Regency Era Novels discussion

Regency Christian Romance???

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexia (new)

Alexia (acasper3) I have read all of Julie Klassen's novels and I know about Catherine Palmers and Lori Wick English Garden series. I don't want explicit sex scenes just tension and flirtation etc.

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna (stregamari) | 26 comments I'll have to look for those authors. I think most of the regency and historical fiction from the 20's to the early 80's is pretty smut free, and often written better.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane Farr | 5 comments The message is under the surface, but there ... and some Biblical references as well: PLAYING TO WIN by yours truly. http://www.amazon.com/Playing-to-Win-...

The hero uses some strong language, however. :)

Diane Farr

message 4: by Abby (new)

Abby (abbygaines) | 4 comments My Regency Christian romance The Earl's Mistaken Bride, is out at the start of December. You can read an excerpt here http://abbygaines.com/the-earls-mista... . It's a light-hearted story, lots of flirtation...

message 5: by Linore (new)

Linore (linrose) | 7 comments Hey everyone,

Speaking of Christian Regencies, you'll want to take advantage of this. For a limited time only, my publisher is giving away my first regency FREE on Kindle. Here's the link: get it while it's free!
Click Here.

Promotion is good only 11/18-11/29. Download it and save it for a snowy day! (Yes, it is a COMFORT read.) : )

Linore Rose Burkard
http://www.LinoreBurkard.com

message 6: by Alexia (new)

Alexia (acasper3) Linore wrote: "Hey everyone,

Speaking of Christian Regencies, you'll want to take advantage of this. For a limited time only, my publisher is giving away my first regency FREE on Kindle. Here's the link: get it ..."

I read your books a couple of months ago. "Before the Season Ends" is by far by most favorite Regency period book that I have read. I love love love it!!!!

message 7: by Linore (new)

Linore (linrose) | 7 comments Thank you, Alexia! I'm so pleased to hear it. Please tell your friends about this chance to get it for free. For those without e-readers, Kindle has a free app they can download for pcs, ipads, etc., and then they can get the book. The promotion ends 11/29.
Thanks again. I hope you're on mailing list! (If not, please sign up on my website. www.LinoreBurkard.com)
Hugs, : )
Linore

message 8: by Kara (last edited Jun 15, 2013 07:14PM) (new)

Kara | 1 comments Some of my favorite christian regency novels are Lori Wick's Series: Kensington Chronicles. There are four books in the series. In true Lori Wick style, the characters of each book you meet along the way. They are pretty light reading, but very fun. I read them in high school and reread them about twice a year (I am weird like that...re-reading is like visiting old friends).

*oops I need to clarify, I guess these books are more within the Victorian era. Sorry! But they are still worth the read :)

message 9: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) | 23 comments I remember reading those, too! I enjoyed them.

message 10: by Darina (new)

Darina Try any of Candice Hern's novels. Not exactly Christian but there are no sexual scenes and the novels are lovely and heartfluttery.

message 11: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) | 23 comments I love Candice Hern! There are actually a lot of the old category Regency romances that were very clean. One of my favorite authors was Joan Smith--she was very funny and her stories were always very clean.

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 26 comments I'm answering your call for Christian Regency romances a bit late but if you are still looking you might like to take a look at Hide in Time. There's the Christian message of it's not enough just to say sorry, you should try to put things right. It's a bit difficult to do that sometimes but the heroine, Laura, even risks her life to put things right for the man she misjudged and left behind.

message 13: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) | 23 comments I just got Moonlight Masquerade by Ruth Axtell. The cover is gorgeous and it looks like it'll be a great book. Ruth writes Christian Regency for both Love Inspired Historical and now Revell.

message 14: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 45 comments Try Regina Scott's books for Love Inspired. Those of us who are not into Christian books can enjoy them.

message 15: by Charity (new)

Charity Andrews (goodreadscomatransparentmom) | 8 comments Catherine Palmer has a great regency series

message 16: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 45 comments The best one that I read was All the Tea in China by Jane Orcutt. It was smart, fun and sweet.