What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Children's Book: Girl's Funny Diary /s

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloebooklover) | 4 comments All I remember is that it was about a girl and her mother was getting remarried or something (ugh, or not!), she was keeping a diary and it had a lot of pictures. Also a lot of words in the diary were in bold or coloured or underlined. I think she also had a tree house, and her mom may have been pregnant with twins and possibly have a broken leg.

I hope that makes at least some sense :/

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 3: by Elle (new)

Elle (rumpus) | 3 comments I'm sure I read a similar book - could it be Anastasia Krupnik?

I think that book had a lot of bold and underlining in it (a lot of lists too, I think). Her mum was pregnant with her younger brother and she was going to name him?

message 4: by Danielle (last edited Feb 20, 2012 03:39PM) (new)

Danielle | 152 comments Maybe the Amelia series by Marissa Moss. The format of the book sounds right, but I don't know if any have that storyline. The first book is Amelia's Notebook.

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 71 comments Maybe The Private Notebook of Katie Roberts, Age 11 and The Great Green Notebook of Katie Roberts? The books are written as a diary kept by the main character. Her father died in World War II and her mother remarried and had twin boys with her new husband. I don't remember if they were funny since I read them many, many years ago.

message 6: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments i don't think Chloe is looking for the Anatasia Krupnik books. I read several of them a couple years ago, and I don't remember any bold or colored or underlined texts. I also don't remember any pictures or the mom remarrying.

message 7: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments Could it be one of the books in the Amelia's Notebook series?

http://www.goodreads.com/search?query...

message 8: by Cornelia (new)

Cornelia Shields | 51 comments "I, Trissy" is a good book with some similarities. The drawings are done on a typewriter.

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
OP has their profile set to Private. But you are still able to send them a PM, so I did. If no reply soon, then the next Mod can move this down to Abandoned.

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) | 10 comments Maybe the princess diaries?

message 11: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloebooklover) | 4 comments Hi! Sorry I totally abandoned this topic - I completely forgot about it.

Rebecca was right - the book is The Private Notebook of Katie Roberts, Age 11.

Thank you everyone for your help, and sorry about leaving this topic for so long!