Full Moon (A Wolf Role Play) discussion

Uplands > Cragg's Pack

Comments Showing 1-50 of 800 (800 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

((This is the roleplay for Cragg's Pack.))

Cragg's pack was founded by a musky gray wolf, clearly named Cragg. After a horrid battle with the Lowlander's, the Uplander's held a meeting. Cragg was an Omega from Frent's Pack, and decided that a single, worthy pack made up of burly wolves would patrol on the Mountain.
It was hard for him to get followers, as great of an idea it was, many wolves died trying to get over the mountains.
Cragg was persistant, though. And he and his mate set off, along with five others. They found a large cave to live in, and with all the snow, they would never run out of water. When they thought there was no food, his mate came across many herds of reindeer.
Cragg's pack is devoted to patrolling the mountains, and keeping any unwanted Lowlander's out. They have been taught to keep a wary eye, and there are many unexpected drops and cliffs on the Mountain.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) | 305 comments Mod
Tegan yawned as she woke up, exposing her sharp teeth. She walked out of the den and stretched, feeling more awake.

๖ۣۜƧilverlight Bell strode near the cave entrance. in her jaws hung a large mountain goat. Bell looked up seeing Tegan, she set the goat down, beside the cave."Hi." She greeted, cheerful of her catch.

message 4: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice scartched his ear before padding towards the girls. "nice catch, Bell" he nodded.

๖ۣۜƧilverlight Bell lifted her head, her eyes gleamed with pride.

Natasha  (ar y ffin) (Natasha_ar_y_ffin) | 305 comments Mod
"That is a nice catch," Tegan said to Bell. "Hi Crevice," she said.

message 7: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments "hello, Tegan" Crevice said, dipping his head in greeting.

๖ۣۜƧilverlight Bell stretched out her front legs, she was a little sore from when she lost her footing,and nearly fell off a cliff. She shook the thought, standing up straight again.

message 9: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments "you alright, Bell?" Crevice murmured, recognizing the light of pain in her eyes.

๖ۣۜƧilverlight "just a sore paw." Bell replied, she sat down, afraid her limp would give her away.

message 11: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments "I'm sorry." Crevice winced in sympathy. "anything I can do?"

๖ۣۜƧilverlight "I probely just need a rest." Bell admitted.

message 13: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice nodded. "I hope it gets better soon. is it swelling?"

๖ۣۜƧilverlight "No, i don't think so." Bell stood up,and limped past Crevice, and into the cave.

message 15: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice let her past. "I believe I shall go hunting."

๖ۣۜƧilverlight "Have fun, and be carful." Bell called to him, from inside the cave.

message 17: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice dipped his head in acknowledgement before padding out of camp.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Eve darted alongside the Mountain, on a common wore-down path. Years of traveling had left Cragg's pack with many trails and shortcuts to the best spots for food and shelters.
Her black pelt didn't stand out in the snow, as the ever-lasting winter was a mixture of coal blacks and alabaster whites.
She suddenly lunged upwards as the path went towards the sky, the path turning into a cliffside, and the trail becoming more narrow.
She glanced downwards. A single wrong foot could send her veering off the large Mountain and to her death. She didn't sweat it, though, as she had been doing this since she was a pup.
Eve finally arrived. The path had turned sharply, then overlooked another path a few feet down. A tree on the edge of the lower path held an eagles nest, with a few eggs nestled safely inside.
Eve extended her neck as far she could, and slowly stepped onto a sturdy branch. She stopped breathing, as not to alert the mother eagle. She swiftly leapt onto the tree branch, and began to make her way towards the eggs. She snatched one in her mouth, careful as not to break it, then jumped back to the safe ground. She wound around the paths, quickly coming to a small crevice in the mountain. She tucked the egg inside, and went back to retrieve the rest.

message 19: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice trotted through the snow, his wide paws allowing him not to sink in and leave tracks. The snow was dense, but not icy and slick, for which Crevice was grateful. It wasn't snowing, but the sky was cloudy- perfect weather, because the sunlight wasn't reflecting off the snow to blind him.
He was careful in his step as he passed the familiar terrain by, but he wasn't paying attention to sights. His focus was on smell and hearing- that was the only way to get by when you were most likely going to be blinded by snow in the next few heartbeats. He paused to open his jaws and scent the air. Clean. He moved on.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Soon Eve was walking into the Main Cave, with the last egg in her jaws. She had made three more trips back to the small crevice, and then four trips back the the Main Cave to deposit the eggs.
She set them gently in a small pile. All made up of eggs. It was one of their main food sources. But they always had to check each egg, if they weren't eaten soon, they would go bad. Though the cold temperature helped preserve them.

The alpha female rested for a moment, before heading out to do the normal patrol. I believe we'll run across a Messenger soon. It's almost time for the Report. She easily jogged across the worn paths, her tongue lolling out. Her eyes squinted shut as a large gust of wind blew through her fur, making her flinch.

message 21: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice looked around carefully, his eyes wide. He had been traveling for a while, and he was very close to their border with Frent's pack. He bared his teeth, looking around. Here was where the snow was mostly melted, and Crevice knew it was a good place to find smaller animals with tender meat.

He crouched, his black fur blending in with the revealed rocks. He sniffed the air, wrinkling his nose at the disgusting smell of the weak Frent wolves. But mixed in with the scent was the delicious smell of rabbit and mouse.

Crevice worked quickly and caught several rabbits hidden amongst the rocks. His step was light and silent, and the bunnies never saw it coming. It was late summer, so the rabbit breeding season was long over, but the young adult rabbits were surprised to find a predator amongst the rocks- the snakes found it to cold here still, the birds couldn't get into the cracks and crevices, and the wolves hardly ever came this far out.

Crevice stuffed the dead rabbits into his jaws and made his way back up the mountain.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Eve yawned, her eyes half closed as she weaved in and out of worn down trails. Her black tail streamed out behind her, and she stopped to mark their territory every few moments.

She passed the local herd of reindeer, stopping to simply admire their growth. It was a strong herd, which was ultimately bad news. It was hard enough to take down a weak deer on the cliff edges, but if they had brute strength it would make it far more dangerous.

Eve sighed, turning her head. Just another thing to worry about. She continued down the trails, before spotting a figure a few trails lower than her. She narrowed her eyes, about to send off a warning howl, before she realized it was one of her own. "Crevice!" She called out, as she began to make her way down towards her pack member.

message 23: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice grunted, his mouth full of rabbits.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

((O_O How was your post a minute before mine? Did you just break the fourth wall?))

Eve narrowly made her way down, taking a few shortcuts. Soon she was trotting alongside him. "Nice catch." She commented. Noticing how he was having difficulty carrying the prey, she gingery took one out of his mouth. "Here, let me help." She said through a mouthful of rabbit fur.

message 25: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments ((the what now? Idk, its been doing that all day!))

Crevice chuckled, his jaw sore from an hour of carrying rabbits.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

((lol, that's creepy.))

"We're almost there." She huffed as they made it up the final steep hill.

Eventually they reached the large "main cave", one of many shelters scattered throughout the mountain, though many wolves settle in the main cave.

Eve set her rabbit down in a small corner, by the eggs.

message 27: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments ((oh I know))

Crevice deposited his two rabbits there as well, spitting out the fur disgustedly.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Eve yawned, glaring at the large opening at the front of the cave, which constantly let freezing air in. She shivered, before sitting down and staring at Crevice. "So..." She began. Eve, for being an alpha, was terrible at communicating with her pack mates. She was more of a commander, and believed in doing everything perfect. She just had one goal; make these wolves survive.

message 29: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice scratched his ear, working his jaw painfully. "yes, Alpha?"

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Her head snapped up. Shoot! What do I say....I hardly know this wolf...
"Er...Any sign of the Messengers from the Lowlands? We should be expecting them soon." She started, her voice sounding very business like.

message 31: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice snapped to attention. "I haven't heard anything from either pack, Alpha" he replied. "If I had I would have delivered it strait to you."

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Eve nodded, her eyes drifting. Usually every wolf had something to do, but it was late in the day, all the patrols had been done, and they had a nice kill pile saved up.
"Crevice?" She asked. "Do you think I am too...harsh of a leader?" It was an ironic question, but Eve wanted a response.

message 33: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice blinked at her slowly. "No" he said honestly. "We need a firm paw to guide us. And thats you."

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Eve turned her head slightly, almost unsatisfied. "I just feel like I don't know half the wolves in my own pack. Most of the time I call you "Hunter" and not Crevice." She sighed, laying down and resting her head on her paws. "This season is always stressful. Most of the pack dissolves for mating season, and I've always had to stay behind with the few wolves that never leave to mate."

message 35: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice sat by his Alpha's side. "You're the Alpha. I would stand by you if you called me a crow. If we're being honest here, I will agree with you. It would be nice if you got to know us all better. But I respect the fact that you have more important things to think about, like protecting the pack, and feeding us through the winter."

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Eve nodded solemnly. "Thank you, Crevice." She barked, before blinking sleepily. "I think I'm turning in early, I'll see you in the morning." She said, getting up, and trotting into a small tunnel to the right of the cave.

message 37: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice nodded respectfully, staying where he was.

message 38: by Axela, Co-Author/Script Writer (new)

Axela | 219 comments Mod
Ashynna trotted around camp, a rabbit clamped in her jaws by the ears, looking for the Alpha. It was customary in her old Pack to present caught prey before adding it to a freshkill pile, though this Pack seemed not to have one. She decided it was worthwhile to present it anyways. She paused in front of a small cave, presumably where one of the wolves was asleep, and hushed her footsteps, though she was reasonably sure if she paused too long the scent of fresh meat would wake them.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Eve blinked her eyes open. She had only just settled down, so the mere sound of footsteps on the damp stoney floor woke her.
She lifted her head slowly, to see one of her hunters before her. She bowed her head lightly.
"Ashynna," She greeted. "Excellent catch. Crevice himself had luck with rabbit hunting, too. Feel free to add it to the pile." She informed the she-wolf.

message 40: by Axela, Co-Author/Script Writer (new)

Axela | 219 comments Mod
Ashynna inwardly glowed at the praise, and lowered herself considerably close to the ground, her belly fur brushing the stone.
"Zank you much, Miss'. Alzough I apologise for wakink you, I am honored by your praise. I bid you, sleep vell." She looked lovingly up at her Alpha and rose, respectfully meeting her eyes before slowly turning to look for the pile Eve had mentioned. She hadn't known there was one. Gute. Die Jäger werden immer besser darin.

[Translation: Good. The Hunters are getting better at this.]

message 41: by Sir Arthur (new)

Sir Arthur King of Britans (panthershark) | 280 comments Skid had failed to identify the borders to a local wolf pack, he was tracking deer he had spooked that morning up the mountain.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

The alpha yawned, resting her head on her paws once more. Ashynna's use of her accent gave her a slight headache, but she dismissed it as she fell asleep.

message 43: by Sir Arthur (last edited Dec 27, 2011 06:04PM) (new)

Sir Arthur King of Britans (panthershark) | 280 comments Skid followed the trail through the woods, he knew he had strayed from the trail, but only to hopefully cut the herd off further up. He wondered why they generally avoided this area.

message 44: by Sir Arthur (new)

Sir Arthur King of Britans (panthershark) | 280 comments Skid almost thought he had smelled wolves for a moment, but the breeze shifted, and his mind went back to tracking.

message 45: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice stared out of the cave into the snow beyond, his nose twitching and his posture tense. "Someone is nearby" he growled softly.

message 46: by Sir Arthur (new)

Sir Arthur King of Britans (panthershark) | 280 comments Skid was only taking a shortcut through this land. He was not following the herd's trail, because they avoided this area. He was hoping to cut them off before they bedded down. Because of this, he was not en guard, not trying to sense danger.

message 47: by Rainheart (new)

Rainheart (rainstarnc) | 390 comments Crevice got to his large paws, his hackles raised, his lips curled into a snarl to display his large fangs. He took a step forward, then paused, awaiting his Alpha's signal.

message 48: by Sir Arthur (new)

Sir Arthur King of Britans (panthershark) | 280 comments Skid trotted, completely in his own mind, he had no clue how close he was to danger.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Eve got up, her ears set flat against her head.
"Let's go see who it is." She growled lowly, setting off at a brisk trot.
There was no need to hold back with stray wolves, as everyday they had Lowlanders attempting to trespass.

message 50: by Sir Arthur (new)

Sir Arthur King of Britans (panthershark) | 280 comments Skid was wondering how large this place was, there not yet any sign of the herd.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16