!The Young Adult Book Club! discussion

Book PR > December's Reads

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Patrick (last edited Nov 04, 2011 04:20PM) (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) December's Reading Suggestions

Only 4 books per member!^^

Polls will be made to vote on the book(s) to read!
No theme! :)

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin

message 3: by That Slytherin Girl Reads (last edited Nov 04, 2011 09:38PM) (new)

Rachel's Book Reviews (rachelsbookreviews) | 38 comments .......hm...Mephisto Covenant The Mephisto Covenant (The Mephisto Covenant, #1) by Trinity Faegen because it has an angel/hell theme that's PERFECTO for the holidays :)

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) Rachel wrote: ".......hm...Mephisto Covenant The Mephisto Covenant (The Mephisto Covenant, #1) by Trinity Faegen because it has an angel/hell theme that's PERFECTO for the holidays :)"

I have read a couple of reviews about this. How was it?

message 6: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman
This one is really good and it is a first in the trilogy

The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson
First in the Maximum Ride series, which were very good

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
It is suposed to be great

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins
It is suposed to be great

message 7: by Rhine (new)

Rhine (rhinereviews) Maximum ride ;)

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah O | 6 comments I remember reading Maximum Ride a couple of years ago and would love to read it again.
What about a book by Ally Carter like I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
I hear this series is a lot of fun.

message 9: by Desiree (new)

Desiree (goodreadscomdesivero) Forgotten By Cat Patrick. Can't get There from Here By Todd Stasser. Sold By Patrica Mccormick and Sold By Patrica McCormick. Those are my top 4. They may not be knew ones but there good. :)

Lex is da name, dont wear it out Maximum Ride, Clockwork Prince, Wicked lovely, M&F

message 12: by James (new)

James (theadventurousbookreader) | 51 comments The Golden Compass was a really good book.

message 13: by claire elise (new)

claire elise (claireeelise) | 6 comments i think we should do something incorporating winter time! Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater is great, and i absolutely loved The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin . I recently looked at The Mephisto Covenant (The Mephisto Covenant, #1) by Trinity Faegen which looks intriguing, and its the only book out of the 3 I listed I haven't read yet.

message 14: by Morgan (new)

message 15: by Kristine (last edited Nov 17, 2011 07:09PM) (new)

message 16: by Paul (new)

Paul (wickedendings) | 1 comments SHIVER IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! We should read it.

message 17: by Lucille (last edited Nov 18, 2011 06:15PM) (new)

Lucille (lucillep) | 855 comments Is the Clockwork Prince out already? Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer

message 18: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morganmarieee) | 7 comments Lucille wrote: "Is the Clockwork Prince out already? Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer"
No it comes out on December 6th.

message 19: by B. Lynn (new)

B. Lynn Olujare (haliwafa) Morgan wrote: "Lucille wrote: "Is the Clockwork Prince out already? Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer"
No it comes out on December 6th."

i loved both of those books. i read them at the same time a couple of weeks back. night shade is my favorite of the two while paranormalcy hits in at awesome as well.

message 20: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillep) | 855 comments Morgan wrote: "Lucille wrote: "Is the Clockwork Prince out already? Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer"
No it comes out on December 6th."

Oh, perfect time for December's reading.

message 21: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Kowgie (mika_koga) | 6 comments Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

i havent read this yet

message 23: by Lucille (new)

message 24: by Neisha (new)

message 25: by Jamie (new)

message 27: by Myrah (new)

Myrah A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

these two were very good, everyone should read them :)

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater shiver I haven't read yet, but it seems nice !

message 28: by Melody (new)

Melody I really liked shiver :) definitely a good winter read.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah McMillan | 134 comments I to am looking forward toClockwork Prince
Beautiful ChaosLooks really good I loved the first 2 in the series and I can't wait to read The Iron Knight

message 30: by Wealllovemakeup (new)

Wealllovemakeup | 3 comments I think maybee maxumim ride the first one in the series because I heard its great and also I heard that Mephisto Covenant is good so maybe that??

message 31: by Nataly (new)

Nataly (natalyreads) I've been meaning to read these:
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

message 32: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillep) | 855 comments For my last one: Fateful by Claudia Gray

message 33: by Galadriel (new)

Galadriel Thoman (Khylira) | 19 comments I'm new but I'll jump in with suggestions!

The Future of Us
Ship Breaker
I've read the whole trilogy but I loved Shiver
Ashes

message 34: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (blackrose388) The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

message 35: by May (new)

May | 16 comments clockwork prince

message 36: by Allison (new)

Allison (amurphh) Shiver & The Book Thief! (:

message 37: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) | 57 comments I'm new here, but these are some really good books that I absolutely love. (= I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1) by Ally Carter Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) by Ally Carter Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

message 38: by Alexis (new)

Alexis I'm a new to this, but I'm currently reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer and it's pretty good though I haven't finished it yet :)

message 39: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Allison wrote: "Shiver & The Book Thief! (:"

I've heard of Shiver, is it good (if you read it)

message 40: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wealllovemakeup wrote: "I think maybee maxumim ride the first one in the series because I heard its great and also I heard that Mephisto Covenant is good so maybe that??"

I loved that series; the whole series is really good. :)

message 41: by Saisaa (new)

Saisaa | 1 comments Hi! I'm reading Spellbound
Almost finished with it...its a good book so far.

message 42: by Mimi (new)

message 43: by Tess (new)

Tess (stillnotcool) The Perks of Being a Wallflower
it's a great book, and i'd recommend it to anyone, i'm not a big fan of the hunger games series, but they are worth reading, A Study in Scarlet and it always good to read a classic at christmas :)

message 44: by Jack Kitchen (new)

Jack Kitchen Tess wrote: "The Perks of Being a Wallflower
it's a great book, and i'd recommend it to anyone, i'm not a big fan of the hunger games series, but they are worth reading, [book:A Study in Scarlet|10..."

Perks of being a wallflower is a good book - can't wait for the film adaptation next year!

message 45: by Tess (new)

Tess (stillnotcool) Jack wrote: "Tess wrote: "The Perks of Being a Wallflower
it's a great book, and i'd recommend it to anyone, i'm not a big fan of the hunger games series, but they are worth reading, [book:A Study ..."

excuse me while i fangirl in the corner :D

message 46: by Jack Kitchen (new)

Jack Kitchen Tess wrote: "Jack wrote: "Tess wrote: "The Perks of Being a Wallflower
it's a great book, and i'd recommend it to anyone, i'm not a big fan of the hunger games series, but they are worth reading, [..."

With Hermione Granger (Emma Watson) and Percy Jackson (Logan Lerman)!

message 47: by Tess (new)

Tess (stillnotcool) Jack wrote: "Tess wrote: "Jack wrote: "Tess wrote: "The Perks of Being a Wallflower
it's a great book, and i'd recommend it to anyone, i'm not a big fan of the hunger games series, but they are wor..."

i know;D it shall be majestic(:

message 48: by Jack Kitchen (new)

Jack Kitchen Tess wrote: "Jack wrote: "Tess wrote: "Jack wrote: "Tess wrote: "The Perks of Being a Wallflower
it's a great book, and i'd recommend it to anyone, i'm not a big fan of the hunger games series, but..."

Next year is seriously nomnomnomnomnomnomnom for books and films.

message 49: by Tess (new)

Tess (stillnotcool) Jack wrote: "Tess wrote: "Jack wrote: "Tess wrote: "Jack wrote: "Tess wrote: "The Perks of Being a Wallflower
it's a great book, and i'd recommend it to anyone, i'm not a big fan of the hunger game..."

couldn't have put it better myself(;

message 50: by Allison (last edited Nov 24, 2011 11:55AM) (new)

Allison (amurphh) Alexis wrote: "Allison wrote: "Shiver & The Book Thief! (:"

I've heard of Shiver, is it good (if you read it)"

I've never read it, but I've heard it's really good!

« previous 1