Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > New England Crime Bake

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Those of you in the Boston area - I am headed your way.

This coming weekend is the New England Crime Bake (Nov 11 - 13) at the Hilton in Dedham, Mass. The guests of honor are Nancy Pickard and Barry Eisler. I still have fond memories of Al Blanchard.

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3588 comments Cheryl wrote: "Those of you in the Boston area - I am headed your way.

This coming weekend is the New England Crime Bake (Nov 11 - 13) at the Hilton in Dedham, Mass. The guests of honor are Nancy Pickard and ..."

Wish I could be there!!!

message 3: by Ann (last edited Nov 05, 2011 02:28PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14207 comments I miss Al too, Cheryl! He always provided a fun conversation on the MT board.
Cheryl wrote: "Those of you in the Boston area - I am headed your way.
I still have fond memories of Al Blanchard. "

message 4: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Yeah.....

Ann wrote: "I miss Al too, Cheryl! He always provided a fun conversation on the MT board.
I still have fond memories of Al Blanchard. ""

message 5: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Nov 05, 2011 03:18PM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments I attended a couple of these and the panels were great fun. Janet Evanovich was the guest author one year and boy was it a treat to see her in a one-on-one interview, without all the craziness that her book signings bring. One speaker was a local ME and she showed up in an evening gown. She said she had so few occasions where she got to dress up that she made the most of her speaking engagements. She was a hoot, as you can imagine. And fascinating.
Dedham isn't far so if I get inspired I may pop in. I'll go look at the schedule and see if it's too late to register.

This coming weekend is the New England Crime Bake (Nov 11 - 13) at the Hilton in Dedham, Mass. The guests of honor are Nancy Pickard and ..."

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14207 comments I hope you are able to go too, Carol!
I completely missed the recent Southern Festival of Books and still regret the tight schedule that prevented it.
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Dedham isn't far so if I get inspired I may pop in. I'll go look at the schedule and see if it's too late to register"

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3569 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "I attended a couple of these and the panels were great fun. Janet Evanovich was the guest author one year and boy was it a treat to see her in a one-on-one interview, without all the craziness tha..."

registration is full. i checked..lol
thought it might be a good day trip!

message 8: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Oh pooh. Oh well.

Sherry wrote: "registration is full. i checked..lol
thought it might be a good day trip!
..."

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14207 comments How dare they not make room for the two of you to attend too! ;)

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3569 comments Ann wrote: "How dare they not make room for the two of you to attend too! ;)"

just wait until barry finds out.

message 11: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2942 comments I have been closely watching the situation.

message 12: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3472 comments This reminded of something strange that happened to me a month ago. My sister asked me who Al was and at the time it was a blank and I asked her is it someone we know and she said no me but you might. then when she started telling me this story how she went and googled our names or had my bil do it because she remembered in the past how I said if you write in your name stuff comes up. it did hit me after awhile who Al was and how I knew his name. I had put a message on the funeral parlor site or someplace at the time when he passted and it came up on google. so I had to explain who he was. it was strange because before she told me where she saw the message I kind of wondered how she knew exactly what I wrote. It just shows you how things come back after years.