Active GoodReaders discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived threads > Group reads nominations for January

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda (lindacee) | 392 comments Mod
Please nominate a book for our December read-a-long!

message 2: by Rohan (new)

Rohan | 5 comments Adverbs by Daniel Handler

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) Sorry, I'm new and foolish... is there a genre or theme to nominate too, or nomnate anything interesting?

message 4: by The Pirate Ghost (last edited Nov 08, 2011 08:09AM) (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) Okay, how about The Monkey's Raincoat by Robert Crais, which is the first book in his Elvis Cole series (which includes his Joe Pike Character, but Joe doesn't have his own book until about 12, The Watchman).

I'm a huge Joe Pike fan (The character) I'm very interested in Elvis Cole. Robert Crais is a wonderful writer.

The Monkey's Raincoat (Elvis Cole, #1) by Robert Crais The Watchman (Joe Pike, #1) by Robert Crais

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) Read the Watchman in the Action Adventure Afficionado's group, everyone seems to like "The Watchman" best. That's "Joe Pike #1" (but also Elvis Cole #12). You don't need to read anything but the watchman to enjoy it. Trust me, chapter one will get your attention straight away!

message 6: by Pam (new)

Pam (pam53) | 5 comments I don't like the Joe Pike books but never read the first one-I'll try it.

message 7: by Pam (new)

Pam (pam53) | 5 comments what kind of book? I'm new too-any genre?

message 8: by Pam (new)

Pam (pam53) | 5 comments ok got to think a bit

message 9: by Linda (new)

Kyle wrote: "Sure. No prob."

Hey Kyle! Thanks for taking care of this thread while I was AWOL! And you are absolutely right, any genre is great.

message 10: by Linda (new)

General announcement!!!!

These nominations will be for January! So you still have the month of December to get in your favorite books and the winner of November's poll will be our read-a-long book for December.

message 11: by Dierdra (new)

Dierdra McGill (dierdramcgill) | 112 comments Mod
Ok so I have like 1k books on my TBR list, hmm I think I am addicted to finding new books?! I need a meeting or something! ;) Anyway I can't wait to read Jan. book with everyone! :) I will try to squeeze in a nomination or two tomorrow.

message 12: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) I am going to nominate Mudbound by Hilary Norman.

Is it too late to nominated this title? It is now January 1st.

message 13: by Linda (new)

Nancy wrote: "I am going to nominate Mudbound by Hilary Norman.

Is it too late to nominated this title? It is now January 1st."

We're going to start the poll today, so you're just in time!

message 14: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) Thanks Linda for including this title.

message 15: by Linda (new)

No problem Nancy! It sounds like one I'll have to my list anyway, I'm trying to read a few less "frivolous" books in 2012 and this sounds like it would be a good one to start with.

message 16: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) I too am trying to read less frivolous book since I am stupidly hooked on to some of The Real Housewives shows. I neve rgot into Desperate Housewives and call Rea Housewives my guilty pleasure.

And put Mudbound on your TBR list. It was one of my top 10's this year along with Little Bee.

message 17: by Cora Nicole (new)

Cora Nicole (crzymusicgirl95) Thirteen Reasons Why! I already started it, but I can stop reading it for now if it makes the list :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.