B&N Nook Color & Tablet Users discussion

B&N related > Nook Tablet coming soon

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (mnemosynthe) | 63 comments Mod
It looks like a new Nook is coming out. The Nook Tablet, it's pretty much like the Nook Color but with upgraded specs. (ref: Engadget)
Is anyone going to get it? Will people sell their current Nook Colors to get the Nook Tablet?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll stick with my current Nook Color for the time being. This one does everything I need it to do -- and I havent even owned it a full year yet. The one drawback I'm starting to experience with the Nook Color is eye fatigue from the back-lighting, so I'd more than likely go to the Nook Touch when my NC conks out. I definitely dont need to watch videos on it. :-/

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mgauffant) Nope..but I am happy that we are getting an update so that we can watch movies on Nook Color. That's handy for traveling!

message 4: by Neil (new)

Neil (rucknrun) I will wait till the Nook Color update comes before I consider getting the tablet. I like the idea of it though. MORE POWER!

message 5: by Kat (new)

Nook Tablet on B&N.

I am wondering if B&N will give current Color users an upgrade option for the Tablet. I'm with you Neil on the "more power" would be much appreciated :) Has anyone heard of that option yet?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I have heard that Nook Color owners will be getting an update in Dec, but don't know the specifics of what it'll involve. I turn off my wifi when I'm not using it to save some power but I'd sure like a way to preserve battery life as well.

message 7: by MissSusie (last edited Nov 10, 2011 12:09PM) (new)

MissSusie I too am hoping the upgrade will improve battery strength mine runs out so fast but I just asked them for a replacement power cord as I was told there is a manufacturers flaw in the one that came with my nook.

What I am a bit upset about is I just bought my nook 3 months ago it would have been nice if they would have mentioned hey we have a tablet coming out in a few months for the same price. I would have waited and still bought from them for the same money.

Will be curious just what upgrades we will be getting.

message 8: by Kat (new)

I think it's awesome how people are going to stick with their Color. I'd be interested in seeing how much lighter the Tablet is compared to the Color. That may be one major reason to switch up for me since I'm pretty much satisfied with the Color for the most part. Although, I haven't had too many battery issues. If I were to use it constantly, I still get about 8 hours with the wifi off. With occasional use I can get about week even with the wifi on.

Some more Tablet pics and video Engadget unboxing.

message 9: by RuthG (new)

RuthG Kat wrote: "I think it's awesome how people are going to stick with their Color. I'd be interested in seeing how much lighter the Tablet is compared to the Color. That may be one major reason to switch up for ..."

I went to Barnes and Noble today and compared them both. The Tablet is approximately 1 and 1/2 ounces lighter. It's noticeable but not a big difference. I sticking with the Color but was impressed with the Tablet.