, Incarceron/Oracle Prophecies, Maximum Ride and a bunch of thriller books.

message 25: by Riah (new)

Riah I like Christopher Pike, Garth Nix...

message 26: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Christopher Pike, wrote "Thirst" book seires. Love those books.

message 27: by Riah (new)

Riah I've never read his Vampire books (I don't read Vampire books). I liked his Alosha series.

message 28: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith That was okay not my favorite, "Thrist" was better.

message 29: by Nolan (new)

Nolan Keebler (mcminus) | 37 comments Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) wrote: "It's about a society where they "Unwind" children, which means they take 99.9% of their body parts. Say, if someone broke an arm, an unwind's arm would replace it. Abortion is illegal, so if you do..."

Why wouldn't they take the body parts once their already dead. Why do they have to kill them?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Well they want to have a smaller population. Plus, if the parents don't want them, they could just get rid of them for "a good cause". Plus some of them do it for religious reasons. They were "born to be unwound".

message 31: by Nolan (new)

Nolan Keebler (mcminus) | 37 comments What is their population?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Stolen Children (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Peg Kehret (other topics)