SciFi and Fantasy eBook Club discussion

General Topics > Need Short Story Recommendations!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (new)

Erika Tamblin (ETamblin) | 8 comments Hi All,
I have been loving reading sci-fi and fantasy short stories ever since I found Elle Lapraim, but now I have read all of hers and want more. Does anyone have any short story recommendations in these genres?

message 2: by Patrick (new)

Patrick O'Connor | 63 comments Look at the HaChii Concatenation trilogy on Amazon Kindle...

message 3: by Todd (new)

Todd Shryock (tshryock) | 1 comments I recommend anything by Alex Le Soum. They are sci-fi, but good stories. Be warned that they do contain some adult content, so if you don't like that, then stay away.
I have a collection of stories as well, Tales of the Sword, which you can learn more about both here and on Amazon. No adult content in mine.

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert Collins Every time this question comes up, no matter where, I have the same answer: go to Ralan.com (http://www.ralan.com/). It's a markets site, but SF/F readers can use it, too. You can use it to find online, digital, and print magazines that are publishing short stories.

Yes, I do have short story ebooks available. Still, magazines are a great way to sample authors and find new favorites. Hope you'll find some worth your time and money.

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy Goodwin | 42 comments I know that Kristine Kathryn Rusch has been publishing a bunch of her short stories to various formats--if you go to her blog, she also features a short story for free every Monday.

www.kristinekathrynrusch.com

(also feel free to check out mine, available on Kindle, some also at Barns and Noble and Smashwords).

message 6: by Charles (new)

Charles (nogdog) I have 2 words for you: Harlan Ellison.

;-)

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 49 comments Checkout out Engraved on the Eye by Saladin Ahmed. Also I have a free fantasy short story The Viscount and the Witch.

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Osborn (stephanie_osborn) | 6 comments Not to toot my own horn, but my ebook, The Fetish, is an EPIC Award Finalist short story and is available on Kindle and Nook.

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 0 comments Checkout some of the collections edited by Martin H. Greenberg for a really big variety including hardcore SF and off the wall stuff like Fantasy Gone Wrong; After Hours: Tales from Ur-Bar; The Modern Fae's Guide to Surviving Humanity; Legends; Legends II; Legends 3; The Mammoth Book Of Extreme Science Fiction and assorted "Mammoth Book of…" titles.