Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Totally Off Topic > Thank You for Introducing Black Dagger Brotherhood

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 219 comments I become interested in reading a few months ago and joined goodreads. I joined this group then came across a topic on book suggestions, there I read a post from someone suggesting the Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward . At first I was a bit skeptical but I still gave it a shot.

So, anyway, I would just like to thank that person whoever you are, for introducing me to the Brothers. Now, Im completely and devotedly addicted to the series. Thank you so much

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan I am next Crystal! I'm going to find all the books and then read them one right after the other!! Glad to hear you are addicted! Hope it happens to me too!! :)

message 3: by P.A. (new)

P.A. Lupton (palupton) | 909 comments Isn't it good, it's one of my favorites. I just discovered recently that there is a novella that I had no clue about and I've reread that series at least 3 times. If you're going to read them all the novella is Father Mine Zsadist and Bella's Story (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6.5) by J.R. Ward I think it goes in between the 6th and 7th book.

message 4: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 219 comments @Susan- good luck.. I hope you'll love it too..
@P.A.- glad to hear you like BDB too. Ive recently reread Father Mine. Man, Z takes my heart away every time. :D

Rachel the Book Harlot | 114 comments This is one of my all time favorite book series. :)

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan I now have all the books ,downloaded to my IPad2.......here I go!!!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarealist) | 55 comments I LOVE the Brothers!

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Loved this series. Rhage & Rhevenge are my favorites with Zsadist coming in third.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarealist) | 55 comments Rhage is the best, how he sees Mary even though she doesn't know why...sigh. Then I love Zhadist next.

message 10: by P.A. (new)

P.A. Lupton (palupton) | 909 comments Michelle(Chelle) wrote: "Loved this series. Rhage & Rhevenge are my favorites with Zsadist coming in third."

For me it's Vishous and then Zsadist is a very close second. Hard not to like V when he knows his way around a whip. LOL

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarealist) | 55 comments I think V would be the sexiest in real life.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) P.A. wrote: "Michelle(Chelle) wrote: "Loved this series. Rhage & Rhevenge are my favorites with Zsadist coming in third."

For me it's Vishous and then Zsadist is a very close second. Hard not to like V when ..."

I assume he is Alana's favorite too - right??

The main problem I had with V's story was the whole Jane/ghost thing. That is not my thing.

message 13: by P.A. (new)

P.A. Lupton (palupton) | 909 comments Michelle(Chelle) wrote: "P.A. wrote: "Michelle(Chelle) wrote: "Loved this series. Rhage & Rhevenge are my favorites with Zsadist coming in third."

For me it's Vishous and then Zsadist is a very close second. Hard not to l..."

Oh yeah, I hated the ghost thing. V's story was not my favorite but he's my favorite brother. Have you seen the photos on the Hot guy thread of V. Awesome.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarealist) | 55 comments I know, he has all these badass qualities, intelligence, mhis, visions, etc. and I don't feel like his story really did him justice. I wasn't feeling the love...and I don't like that Jane is a part-time solid ghost.
They also dicked over Phury, oh well, I'll stop complaining because I still LOVE these books!

message 15: by P.A. (new)

P.A. Lupton (palupton) | 909 comments Sarah wrote: "I know, he has all these badass qualities, intelligence, mhis, visions, etc. and I don't feel like his story really did him justice. I wasn't feeling the love...and I don't like that Jane is a part..."

Of all the story's I HATE what she did to Phury. To me he was self sacrificing and loving, always there for his brother wanting him to be happy--I loved him. THen she made me hate him. I also felt no spark between him and Cormia, if fact by the end I almost felt like he still loved Bella and settled for Cormia. He said the right words--but his actions up to that point showed more spark with Bella. Disappointing.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) P.A. wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I know, he has all these badass qualities, intelligence, mhis, visions, etc. and I don't feel like his story really did him justice. I wasn't feeling the love...and I don't like that ..."

You have perfectly summed up my feelings about Phury as well P.A. He was my favorite behind Rhage right up until Ward wrote his story.

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarealist) | 55 comments P.A. wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I know, he has all these badass qualities, intelligence, mhis, visions, etc. and I don't feel like his story really did him justice. I wasn't feeling the love...and I don't like that ..."

That was, by far, my least favorite book. I feel like he sacrificed everything and then ended up settling, EXACTLY! I think he does still and will always love Bella but suppresses the feelings. And on top of that, what was the point of having him populate with the Chosen if they were just going to drop the story line? I mean, I'd rather not read about it again, but since it was brought up...
The best books were Wrath, Rhage, Zhadist, Rhevenge and Johns. They had actual connections I could feel.

Do you want a Quinn/Blay conclusion as much as I do?! Forget these new people and give me more of the ones we adore!