Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Book of the Month > November 2011 Book is. . . .

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela Cheney | 255 comments Mod
The November 2011 Nook Book of the Month is. . . .
The Night Circus
by Erin Morgenstern
4.14 · rating details · 7,087 ratings · 2,462 reviews
The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night.

Time to check out another reading experience with a very strange circus, and somehow it seems very appropriate for the month that ushers in longer nights. . . .

Be sure to post any comments, thoughts, about the book in this discussion thread throughout the month. . . .

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane (dcl55) | 29 comments This sounds like a great choice!

☕️Kimberly   (kimbacaffeinate) wahoo! just ordered it :)

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane (dcl55) | 29 comments I am waiting on the book through my library. I am #2 of 3 so I hope it becomes available before the month is out :)
DianeL

message 5: by Danica (new)

Danica | 14 comments I have around 40 pages left to read on my Nook. It is fantastic! Favorite book of the year so far, and on of my tops. The whole time reading it I just can't wait for the movie, because it paints a beautiful and magical picture. I heard somewhere that this came from a contest in which it was written in 30 days... It is fantastic.

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela Cheney | 255 comments Mod
Sadly, I'm STILL waiting for this to become available to me, in either audio format, or epub, and both formats from two different libraries! I can't wait, but am so close on all four lists, that it seems silly to buy it now. I'll just have to be patient a little longer. . . .

message 7: by Becomingme (new)

Becomingme | 9 comments This is a wonderful book! I have to agree with Danica...I just finished today. The colours are vivid and the author paints such a vivid picture. Not sure if a Movie could do it justice, though I think it would HAVE to be done by Tim Burton, it just feels like that.

I do hope others will be able to talk...my first thing is...who really is Mr. A.H? And though we do know his first name, what is his last name? Who is he supposed to represent?

message 8: by Danica (new)

Danica | 14 comments I wondered the same thing about Mr. H. Maybe a Houdini? I don't know. I agree about Tim Burton!