What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Children who find a magic coin

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mirra (new)

Mirra | 1 comments Three children find a magic coin and the two older, a boy and girl, loose their younger sibling. The book is basically them traveling and trying to get their sibling back. Pretty sure the sibling is a younger brother, but not 100%. I think this will be a young adult/children book since I read it quite awhile ago, which is why I'm a little shaky on the details. Any help is appreciated.

message 2: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (lltoo) | 143 comments Maybe Half Magic by Edward Eager?

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6981 comments Mod
THat's what I'm thinking too Mirra--since that book has 4 of the stories in it that were published alone before.

But if is not one of those, it HAS to be another one of Edward Eager's books.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Half Magic is a great tale. The children discover that when they make a wish, it comes half true. Thus, they are forced to think carefully about their wishes, such as "Take us to the amusement park, only twice as far." This lands them at the amusement park. It's a great read.

So are the other books by Edward Eager.
Recommended reading.

message 5: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 374 comments Several times, I tried to discard this book, thinking that because it was published so long ago and the cover looked so old-fashioned, that kids (my students) wouldn't want to read it anymore. But then I would start reading it again myself to make sure, and each time I would decide that it was absolutely good enough to not throw away. It is timeless enough that it still works.

message 6: by Tess (new)

Tess | 439 comments I also think it's Half Magic! Let us know if we're right

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37540 comments Mod
Mirra, are you still looking for this? Was it Half Magic?

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6981 comments Mod
Mirra's ONLY activity on GR was her post here. Other than that--nothing. So not sure if she really is still looking or no.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Half Magic (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Edward Eager (other topics)