Full Moon (A Wolf Role Play) discussion

Lowlands > Scarlet's Pack

Comments Showing 1-50 of 253 (253 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

((This is the roleplay for Scarlet's Pack))

Scarlet's pack was founded by a brave female, by the name of Scarlet. She was proud, and filled with pride. She hated how every pack was run by the males, and decided she could live fine in a pack of all female wolves.
Scarlet's pack is purely made of female she-wolves, as the tradition is that females can survive on their own. None of these wolves have mates, and simply mate with random loners, so they can have pups.
If they have any male pups, they raise them until they are adults, then simply send them out of the pack to become loners, start their own pack, or join a pack.
This pack gets attacked on a monthly bases by male wolves to want to prove that they are needed. Sometimes some females are captured from this pack, and taken to an alpha. It's an odd thing, but because Scarlet Pack has strong females, the alpha male wants to breed with the prisoner, to produce a hybrid litter of super strong wolves. Sometimes even the pups are stolen to be raised by other packs.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 09, 2011 05:20PM) (new)

Flynn yawned, waking up on some random part of the territory. She felt somewhat weak and tired, her body aching, and her stomach growling.
She slowly lifted herself to her legs, recalling what she had done to get here.
I think I was out hunting, hunting a baby elk. I though I could get it...and I think it bucked me in the jaw... She wiggled her mouth, confirming the idea with a whimper. She blushed, realizing how stupid it would sound that she got defeated by a calf.
Flynn lifted herself to her paws, heading in the direction of camp. A light snow began to fall, and Flynn recalled it as the first snow of the season.
The earth was hard underneath her paws, slightly frozen from the freezing temperatures of the night.

message 3: by คгเค (new)

คгเค  (fanfiction-green) Mae awoke and yawned, rolling over onto her stomach. She stood up slowly and shook her fur out. She was dirty and bedraggled, in desperate need of a wash. Her large eyes darted across the territory and she shivered, cold from the night. Mae slowly made her way towards the centre of camp, looking for any other member of her pack.

message 4: by Hope (last edited Nov 09, 2011 05:25PM) (new)

Hope The first flakes of cold whiteness were what woke Mist. Sleeping out in the open near the camp's entrance, her scarred muzzle bared to the elements, she snored ever-so-softly. Then, suddenly, she felt cold flakes on her nose. They jolted her out of her meat-filled, tempting dreams with a snort. Now she raised her head, angling her head and ears towards the camp's entrance. Yes, it was definitly snowing out. And by the sound of it, Flynn was returning from her hunt. Mist rose and stretched her stiff legs, eager to greet the young messenger. The thought of meat made her stomach growl--her last meal had been sunrise of yesterday. She hoped the black she-wolf brought back some good prey.

message 5: by คгเค (new)

คгเค  (fanfiction-green) ((Wow... I feel like such a bad roleplayer compared to you too >.<))

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Flynn trotted swiftly into camp, her many months of messenger training making it possible for her body to ignore the aching pains.
She grimaced when she saw the salivating look on Mist's face; she was dying to eat. As was Flynn.
The young wolf dipped her head to the she-wolf, looking at her paws. "I bring no food today, Mist. Last night I was stalking a buck, and it must have kicked me in the jaw, because I woke up on the far end of our territory with a dislocated mouth."
Flynn may have been timid, but a white lie wouldn't hurt anyone.
"I'm sorry I've lost it. I might be able to catch up with the weekly hunting patrol by nightfall, if I run fast enough." She mused.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Aria *What Makes You Beautiful* wrote: "((Wow... I feel like such a bad roleplayer compared to you too >.<))"

((Aria, you're a great roleplayer. If you sucked, you wouldn't be in this group. Plus, I barely write up long posts. Most of the time I write a single sentence.))

message 8: by Hope (last edited Nov 09, 2011 05:37PM) (new)

Hope Mist stopped a look of desperation from crossing her face. "Flynn," she greeted her pack-mate, nodding. "It's a shame you lost the buck. We're in need of some prey." She glanced around the camp, at the scrawny wolves, many with ribs showing. Some twitched in their sleep, no doubt living in fantasies filled with meat. Mist quickly wiped what she knew was a look of longing off her face and gave the other she-wolf a solid thwack on the muzzle to show she disapproved of the failiure. "No matter," she growled, some of her old sass returning, "You and I will go, later, when the pack rises. And this time, follow my orders." Her ears twitched in annoyance as she rememberd the last hunt she'd been on. Flynn and her, along with a few others, had been stalking a weak old cow across the territory. And Flynn, thinking she was going to make the first kill in days, had made the kill rush before Mist had given the signal. Needless to say, they went home with empty bellies.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Flynn nodded, her head hanging shamefully. "I can't explain how sorry I am. It was stupid to stalk a buck by myself." She looked up. "But at least the winter is coming. Many elk will hopefully wander loose of the herds traveling to the Uplands. I'm sure in no time we'll all have full bellies." She barked hopefully.

message 10: by Hope (last edited Nov 09, 2011 05:47PM) (new)

Hope "Yes," Mist agreed, her eyes narrowing and a snarl making itself known in her voice, "but winter also means deep snows and blizzard--terrians impossible to navigate properly. Wolves will die, not just prey!" She could explain it well, but some part of Mist hated Flynn for being so optimistic. As the winter moons approached, prey would grow thinner, weaker, easier to catch but with little meat to go around for the effort. Every scrap of food would have to be fought for, or scavanged from the hateful Brick Pack. No, winter was never a good time for any packs, much less the weaker ones from the Lowlands. And with winter came the assults from the males of other packs, all ready and willing to stain the white ground red with the blood of she-wolves and pups while the snows weakened them.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"Sorry," the black she-wolf lowered herself to the ground slightly. "I'm a messenger, I haven't really been thoroughly trained for hunting." She sighed, looking to the side. "Not only does it bring troubles for you. Not much good can come from my yearly report to the Uplands. Not she-wolf should have to walk alone through a brutal winter." She looked nervously at Mist. "Sorry," she repeated. "I just hate staying with Cragg's Pack. I've only gone once, and it was only for two nights, but they act like heathens." She growled.

message 12: by Hope (new)

Hope Mist huffed, lowering her tail slightly--the best apology she could manage. "I understand," she sighed. "I'm sorry too, for my insolence. I suppose hunger has me a bit on edge these days." Her tail lifted and she perked her ears, interested in Flynn's words of Cragg Pack. "Heathens, you say? What exactly have they done to make you feel so unwelcome?" Her tone was softer now, almost sympathetic as she gazed at the young black wolf. Though she would normally scold the messenger for preaching her sorrows, she saw no need to do so now. When dealing with Upland packs, she wanted to hear what Flynn had to say. The cursed lowlifes had little respect for anyone other than themselves, Mist knew.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Flynn shifted her paws slightly, not expecting this much interest from Mist. "They aren't rude..well, they are..." She began, her eyes gazing to the side. "They seem as though the constant cold weather of the Mountains has also affected their hearts. I've seen their ways, and it's unnatural. They always have to be together, to survive, of course, but they act as though they hardly know one another. Like it's all business."
Flynn shrugged. "It's hard to explain. Maybe we just aren't as serious as they are." The black she-wolf sighed. "But it's all worth it. Once I get over the mountain, even in the winter, the Uplands are beautiful. There's elk a plenty, and at the top of the mountain, if you look down, you can spot thousands of fallow deer." Her mouth began to water. "Deer must be very juicy and easy to chew. They only let me eat elk when I'm up there."

message 14: by Hope (last edited Nov 09, 2011 06:25PM) (new)

Hope Mist's eyes narrowed once more at this. "Do you dare show disrepect for your homeland?" she growled, clearly irritated with Flynn now. "Do you wish you belonged to a different pack, one in he Uplands? Because I assure you, getting rid of another mouth to feed would be absolutely no trouble for most of these wolves." She jerked her muzzle at the sleeping pack. "Do not be ungreatful," she warned, moving forward, hackles raised, "Or you will be cast out." She snapped at the smaller wolf, her jaws closing just inches from Flynn's short muzzle. Now she back off, just a bit, though she still bristled. The messenger would soon understand the greatness of the land where she came into the world. And if she did not understand on her own, Mist would teach her some of life's harsher lessons to help her along.

((Are my posts too long? XD))

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

((lol, not at all. It is an advanced roleplay.))

Flynn dug her claws into the ground, biting back a sharp retort. "Don't talk to your messenger like that." She growled lowly, almost a whisper. "I know you think your better than everyone, but you can't avoid the facts. It's awful living down here. Of course I wish I lived in the Uplands; who doesn't? But I am loyal to Scarlet Pack, and I assure you, I will not be leaving anytime soon." Flynn huffed, slightly happy to get that off her chest. "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to go get a drink of water." She finished, trotting away.

message 16: by คгเค (new)

คгเค  (fanfiction-green) Silverstream/THE JAMES MCAVOY FREAK! wrote: "Aria *What Makes You Beautiful* wrote: "((Wow... I feel like such a bad roleplayer compared to you too >.

((Aria, you're a great roleplayer. If you sucked, you wouldn't be in this group. Plus, I b..."

((Thanks, Silver ^.^))

Mae pricked her ears, hearing a commotion. "What on earth is going on?" she questioned herself, looking around. She slowly made her way towards the noise, cautiously and quietly.

message 17: by Hope (new)

Hope "I don't!" snarled Mist at the messenger's receeding back. She pointedly turned away and trotted out of camp, letting the ever-present snowflakes settle on her growing fur and cooi off her hot blood. How, she wondered, did she always manage to get into arguments such as that one? They had certainly earned her a bad reputation within the pack, if not out of the territory as well. She picked up her pace now, eager to get away from the tension of Scarlet Pack's camp. She would go to the river, she decided--it would be nice and peavful there, quiet too. What she needed.

message 18: by Hope (new)

Hope Aria *What Makes You Beautiful* wrote: "Silverstream/THE JAMES MCAVOY FREAK! wrote: "Aria *What Makes You Beautiful* wrote: "((Wow... I feel like such a bad roleplayer compared to you too >.

((Aria, you're a great roleplayer. If you suc..."

((Would you care to have Mae follow Mist out?))

message 19: by คгเค (new)

คгเค  (fanfiction-green) Mae wandered towards the noise and at that moment she saw Mist exiting from somewhere. It seemed she was headed towards the lake. Should I follow? Mae asked herself, slowly walking forwards. "I think I shall," she said softly.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Flynn soon found herself by a small pool of water, formed by last nights rainstorm. She lapped up the freezing water, stopping sooner than usual when her throat went numb. She looked up into the sky, her black pelt standing out, yet blending in at the same time.
She sighed slightly, lowering her ears. Next week she would have to make the yearly report to Frent's Pack.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) | 305 comments Mod
Caeryn woke up and yawned, showing her sharp canines. She stretched, feeling better as the sleep left her. She stood up and shook out her fur. She looked around at her sleeping packmates.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Flynn trotted back to the camp, her head held high and proud for a change.

message 23: by คгเค (new)

คгเค  (fanfiction-green) Mae stared as Flynn moved past her.

Caeryn decided that it would probably be a good idea to go hunting. They needed some food. She walked past her sleeping packmates.

message 25: by คгเค (last edited Nov 21, 2011 04:20PM) (new)

คгเค  (fanfiction-green) Mae glanced over at Caeryn. She cocked her head, wondering what she was going to do.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Flynn narrowed her eyes at Caeryn. "Where are you going?" She barked.

message 27: by คгเค (new)

คгเค  (fanfiction-green) Mae glanced up and looked at Flynn, then back at Caeryn. "Are you going hunting, Caeryn?" she asked softly.

"I'm going hunting," Caeryn said.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Flynn flatted her ears. "You'll have to catch up with the weekly hunting patrol." She barked. "I'll come too, I wanted to go anyway. If we go fast, we'll get with them by midnight or so."
The black wolf yawned.

message 30: by คгเค (new)

คгเค  (fanfiction-green) "Could I come?" Mae asked, watching them.

message 31: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Rainfall padded out of her den, shaking out her thin coat.

๖ۣۜƧilverlight Rocky opened her eyes, she had been sleeping.She sat up, her ears pricked and gave a yawn. her brown eyes searched around. she spotted Rainfall and barked a greeting.

message 33: by ๖ۣۜƧilverlight (last edited Nov 29, 2011 09:30AM) (new)

๖ۣۜƧilverlight ((i'm bored -.-))

Rocky stood up, carful not to wake the other's. She trotted out of the camp, as if everything was alright. With winter coming if was improtant to store up on food, And thoughit wasnt her job, Rocky enjoyed solor hunting.
Moments later, Rocky came upon a hare. She crouched low, ready to give chase.She pounced on the hare, sinking her teeth into it's neck.

Silverstream/THE JAMES MCAVOY FREAK! wrote: "Flynn flatted her ears. "You'll have to catch up with the weekly hunting patrol." She barked. "I'll come too, I wanted to go anyway. If we go fast, we'll get with them by midnight or so."
The black..."

"I'm sure we can catch up to them," Caeryn replied.

message 35: by ๖ۣۜƧilverlight (last edited Nov 29, 2011 06:21PM) (new)

๖ۣۜƧilverlight ((If anyone wants to join my warrior cat Roleplay, ur welcome to it http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/5... ))

Rocky caught another hare, smaller than the first, before starting to carry them back to the camp.

message 36: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Rainfall nodded to Rocky. "nice catch."

๖ۣۜƧilverlight Rocky set down the prey. "Thanks." She looked around, "Looks like everyone's up and about."

message 38: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Rainfall lifted and licked a forpaw. "it seems so."

๖ۣۜƧilverlight "Winter's coming soon. Want to help me hunt?" Rocky pionted his her nose to the land beyond the camp, "We could use the prey around here."

message 40: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Rainfall dipped her head. "sounds good to me." she got to her paws. "is anyone else coming?"

๖ۣۜƧilverlight Rocky shrugged, "I don't think so." She turned toward the camp entrance. "Race ya?"

message 42: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Rainfall's eyes lit. "you're on!"

๖ۣۜƧilverlight Rocky bolted out of the camp. "Than come on!" She called, not looking back.

message 44: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Rainfall chuckled and burst after her, hard on her heels.

๖ۣۜƧilverlight Rocky sniffed the air. "I smell a...deer? how did it get down here?" She skit to a stop, "O well food is food." She started to follow the deer's scent.

message 46: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Rainfall padded by her side, opening her mouth slightly to get a better scent on the deer. the creatures smell was strong, but one could never be too careful.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Natasha (Time turns flames to embers) wrote: "Silverstream/THE JAMES MCAVOY FREAK! wrote: "Flynn flatted her ears. "You'll have to catch up with the weekly hunting patrol." She barked. "I'll come too, I wanted to go anyway. If we go fast, we'l..."

Flynn nodded, before trotting out of camp. Her long legs moved at a brisk trot, moving in an almost beautiful motion. Years of running for training had made this messenger the greatest runner in the pack.

๖ۣۜƧilverlight Rocky could just see the deer, a doe. She pricked her ears, quietly moving toward it.

message 49: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Rainfall trotted silently around the deer, to catch it if it tried to run.

Caeryn trotted after Flynn, excited to be going on a hunt.

((I won't be able to get on next week.))

« previous 1 3 4 5 6