Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, #4) Breaking Dawn discussion

bella vs rosalie

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber did rosalie have a jealousy issue with bella because of 1:bella was human and could have kids or 2: because even when bella wasnt human she had her own child???

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber really? i think in the begging it was 1 then maybe it was both?

Alex ahlert it was one she wanted to have kids and never can

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber okay. thanks i guess i should have remembered that XD

Kirby I don't know that her initial jealousy was b/c of bella being human- she was jealous at first b/c edward was attracted to bella when he'd never given rosalie the time of day. then, after bella decided to become a vampire, rosalie was pissed that she was throwing her humanity away.

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber nice way of putting it kirby :)

message 8: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat both!

Kirby Amber wrote: "nice way of putting it kirby :)"

thank you! :)

message 10: by Famo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Famo Musa 1

Lindis Russell 3. All of the above.
I don't like Rosalie, she's selfish. PERIOD! Yes, she is neccisary to the story, but I still don't like her.

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber thats fair lindis.
kirby your welcome

message 13: by zara (new)

zara didn't see secretly wish that bella died during giving birth so reneseme can be hers? I know she has a tragic past and what happened to her was truly sad but she is selfish and Vain.

message 14: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Both

AlbertaJenn I always found it a bit sad that Rosalie wished for humanity like Bella had, when really, her life as a human was headed down the toilet. She would never have had Emmett, and would have spent a lonely life living with an abusive husband (if they hadn't killed her), with no sure thing that she would have conceived the child that she wanted so much.

Uditi Rosalie all the way!- i just think she's better!

Surprisingly- all the 'What twilight character are you?' tests say that i'm like Rosalie. Only about 4 said i'm like Alice and the rest (about 8/9) said i'm like Rosalie- don't get me wrong i'm not selfish or anything (sometimes) but i just think Rosalie's better.

Melissa I think that it is both. Rosalie is really pretty and i think that she really wanted children of her own. Then when bella got pregnant she was lealous of that but then furious that bella was so willing to give up her life. i think that if bella wouldve died rosalie wouldve taken care of nessie as her own.

Elizabeth Amber wrote: "did rosalie have a jealousy issue with bella because of 1:bella was human and could have kids or 2: because even when bella wasnt human she had her own child???"

Rosalie disliked bella because of her dicsion to become a vampire. Rosalie thought that bella was making a wrong choice with giving up EVERYTHING for immortality.

Andrea I thought Rosalie was sort of attracted to Bella.

Kirby Andrea wrote: "I thought Rosalie was sort of attracted to Bella."

ha, that's funny! what makes you think that?

Celeste i think both

Uditi Elizabeth wrote: "Amber wrote: "did rosalie have a jealousy issue with bella because of 1:bella was human and could have kids or 2: because even when bella wasnt human she had her own child???"

Rosalie disliked b..."

-and being with Edward

Lourdes Montes BELLA

message 24: by Amber (new)

Amber Kirby wrote: "Andrea wrote: "I thought Rosalie was sort of attracted to Bella."

ha, that's funny! what makes you think that?"

that is the most random thing ever....i really want to know how you thought that....its really funny though :))

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

You have to keep in mind Rosalie's story. She NEVER wanted to be a vampire. She wanted a simple, perfect life. But her life feel apart no matter what she did. Bella had all the things Rose wanted and never worked to hard for it.

Kirby Dana wrote: "You have to keep in mind Rosalie's story. She NEVER wanted to be a vampire. She wanted a simple, perfect life. But her life feel apart no matter what she did. Bella had all the things Rose wanted a..."

although, to be fair, rose never worked hard for anything as a human...could that maybe be part of it? rose's disgust w/ herself that she wasted her humanity on vanity and covetousness?

Rachael Kirby wrote: "Dana wrote: "You have to keep in mind Rosalie's story. She NEVER wanted to be a vampire. She wanted a simple, perfect life. But her life feel apart no matter what she did. Bella had all the things ..."

Yeah Rosalie never worked hard for anything but she never had to. She didn't grow up knowing how it was to work hard. Not knowing that just became apart of who she was. It contributed to her character. To her... there was nothing wrong with the feelings she felt. As a human and a vampire. I don't think she resents the fact she wasted her humanity... I believe she thinks it has been stolen from her. By her murderous husband and slightly by Carlisle.

message 28: by Kirby (last edited Nov 22, 2011 09:44PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kirby but rosalie herself describes- somewhat abashedly, I think- her human life as being foolish and vain, or something like that...she admits that she wasn't a nice person.

and there have been overprivileged people throughout history who have channeled their time, money, and influence to a worthy cause...though I still understand that she was raised to be exactly how she was- can't entirely blame her.

Lindis Russell Rachael wrote: "Kirby wrote: "Dana wrote: "You have to keep in mind Rosalie's story. She NEVER wanted to be a vampire. She wanted a simple, perfect life. But her life feel apart no matter what she did. Bella had a..."

What did you mean by "her murderous husband"?
The human guy? Royce King, I think it was. She wasn't married to him. He and his cronies killed her, or beat her to an inch from death, before they got married. They were only engaged. When you said husband, I automatically thought, Emmett.

The past few posts have almost proven my point, Rosalie is just a spoiled, selfish brat.

Kirby Lindis wrote: "Rachael wrote: "Kirby wrote: "Dana wrote: "You have to keep in mind Rosalie's story. She NEVER wanted to be a vampire. She wanted a simple, perfect life. But her life feel apart no matter what she ..."

well, I think she grew some depth during her vampire life, but, yes, I think she was just a spoiled selfish brat as a human...

Sɑnɗrɑ☼ zara wrote: "didn't see secretly wish that bella died during giving birth so reneseme can be hers? I know she has a tragic past and what happened to her was truly sad but she is selfish and Vain."
everyone is at one point in their life. You can't really blame her. Her beauty was one thing that made her parents proud and she was known for it! What was she supposed to do? Go make herself ugly? It's because of her beauty that she became that kind of person but she honestly does mean good and is good at heart.

message 32: by Kimber Noelle (new)

Kimber Noelle I think Rosalie is goregeous but ungratefull, spiteful, petty, and jelous.

I definatly favor BELLA.

message 33: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Rosalie was jealous of Bella because she actually wanted to give up her ability to bear children in favor of becoming a 'monster.' Rosalie would have been able to do that if her betrothed hadn't been such a (insert bad word here) so she is mad that Bella would WILLINGLY give up that ability. It is because of this that Bella turns to Rosalie to help her out when she finds that she is pregnant. Bella's child gives Rosalie a chance to sort of take care of it, and be a mother, which is all she really wants.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Rosalie was jealous of Bella for giving up her humanity. but Rosalie's story really was morbid...

message 35: by Curlygirly (last edited Dec 29, 2011 01:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Curlygirly Roaslie is such a grouch. I know her story and its sad how she got turned into a vampire and how she wants kids but can't have any... but if she really hates being a vampire so much why dosn't she just go to the Volturi and kill herself? In Breaking Dawn we see her nicer side but in both the books and movie she seems like an ice queen and she isn't even that nice to Carlisle, who SAVED her life.

message 36: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994 Bella is an easy character to make fun of. She has her good moments but I didn't like how she was constantly whining for Edward in New Moon instead of giving Jacob more of a chance.

message 37: by Rula (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rula bella wants to be a vampire because she's madly in love with edward. i think Rosalie is jealous because she didn't have what Bella has. the reason why i think that Rosalie is jealous is because Royce King sexually assaulted her and left her for dead.