Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga, #3) Tiger's Voyage discussion

Is it better to love so much that you can't give them up? OR to to love them so much that you can let them go?

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

BGirl This was the question that I went over and over in my head as I was reading Tiger's Voyage. Wren loved Kelsey so much that he gave up being with her so that she could be safe, but now after he has his memories back says he can't live without her and he won't let her be with Kishan and won't stop fighting for her. While Kishan says he loves her so much that if she choses Wren then he will always be there for her even if it's just as a friend. So wut do you guys think?

Angela It is a heart breaking love triangle. I hate love triangles. Either way it goes, one on the brothers will be hurt. I don't know how Kelsey can live happily ever after with either brother, knowing that the other brother will long for her. Overall, I like both brothers, but favor Ren. But I don't want the series to end and I am left feeling sad knowing that either Ren or Kishan is heart broken by Kelsey's ultimate choice. I am hoping that the series ends with a HEA for Ren, Kishan and Kelsey and even Mr. Kadam. But in my opinion, I think the clues are pointing to my man.."Ren". Kelsey has a bond with him and there is passion between them when they touch or kiss. In addition to Ren having the ability to strengthen Kelsey's powers. She doesn't have any of this with Kishan, at this point at least.

Danielle this is a very hard qusetion because she loves both brothers and does not want to hurt either one of them but there is the fact that Ren said he did not want to be with kelsey on the boat and she said that if u do this then u can never come back. so i guess there is your answer cuz personlly i like Kishan better and believe that kelsey would be happer with him but there is the fact that 'the heart wants what the heart wants'

Elizabeth You know, I was pondering the same thing through the whole book.
I like them both, but I think Ren is better for Kelsey.
I would like some lady to appear for Kishan, because I don't want him to end up alone, but Ren is my favorite.

I think it's better to love so much, and to be so sure of that love, that you won't let go. The only reason Kelsey chose Kishan at the end of TV is because she's terrified that she'll somehow lose Ren again, and she's not ready for that.
But it's not fair to Kishan that she only wants him because he's the ''safe'' choice.

Kelsey and Ren are meant to be together, they have a connection that no matter how much Kelsey might want to deny, is still there. A connection that will never let her be happy with Kishan.

But there's still 2 more books to go, and I am scared that Ren will do something hero-like again and get himself killed no no no. I cried so much during TQ and then when Kelsey chose Kishan in TV, I only hope in the next book Kesley makes the right choice.

This is only my opinion of course. I can't wait for the next book. July 3d can't come soon enough!

Veronica Elizabeth wrote: "You know, I was pondering the same thing through the whole book.
I would like some lady to appear for Kishan, because I don't want him to e..."

I like what you said. At the same time, I feel like if Kelsey's parents had never died she wouldn't have this wall up and fear that she'll loose Ren at any moment. She has a right to fear him dying/leaving because she knows what it feels like, but what if she didn't? Would they be together now? Would she be with Kishan? Would she have been so heartbroken that she couldn't have continued on without Ren? I guess we'll never know.

BGirl thats a very good point, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe, although I think anyone would be a little afraid of jumping back into a relationship with the guy who had broken their heart.

I was thinking about this again today and I came up with something to add to my topic starter or w.e. I think I would want someone to fight for me and to not give me up. But I also think that I would want them to respect my decision and let me do what makes me happy. So really, I'm stuck. I think Collen Houck did this on purpose, just to aggrivate me lol.

Elizabeth I agree with you Veronica, I think if Kelsey hadn't experienced what it would be like to lose what she most loved before (her parents) she would be happy to be with Ren. And in top of that, he also hurt her, not voluntarily, but still. They belong together though, I hope she sees that. That if she doesn't risk it, she can't win.

Bookbabe, about your topic, I think I would like someone to fight for me and not give me up, because I know myself and if I want to be with them, then I would do whatever it took to be togehter. That's what Kelsey doesn't know right now, she wants to be with Ren, but she's terrified that she'll lose him again.

Veronica If I were Kelsey and I noticed that my powers were amplified when Ren touched me, I would know that something is up and there is a reason that only he can cause this and not Kishan. They have a connection that is supernatural/magical and it's something that she needs to stop ignoring!

message 9: by Elizabeth (last edited Nov 12, 2011 10:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elizabeth Veronica wrote: "If I were Kelsey and I noticed that my powers were amplified when Ren touched me, I would know that something is up and there is a reason that only he can cause this and not Kishan. They have a co..."

You know what the worst thing is?
That she knows they have a connection. When Ren got his memories back, the first thing she thought of was: ''My connection was back''
And then the mermaid told her how lucky they were to be connected, and you're right Ren can amplify her powers while Kishan can't. But if I'm not mistaken Kelsey saw all this as a sign that she was meant to be the one to break the curse and save both brothers. That they were only cosmically connected (as if that wasn't enough)
I saw it as a sign, THAT THEY WERE MEANT to be together. But I hope she realizes this soon, too.

Veronica Yeah, I think she is aware of alot of things, she just chooses to ignore them because it is "easier" and will protect her heart in the end.

Maryann Taylor Letting Ren go would not be love because he would be miserable without Kelsey. Staying with Kishan would not be love because she doesn't love him the way he loves her and there would always be a void for both of them. It would not be fair for her to stay with Kishan because she is unable to return the same kind of love he has for her.

Maryann Taylor Elizabeth wrote: "You know, I was pondering the same thing through the whole book.
I would like some lady to appear for Kishan, because I don't want him to e..."

I think there are only 4 books total---1 more after Tiger's voyage.

Veronica No, there are 2 more.

Veronica Maryann wrote: "Letting Ren go would not be love because he would be miserable without Kelsey."

If this were true, then what Ren did for Kelsey would not be considered love...

message 15: by Elizabeth (last edited Nov 13, 2011 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elizabeth Veronica wrote: "Yeah, I think she is aware of alot of things, she just chooses to ignore them because it is "easier" and will protect her heart in the end."

Exactly, and in a way, she's right to feel like that because Ren has hurt her, not voluntarily, but still.
She has yet to realize that their connection is so strong that nothing can really keep them apart, not even her own willingness.

Maryann, I agree that letting him go would only make him miserable and that it's not fair to Kishan to do that (I said the same in my review of the book), but I also agree with Veronica that then, it wouldn't be love what Ren did to her, but I think Ren had no idea of how strong Kelsey's feelings were for him. And he thought (stupidily) that she would just forget him and go with Kishan, and even though he did it for her own safety, it still hurt her.

Veronica Yeah, I feel like Ren thinks he's like the lost kitten who wants to be loved so completely but at the same time, he doesn't think he deserves it. So, in a way, Kelsey being this upset with him over what he did should show him just how much she loves him and that is why he will fight for her.

Elizabeth Veronica wrote: "Yeah, I feel like Ren thinks he's like the lost kitten who wants to be loved so completely but at the same time, he doesn't think he deserves it. So, in a way, Kelsey being this upset with him over..."

I agree. It's good that Kelsey did that, so that Ren can understand why she made the choice she did.
And so he will fight.

I thought that maybe the next book, Tiger's Destiny would be from Ren's POV (Like TV ending), but I saw on twitter that Collen said that it would be from Kelsey's POV too.

Veronica Wait, so it's going to alternate between the two, or it's solely Kelsey? There's always someone else's POV in each book but it's always in the Prologue or Epilogue...

Elizabeth Veronica wrote: "Wait, so it's going to alternate between the two, or it's solely Kelsey? There's always someone else's POV in each book but it's always in the Prologue or Epilogue..."

I understood that the whole book was going to be Kelsey's POV, but you're right, usually the Prologue and the epilogue is someone else. I hope we can read something more in Ren's POV, I loved it!

Veronica I think it's for some Kishan POV. I'm still not affiliated with a team so I need something to make me choose!

Elizabeth Veronica wrote: "I think it's for some Kishan POV. I'm still not affiliated with a team so I need something to make me choose!"

Did you see the bonus material from Kishan's POV that Collen updated on her facebook page? I think you will like it.
Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tigers-...

I wish I was still undecided about teams, that way I wouldn't hurt too much about Kelsey's indecision. But I'm team Ren since the first book, I like Kishan too though, just not as much as Ren.

Veronica Yeah, I read it, haha. I think Tiger Voyage has left me swaying more towards Ren :) Kelsey needs to get over everything and JUST. BE. HAPPY!

Elizabeth Veronica wrote: "Yeah, I read it, haha. I think Tiger Voyage has left me swaying more towards Ren :) Kelsey needs to get over everything and JUST. BE. HAPPY!"

I know, one thing that Kelsey has that really stresses me out (even though I really like her character) is her indecision. Aghh I wish I could just tell her: choose the one that makes you happy and stop worrying about anything else.
Like you said, she need to get over everything.

Veronica I'm a believer in the "live your life so that you are happy the entire time" instead of the "do what you think is right or what you think everyone wants to do and have an 'okay' life that doesn't really make you happy".

Elizabeth My new motto is: Accept joy, even though you're afraid it might end one day by Paulo Coehlo.

But I totally see where Kelsey is coming from because I'm a worrier myself, I worry about everything and I'm trying to change that. At least she has a Ren and a Kishan haha most girls don't have either one.

Veronica Then most girls would be me :( Haha.

If only...

Elizabeth Me too haha
but hey it's fun to be single to, and we don't have to make choices like Kelsey we can just have fun.

Of course it would be great if we could have fun with Ren or Kishan, but hey real guys are cool too... kinda haha

Veronica Pfft... No men like them (or fictional male characters, in general) will ever really exist in our world! :(

Elizabeth Well a girl can dream :)

it's better than to see the posibility of never finding a real guy as good as the fictional ones. haha

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

BOTH!

BGirl I think I personally wouold want someone who would let me make my own decisions and loves me enough to let me go. I hate it when people make my decisions for me. (P.S. this is not saying I like Kishan better b.c. honestly I love both!!)

message 32: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel I really think that if you love a person and it is meant to be you should let them go. Eventually things will work out for there own good. Either they will get back together or will have someone come along that is equally or better to love them.

I am such a romantic that I truly believe that Ren and Kelsey will end up together.

message 33: by Kathy (last edited Jan 08, 2012 01:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathy As far as I'm concerned Tiger's Voyage was a necessary evil...for a lack of a better term...that's what I have to tell myself to bide my time until Tiger's Destiny comes out.

Of course Kelsey is going to have walls she lost her parents and then Ren forgets her, yes its wasn't his fault, but it still hurt. Also he wants to play hero all the time self sacrificing that he is, she thinks he will do it again should the situation rear it's ugly head again, and most likely it will. So yeah I can see why she picked Kishan, didn't say I liked it though, not one little bit. And I agree she shouldn't lead Kishan along like that just becaue he is the "safe" choice.

Both of them need to pull their heads out if you know what I mean. Ren is just to much to blame as Kelsey, hurting her the way he did, pushing her buttons knowing what would hurt her the most, then flaunting all those girls in front of her especially Rani...UGH!!!!...stupid stupid stupid man...he didn't even stand up for Kelsey when she stepped out of line on top of that. *BIG BIG SIGH*

Yeah she cannot keep up the ruse for much longer that they don't have a connection, sooner or later she'll have to admit it, more than likely to get out of the mess she's currently in.

I also think that Durga has plans for Kishan cause she seemed to favor him when they met in Tiger's Quest and then Phet gave him the Soma, then the oracle thing. He has always seemed kind of lost to me, and ok I'm going out on a limb here, and I really hate to say it cause I love Kishan, he is so sweet and thoughtful, so don't hate me when I say this and I really hope that it doesn't happen this way it's just a prediction. But you know authors kill off favorite charaters all the time so I just see it leading up to that but then maybe Durga makes him immortal, maybe he will be her consort or something LOL :)

I don't know all I know I cannot wait for Tiger's Destiny to be released. Is it Sept or July? I see comments saying July but the page for it here on goodreads says Sept so which is it.

Kelsey and Ren will end up together because other wise why would Colleen have made the connection between them as powerful and intimate as it is.