Common Things and More! discussion

Books/favorite Authors > The Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-50 of 222 (222 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith This topic is where you can talk about the Hunger Games aka book 1 of the Hunger Games serires.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments This was VERY good. Hooked me from the start..I also have to ask, why isn't there one for Mockingjay?

message 3: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I am working on fixing all that Lea. Dont worry! I loved THGS probely more than the other. Katniss oh Katniss no words for her. Loved it all. Gave me goes bumps

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments MADE ME CRY!! I sing Rue's Lullaby when I'm scared :)

message 5: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Aww,thats sad. I love that song and cant wait for the movies. Thats what I am going to do I will make a movie topic hold on.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments YESS!!!!! AND THEN PEOPLE WILL BE RANTING ABOUT IT!! MARCH I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

message 7: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Why all caps? Yeah,I cant wait too. Cant wait for me what?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Because I like caps...I can't wait for March..I was trying to think of all of the scenes I wanted to see..which is basically the whole movie!

message 9: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Ohhh okay!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Favorite Quote from THG? Mine:Why not? It's true. My best hope is to not disgrace myself and..." He hesitates.

And what?" I say.

I don't know how to say it exactly. Only... I want to die as myself. Does that make any sense?" he asks. I shake my head. How could he die as anyone but himself? "I don't want them to change me in there. Turn me into some kind of monster that I'm not."

I bite my lip feeling inferior. While I've been ruminating on the availability of trees, Peeta has been struggling with how to maintain his identity. His purity of self. "Do you mean you won't kill anyone?" I ask.

No, when the time comes, I'm sure I'll kill just like everybody else. I can't go down without a fight. Only I keep wishing I could think of a way to... to show the Capitol they don't own me. That I'm more than just a piece in their Games," says Peeta.

But you're not," I say. "None of us are. That's how the Games work."

Okay, but within that frame work, there's still you, there's still me," he insists. "Don't you see?"

A little, Only... no offense, but who cares, Peeta?" I say.

I do. I mean what else am I allowed to care about at this point?" he asks angrily. He's locked those blue eyes on mine now, demanding an answer.”

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) wrote: "Favorite Quote from THG? Mine:Why not? It's true. My best hope is to not disgrace myself and..." He hesitates.

And what?" I say.

I don't know how to say it exactly. Only... I want to die as mysel..."

I loved this part!! Peeta is so sweet and caring! I love love love love love him!

message 12: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Agreed

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Ditto

message 14: by Cheyanna (new)

Cheyanna I havent read It but I was at the school library and i asked her where the Hunger Games book are And she said we were out. But she said she was going to hold it for me . Yay (:

message 15: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Cool, Anna

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Faith wrote: "Agreed"

I AGREE 903489302 times..

message 17: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Uhhhhhhhh I agree time's 3 of 903489302

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments I agree time 32949 of 843945860943...Cause Peeta is just that AWESOMELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 *daydreaming about him right now*

message 19: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Okay,thats enough, back to the book.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments haha..Okay, so what's this aboout? Oh, right THG! (not Peeta :()...Ummmmm....I love this book! I hate how the pretty them up for slaugher..and Rue? *sigh*

message 21: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Oh, little RUE! You will ALWAYYS be with us!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments :(((((((((((((((((((( I'm so depressed now

message 23: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I know right?

message 24: by Riah (new)

Riah I thought that Cinna was a very interesting part of the books. He practically re-created Katniss. And why did he request Dis. 12?

message 25: by Cheyanna (new)

Cheyanna :(

message 26: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I know right? I cant belive her got killed! Evil Gamemakers! Oh wait,that was in book two. My bad! :D

message 27: by Faith Noelle (last edited Nov 09, 2011 08:54AM) (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I HATE YOU SNOW WITH A BURNIG PASSION!

message 28: by Riah (new)

Riah Faith wrote: "I HATE YOU SNOW WITH A BRUNIG PASSION!"

With a what? Is that supposed to be "burning passion"? I'm not sure.

message 29: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Oh yeah, it is. I was probly just typing to fast. Let fix that.

message 30: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I fixed it. :)

message 31: by Riah (new)

Riah Faith wrote: "I fixed it. :)"

Awesome. I type too fast all the time and have to fix my gammar and/or spelling :)

message 32: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yup.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments What really made me super angrey at Snow was Peeta's you-know-what.....Like how could you EVER do that to someone????!! Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

message 34: by Riah (new)

Riah I agree Lea! And not just because he did it to Peeta! But because he did it at all!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments Yes..To make someone want to kill someone they dearly love?.. Have little children die and be forced to kill innocent people? Make victors go back in the arena, even ones who have children? Make this distircts be the dog that fetches their bones????

message 36: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith THANK YOU! What makes me more mad is that the capitold children were UN-TOUCHABLE!!!!!!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments I know!!!

message 38: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith GRRRRRR

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments President Snow, You are evil.

message 40: by Riah (new)

Riah Yeah seriously! Forcing children to kill other children is horrendous!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments No..It's just...I can't think of a bad enough word.

message 42: by Riah (new)

Riah Me neither! And how the capitol view it like a board game!

message 43: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith They really do. Its not fair! The capitol children dont even get there namesin the ball! D:

message 44: by Riah (new)

Riah How wrong is that?! And how they force up-risers to be their personally servants? And are way over fed!

message 45: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I know, and then they just sit there and watch other kids die and dont even care. Just a game to them. GRRR I hate the capitol

message 46: by Riah (new)

Riah ME TOO!!!! Dumb capitol (I can say "dumb", right?). And to dress so stupidly! And to keep changing the rules about whether she could keep both herself and Peeta alive?! I was stoked when they said she could and ready to smack someone when they took it back!

message 47: by Nolan (new)

Nolan Keebler (mcminus) | 37 comments Sadly I don't have a copy of this book, I read some of it though and it seems good so far.

message 48: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yes Riah, you can you just cant cuss. I just dont think the capitol was being vrey fair at all. WHy in the world would someone get injoyment out of watching kids die?! How is that fun?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 433 comments It really is melancholy..(strong enough word?). And what I hated was when they made Victors go back in! Okay, so these people have nightmares and like are forever changed because of THG. Now they have to go back in?! Plus, the victors who have children? They have to go back in too? And for Katniss and Peeta to go back in when Katniss is "pregnant"?

message 50: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yeah,I thought it was unfair for the older Vicors of past games to go back in but, this topic belongs in Cathing Fire so lets go there. *walks to Catching Fire topic"

« previous 1 3 4 5