City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Which last name do you think Jace should use?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 124 (124 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Whitney Wayland? Lightwood? Herondale?
I can't decide...

Jennifer Hard one but I would say Lightwood since they are his real family. They are the ones who raised him and loved him.

Lupita lightwood

Sofie I like Wayland. I think he should keep the first, last name we were introduced, otherwise he'll just confuse me ;)

Valerie Lightwood because it was the only name he ever knew. Besides, I want him to be related to Isabelle!

Lavender I think Wayland.

Andrea Herondale!

Vanessa i like Jace Wayland better :)

Bookaholic Wayland

Nicole qwerty Emerald wrote: "Even though his real family is Lightwood....I quite like the sound of Wayland and I think he should take that one!"

i agree i hought of him as wayland and it took me a whilt to understand his true idenity so wayland is the best for him

Donna I think Jace Wayland sounds better but I think he should really be called Jace Lightwood :-)

Jessica Lightwood.

Erika Donna wrote: "I think Jace Wayland sounds better but I think he should really be called Jace Lightwood :-)"

Agree

Elaina Jace Herondale Lightwood, maybe. Wayland sounds good, but honestly there is no connection to that family for him, so why use it.

message 15: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Jace wayland sounds the best but he should take Lightwood because they're his family :)

Laura I still think of him as "Jace Wayland" in my head! :)

Veronica Jace Herondale

Melissa Lightwood

Hannah Lightwood

message 20: by Alexa (last edited Dec 21, 2011 05:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexa Lightwood because herondale dosen't fit his personality and wayland never belonged to him

Jamielyn Wayland. Because Jace Wayland is more ear candy and it's the first name he used. :)

Rylee Galy Lightwood because he never really was a Herondale or a Wayland. :D

Morgan Herondale-Lightwood

Katherine I think for now he should go by Lightwood (as he is), and a few years down the road when he and Clary get married (face it, it's happening someday) they should both take the name of Herondale.
It just doesn't seem to fit that Clary would become a Lightwood. And although they are his family, in the long run Jace should have his rightful name. I just think it would work out well.

Matilda Rose I like the sound of Jace Lightwood. Plus, it has meaning because they are his family, the ones who loved him and raised him. You shouldn't have to take the name of your biological father/mother just because they were technically your parents if it doesn't mean anything to you.

Plus, I think he'll take Lightwood over Herondale as a symbollic way of the Herondales and Lightwoods (as in from ID series) reconciling and becoming one family, more or less.

I kind of feel sorry for him. Having the last name Herondale, then Wayland, then Morgenstern, then Lightwood. That's a long list.

Oh, and what name is Clary going to take? Do you think she'll keep Fray, because that was her mother's fake last name that she grew up with, or Fairchild, or Morgernstern, or Luke's last name after the wedding? And which one then? Garroway or Graymark?

It's astonishing. These people have so many, many last names.

Ela Matilda wrote: "I like the sound of Jace Lightwood. Plus, it has meaning because they are his family, the ones who loved him and raised him. You shouldn't have to take the name of your biological father/mother ju..."

It's a wonder these people have to identity issues, what with all the names they have.

And I agree with Katherine. Jace should take Lightwood for the time being but, when him and Clary get married, they should take Herondale. It sounds nice too:

Jace and Clary Herondale. Doesn't it?

Matilda Rose Ela wrote: "Matilda wrote: "I like the sound of Jace Lightwood. Plus, it has meaning because they are his family, the ones who loved him and raised him. You shouldn't have to take the name of your biological ..."

That actually does sound nice. Has a certain ring to it. But I like Jace & Clary Lightwood too.

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Whitney wrote: "Wayland? Lightwood? Herondale?
I can't decide..."

Does it matter?

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Ela wrote: "Matilda wrote: "I like the sound of Jace Lightwood. Plus, it has meaning because they are his family, the ones who loved him and raised him. You shouldn't have to take the name of your biological ..."

Or she could keep her maiden name.

Blake waterson hearnold

Katherine Also, if he didn't take the name of Herondale, the Herondale's would die out. That'd be really sad.

message 32: by Dace (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dace Maddox I kind of imagine the shadowhunters to be really big on bloodlines etc, so I suppose he should be Herondale, but definitely prefer the sound of Wayland. Bit meh about him using Lightwood

Andrez either herondale, because it's his biological family's surname, or Lightwood, because it's his adopted family's

Mallory Herondale!

Elena Well, Herondale. Herondale pride.

Abiie Jennifer wrote: "Hard one but I would say Lightwood since they are his real family. They are the ones who raised him and loved him."

LIGHTWOOD! <3

Kensley Jace Herondale-Lightwoood.

message 38: by Dee (last edited Jan 22, 2012 05:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Herondale, because I read The Infernal Devices with Will Herondale, and they are so alike it would just make scense. Plus in all actuality he is a Herondale after all. But if I could choose a second it would be Wayland bc thats what I first knew him as.

message 39: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Lightwood.

Olivia Jace Wayland.....it just sounds right.

Summer Lane Olivia wrote: "Jace Wayland.....it just sounds right."

I agree. I like how Wayland sounds with his name. :D

message 42: by Mig (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mig Summer Ellen wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Jace Wayland.....it just sounds right."

I agree. I like how Wayland sounds with his name. :D"

Me too! fits perfectly.

Elena Funny how Jace Wayland is the first name that comes to mind when we think about him, yet Wayland was the only person who did not have any contact with him. Morgenstern brought him up, Herondale was his biological father, and the Lightwoods adopted him.
:')

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Herondale because it's Will's last name and his real last name. Lightwood is also good for him.

Rania you know how Jace won the YA sisterhood tournement,he did a interview with them lol. ppl asked him what is your real name he said Jace Lightwood. later he said im Jace Wayland- Morgenstern- Herondale- Lightwood. lol

I love Jace Herondale. bc I love Will Herondale. ;)

Rania but hes not a wayland or a morgenstern or a lightwood. he is a real Herondale.

Silvia Lighwood

Desiree Schreck I think he should use Herondale but i dont mind Lightwood :)

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ While I like the sounds of Wayland better, I think it should be Lightwood because that's who his true family is. They gave him his first name (Jace, I mean), why not give him the last name too?

Desiree Schreck not a bad idea

« previous 1 3