Good YA Series discussion

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
This topic is about City of Fallen Angels
The Mortal Instruments > What do you think of City of Fallen Angels?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Nov 23, 2011 08:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
How did you guys feel about City of Fallen Angels?
City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare
I didn't know what to except when I started this book. I really liked it overall. I'm expecting better in City of Lost Souls though.

Even though Jace and Clary were going through something in this book, I'm glad they kept trying. My favorite Jace and Clary moment was in Jace's dream when she came to his room in the middle of the night, and they were about to get it on.

I didn't know what to make of Simon this book. I couldn't decide between being angry at him for not choosing between Isabelle and Maia or feeling sorry for him. I couldn't make that for decision for him either. I love them both with Simon, and I couldn't tell which one was better for Simon. They are both so different.

Speaking of Isabelle and Maia. They were both going through some of their own personally drama. Maia saw her abusive ex-boyfriend again (hopefully he's changed), and Isabelle tells us why Robert Lightwood is gone all the time (he's a cheater). I felt for both of them. Plus, I'm conflicted about Jordan. The way he is now is all hot and sexy, but then I think about the things he's done to Maia and I just can't seem to trust him. What do you guys think about Jordan?

To see this book's poll click here.

saga (iyagi) I like Jordan, I guess I'm a sucker for apologies. I trust too easily when I shouldn't!

Claire | 9 comments it was a transition book from one story to the next. you always get one weaker book than the rest. Saying that it one of few boks that left me shouting "NNNNNOOOOO" at the end! it will make the next 2 books really interesting she has a nice mixture of characters all in play and in good positions to go forward. Can't wait 'til next year. Oh answering your question......Jordons hot and worth the risk.

Rebecca | 41 comments I thought the book was good but I hated the cliffhanger :(

Ashley (readerandwriter) Yeah same here Rebecca... that left it in a bad moment and bad vibe.

Rebecca | 41 comments Exactly and I hate how Sebastian is in Jace. I don't mind that he's back I just don't like how it's in Jace

Rebecca wrote: "Exactly and I hate how Sebastian is in Jace. I don't mind that he's back I just don't like how it's in Jace"

i love how ur calling him 'it'. i was screaming at the the book when that happened; things like, "how is no one checking on jace right now just something like this happens"

Rebecca | 41 comments lol I didnt even notice I did that :P

Ashley (readerandwriter) It makes you wonder how she will start the next books. Because Cassandra stopped the book in the middle of a scene.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

gonna read it soon but hearing/reading what y'all have to say about this book then I have got to read it now! (i own it)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

LOVE IT!

Melody Ashley wrote: "It makes you wonder how she will start the next books. Because Cassandra stopped the book in the middle of a scene."

I found that to be an EXTREMELY irritating way to end this book!! But I guess it really sets us up for wanting the next books.

After this book I really hope Isabelle takes Simon more seriously as a boyfriend. I would much rather see Maia with Jordan. And the whole Magnus/Alec romance is adorable and slightly amusing.

Arushi (arushilisa) though CoFA annoyed me in quite a few ways, jace's being possessed topping the list...im still looking forward to CoLS. i want to see what will happen. izzy and simon all the way. and i love magnus and alec. i dont like maia to be honest. or jordan. but for the sake of a HEA, it might happen in the 6th when simon realizes he cant have isabelle and maia.

whats the name of the to-be sixth? city of heavenly fire? i missed the 3-word titles. plus, the first three were really really really good, esp CoG. oh well. maybe my opinion will change as i read the next two. im still waiting to see the ending of the series. though my guess is it'll be a HEA.

Kinga (xzellaz) | 5 comments It was a great continuation of the first three, I loved it all the way, Magnus and Alec, Simon and Isabelle. But the very last paragraph or chapter(don't know already) with Seb and Jace made my day sink to the end of a bottom...Sure..I'm glad my oh so sadist Seb is back, but I want my oh so hot and bossy Jace too...
That doesn't mean I want them back as ONE.

message 15: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana (dana-lisa) I know this is bad but I never ended up reading it. I read the first 3 and they were just purely amazing but when I tried to read this one, I felt it was way to slow at the beginning and since I have no patience, I just stopped reading it after about the 4th chapter. I want to try to read it again but I, for some reason, don't feel that pull I felt when I read City Of Glass. I think I have just shut myself out of it and my friken hard head won't let it back in! Why must I continue to let my head take control? (yeah, that sounded really stupid and restarted... oh well!)

Christina | 2 comments Hey everyone I just finished reading this book and loved it except the ending. And now I'm reading clockwork prince. So there is one thing bugging me. Camille had told magnus that Alec looked like Will and then Alec asked Camille himself who Will was. I had the impression that Will and Jace were related not Will and Alec. Did I just read it wrong? Did she mean Jace looked like Will?

Minouschka (minous) | 7 comments Christina wrote: "Hey everyone I just finished reading this book and loved it except the ending. And now I'm reading clockwork prince. So there is one thing bugging me. Camille had told magnus that Alec looked like ..."

Camille ment Will and Alec look alike (same hair color ,same eyes etc.). jace is an descendant of Will. that's how i remember it.

Mychele (mycheleanjelica) Christina wrote: "Hey everyone I just finished reading this book and loved it except the ending. And now I'm reading clockwork prince. So there is one thing bugging me. Camille had told magnus that Alec looked like ..."

She meant Will and Alec but I have a feeling that they are all related somehow.

Mychele wrote: "Christina wrote: "Hey everyone I just finished reading this book and loved it except the ending. And now I'm reading clockwork prince. So there is one thing bugging me. Camille had told magnus that..."

That would be really annoying considering that Alec had this major crush on Jace in City of Bones and Clare already went with the incest angle.

Mychele (mycheleanjelica) Crystal wrote: "Mychele wrote: "Christina wrote: "Hey everyone I just finished reading this book and loved it except the ending. And now I'm reading clockwork prince. So there is one thing bugging me. Camille had ..."

But I don't think Alec really "loved'" Jace. I think he used him as a scapegoat for his homosexual feelings.

Christina | 2 comments Thanks guys! Now that I read my questions I feel like an idiot haha. Cannot wait for COLS and clockwork princess!